No Alcohol August

Options
167891012»

Replies

• MyWhole30Journey
    MyWhole30Journey Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    @fiddletime Good for you! I must admit that if I saw wine in my fridge, the temptation would be to great. I would have given up on the cookies for the wine. In fact, I use to have a saying, "walk for the wine", it got my exercise in everyday but then I drank the calories I burned every night. Again I say, Good for you! :)
  • Susan176
    Susan176 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    One day at a time
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    Cookies>wine!! I have really been amazed at how much more I can eat now that I am not drinking my calories every single day! I had a piece of cake the other day and still stayed below my calorie goal.
  • MyWhole30Journey
    Options
    I know, seriously, I haven't gone over goal once this month! Day 29 :)
  • tmbg1
    Options
    Lost another pound! I'm sold on the no alcohol thing!
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Even with the cookies and 300 calories over last night I finally broke my plateau and lost a pound. Think it's for real, not water weight. I think no alcohol has helped me lose that pound.
  • MyWhole30Journey
    Options
    Well, today is the last day of my Whole30 journey and I lost 12 pounds in 30 days. I've gone 30 days with no alcohol and I'm feeling great. I'm ready to start another 30 day journey :) September here I come!
  • tmbg1
    Options
    So now that I am enjoying sparkling water every night, I have a question. Is there any reason not to have sparkling water every night? Is there such a thing as too much sparkling water??
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    tmbg1 wrote: »
    So now that I am enjoying sparkling water every night, I have a question. Is there any reason not to have sparkling water every night? Is there such a thing as too much sparkling water??
    I just bought another flat of it.
  • MyWhole30Journey
    Options
    My only problem with too much Sparkling Water is that it affects my sleep. LO
    L :-)
  • Brooke1076
    Brooke1076 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Last day of August!! We did SO good! The last couple days for me have been GREAT! I know I have said it a million times before but I just can't believe how deeply I sleep without the alcohol. I used to toss and turn once every 20 minutes and get up to pee every 30 minutes. Last night I woke up once to pee and I think I only turned once! And my pillow was soaked in drool (LOL sorry, gross, but it told me how deeply I slept!).... definitely the beginning of this month was hard for me so I am 100% moving over to the Sober September thread. Because August turned out to be kind of a struggle for me to start, I really do plan on making it the whole month of September.
    @tmbg1 Have you heard of the soda machine? I bought one and LOVE it! No more lugging in sparkling water cases from the grocery store.. the machine makes it all ready at my fingertips whenever I want. Seriously one of my favorite kitchen gadgets... http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/1/1/112572-sodastream-source-sparkling-beverage-maker-starter-kit-black.html
  • tmbg1
    Options
    So it's the last day of August and here is how it went down for me. I did 3/4 of dry July and then I started on August 3rd for August....went AF until the 14th....slipped again on the 16th..........then went AF for the rest of the month except for one other slip...just forgot the day... So I used to drink every night...this month I drank 5 nights....a major improvement....heading over to Sober September tomorrow to keep it going. Hope you all join me...is the link posted?
  • jesha00
    jesha00 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    The last two weeks I've been working on cutting back. It's difficult! It's not that I need to drink, I have no withdrawals after a few days off, BUT I didn't realize all of the things I associate booze with! It's practically everything. I'm coming over to Sober September, but I have a feeling it's going to be a month of trial and error.
  • MyWhole30Journey
    Options
    fiddletime wrote: »
    tmbg1 wrote: »
    I just bought another flat of it.

August is over today, hop on over to the Sober September thread to stick with us :)

• MyWhole30Journey
    Options
    I MADE IT!!! 30 Days with NO Alcohol :) Moving over to the thread Sober September to keep this streak going. Come on, join us.
  • ThysbeEverbloom
    ThysbeEverbloom Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    still 8 days to go for me since i joined later - but i have no doubt to make it - no sober september for me but its quite likely we ll meet in sober november again :-)

keep up the great work - its worth it