Stronglifts 5x5

Options
1235»

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    TIL that deadlift is not considered a pull exercise in the part time high school biomechanics community
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    DavPul wrote: »
    TIL that deadlift is not considered a pull exercise in the part time high school biomechanics community

It's not like you're pulling it up or anything...
  • ThomasWright1997
    ThomasWright1997 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    You Aren't pushing the weight because its not behind you?
  • ThomasWright1997
    ThomasWright1997 Posts: 155 Member
    Options

Definitions (google search)

Push: to exert force on (someone or something) in order to move them away from oneself.

Pull: to exert force on (someone or something) so as to cause movement towards oneself.

Where does the bar move (towards or away from yourself) in a Deadlift??

• Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options

Push: to exert force on (someone or something) in order to move them away from oneself.

Pull: to exert force on (someone or something) so as to cause movement towards oneself.

-_-
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options

It's a pull movement...

I still don't know if you're trolling or not
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    I would ignore the amendments on this thread and just do the stronglifts programme as set ...it is widely respected as a good, solid beginners programme...listening to an 18 year old wannabe power lifter over an established programme is rather daft IMO

This x 6x10^23
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    MFP upgrade features...
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

is_this_real_life101-1.gif
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options

no, this is mfp.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options

Umm...when you pull up the bar you are pulling it towards yourself so... ?????????? :huh: ???????
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options

:o You're joking, right? Please say you are joking.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options

v88uf2kfche4.jpg

• 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options

Vid pls
  • AbsoluteTara79
    AbsoluteTara79 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I think SL haters forget it's a beginner program. I did it for 7 months with great success when I started MFP. I lost the weight I wanted to, learned the main lifts, gained a lot of strength and built confidence in the weight room.

The simplicity of the program makes it very accessible which is pretty important for noobs IMO. Eventually I found it was time to move on. But it is solid to get you going.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    I think SL haters forget it's a beginner program.

That, and they don't do the program the way they're supposed to - sometimes causing imbalances because they didn't follow the program correctly - then say it sucks.

• LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options

Uhm, read your definition of pull again.