advocare catalyst and spark

Options

Replies

• tanya0324
    tanya0324 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Actually, according to my doctor, psyllium husk fiber is better than Metamucil. I'd taken that every morning years ago before I'd ever heard of Advocare products. So when I read the ingredient list on the cleanse, I felt it would do just as well. The cost of the cleanse was about the same as a jar of the psyllium husk and a pro biotic anyway. I get up and go to work 6 days a week. I spend my money on what I want. Thanks for the input though.
  • starmickey03
    starmickey03 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Ive tried both Spark and Catalyst. Neither did anything for me.
    Spark gave me no energy whatsoever, but the taste was okay.
  • drivingtodothis
    drivingtodothis Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Wow you all sure know how to make a thread entertaining to read after posting a topic! haha.

Thanks for all of the input. I personally am not interested in any sort of cleanse from advocare. I am although interested in other forms of energy and getting opinions from people who have tried the products. That's all I was asking.

Thanks again.
  • dondimitri
    dondimitri Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I am although interested in other forms of energy and getting opinions from people who have tried the products.

There is only one proven, reliable, widely accepted, scientifically vetted, non-drug sourced, form of energy. You can buy it at your local supermarket. It is called "food". If you incorporate this thing called "food" into a balanced diet (which diet you use is I agree very open to debate) you will be providing yourself with all the energy that is currently available. Put your money into nutrition, don't waste it on useless and costly supplements.
  • xinit0
    xinit0 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised you didn't include the link to your advocare website.......

If they talk about advocare sales club, they might get a warning from the mods, but if they merely talk it up, they're hoping people will view their profiles, where they DO have the links to their distributorships.
  • xinit0
    Options
    The reason being that the cleanse will allow the nutrients to be absorbed better, because you would have cleaned out the junk. Just my 2 cents....

You get what you pay for with most things, including 2 cent opinions.

Please, tell us what this "junk" is and how it is "cleaned out" that a healthy body can't do on its own.
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I used then for a very short time. Ingot severe migraines every time used their products, ended up sick to my stomach and overall felt worse than ever.
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    The reason being that the cleanse will allow the nutrients to be absorbed better, because you would have cleaned out the junk. Just my 2 cents....

Please, tell us what this "junk" is and how it is "cleaned out" that a healthy body can't do on its own.

Stalk much?
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options

Stalk much?

Interesting deflection.......is there are reason you still have not actually answered the question posed?
  • xinit0
    Options

Stalk much?

Avoid much? This should be a pretty simple question. I have been posting on a lot of threads, and you're not my type, anyway.

So... can you tell us what this junk is? Thanks.
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I gotta say, I used spark for awhile.

Awesome stuff. HOWEVER, its expensive as ****, and you can get cheaper alternatives that are just as good.
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options

Stalk much?
    Not to try to pick on you, but the reason everyone is getting on your case is because you are FLAT OUT WRONG.

A "Cleanse" isnt even broscience. Its literally a scam made up by people to sell products.

The scientific studies clearly show that cleanses are all bull****. ALL OF THEM. Every single one.
  • kittyhasclaws
    kittyhasclaws Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Any and all things Advocare are a waste of money. If you are having energy issues, get a B vitamin supplement, get your blood checked to ensure your levels of D and iron are good, then go from there.
  • g33kmommy
    g33kmommy Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I have a friend that is an Advocare seller and she's been downright hounding me about ordering their 24-day cleanse or whatever.

$190.00 for a ONE month supply? Are you kidding me? No thank you.

However, I do know several people that use the Spark and that's the only thing they purchase. They all use it in the morning for energy. I've heard nothing but good about the Watermelon flavor.

I'm thinking about trying some myself, but it's so pricey and I honestly think most of this crap is a scam.
  • Hexahedra
    Hexahedra Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I eat at McDonald's 5 times a week and I still lose weight. I can argue that McDonald's food must cause me to lose weight, while conveniently neglecting to mention that I eat at a caloric deficit. If I take MLM product X, many people will actually believe that the stuff works.
  • tavenne323
    tavenne323 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I did the cleanse with the catalyst. I used it as a jump start to my new life style. It is expensive, but I followed it and lost 21 lbs. I used the expense and the "challenge" as a reason to really clean out my diet and start paying more attention to what and how much I was eating. The cleanse is mostly just a lot of (really gross) fiber, followed by high quality vitamins. I'm not a coffee drinker, and I think the Spark is suppose to replace that part of the diet. My friends sells it and she gives me a box once and a while. I use it mostly around 2pm when I start to feel the need for a nap (usually right before I have to go to work). It's a nice little boost. I don't like the orange flavor at all, but the fruit punch isn't bad. As for the catalyst, during the cleanse you are suppose to take three capsules throughout the day. By the end of the cleanse there are quite a few left, so I started taking three before a workout (which is what the bottle says) and noticed a definite energy boost. I felt my workout wasn't as tiring and could probably run further. Now I continue to take the catalyst before a work out and the Spark when I'm feeling tired mid-day.
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Any and all things Advocare are a waste of money. If you are having energy issues, get a B vitamin supplement, get your blood checked to ensure your levels of D and iron are good, then go from there.

I do really like the vitamins, but that is the only thing I take.
  • Amyp7777
    Amyp7777 Posts: 79
    Options
    Step right up, step right up, step right up,

Stayed for the Tom Waits :flowerforyou:
  • smaihlee
    smaihlee Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    After my workout this morning, the group was talking about weight loss. One of the girls brought up this brand. Said she was interested in improving her nutrition and her friend was trying to get her to try the products. She wasn't sure if she should spend money on the stuff without knowing more about it. I asked her if her friend was fat, and she got this shocked look on her face and said "YES!!". She got the point. I told her to get an MFP account and then dropped the conversation.

I felt kinda bad after I said that, but hopefully she'll be thankful because I saved her a lot of money.
  • xinit0
    Options
    Finding some interesting things out there, countering claims... http://advocaretruth.blog.com/

This older post has some interesting points http://advocaretruth.blog.com/2011/06/22/advocare/