What are your biggest fears?

Options

Replies

• chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    Being single after 30, becoming bankrupt, being morbidly obese and getting wrinkles.

being single in 30s is not a bad thing.

Actually being single in your 30s is pretty amazing. Chances are you have a good job that pays well by then, you have some money saved away and you may be working on your first house. You have free time that no one really bothers you about.. if you want to stay in and read, watch netflix for a weekend you don't get your 20 year old friends calling you lame. You are the person that really gets to collect and tell stories because you don't have children to support (which means you get to dissapear for weekends).. And you are still young enough that most things physical are well within your grasp. Being single in your 30s is freaking awesome.

^This made my day because I totally agree.

Heck, if you're financially savvy, don't waste away your money on useless things, then you could easily have enough money to retire and live a life of real freedom by the time you're 35!
  • MuscleAndMascara
    MuscleAndMascara Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Being consumed by fear in itself preventing me from living my life to its fullest potential and any harm to my daughter.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Dementia, poor health, being dependent on others.
  • smtaylo85
    smtaylo85 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    Heights and Snakes!! i hate snakes!!!!!!!
  • JSurita3
    JSurita3 Posts: 10,188 Member
    Options
    Death of a loved one.
  • Love2Rappel
    Love2Rappel Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Inaction
  • lmd177
    lmd177 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    If something bad were to happen to one of my kids
  • lookin4gains
    lookin4gains Posts: 1,762 Member
    Options
    My daughter resenting me for being away during deployment to war. She doesn't understand and I fear the day she will become angry and hate me for it.
  • MissVintanna
    MissVintanna Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Saggy skin after hitting my target weight and dying before I've achieved what I want to
  • BasicGreatGuy
    BasicGreatGuy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    ThomasW13 wrote: »
    deep dark water that i can't see the bottom of.

and clowns. when i was a little kid my ma had these pictures hanging in our room of these two little boy clowns playing. she thought they were cute but their smiles just ruined me. had a problem with them ever since.
    A lot of people suffer from Coulrophobia (fear of clowns).
  • melmelw03
    melmelw03 Posts: 5,338 Member
    Options
    My daughter resenting me for being away during deployment to war. She doesn't understand and I fear the day she will become angry and hate me for it.

Aww....hugs! :'(
  • mikestobbs1
    mikestobbs1 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Not giving it my all
  • JackieVey
    JackieVey Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I would say being stuck on an elevator with a your client who isn't mentally stable. This did happen for a few minutes...and I can tell you...this was not fun.
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options
    My rational fears are much like all of yours. Something happening to my kids, something happening to my husband and having to tell my kids, cancer and death. My irrational fear is of airplanes, not being in them or flying on one, but more of them plummeting out of the sky and landing on me :/
  • priscillam31
    priscillam31 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Oh you know the obvious, something happening to my hubs, one of my kids. But I'm also really afraid of heights, snakes and spiders.
  • priscillam31
    priscillam31 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    My rational fears are much like all of yours. Something happening to my kids, something happening to my husband and having to tell my kids, cancer and death. My irrational fear is of airplanes, not being in them or flying on one, but more of them plummeting out of the sky and landing on me :/

The whole plane thing.. It's happens. My cousins friend was killed this way earlier this year. At her house. So your fear is warranted.
  • JackieVey
    JackieVey Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    ThomasW13 wrote: »
    JackieVey wrote: »
    I would say being stuck on an elevator with a your client who isn't mentally stable. This did happen for a few minutes...and I can tell you...this was not fun.

work in mental health/social services? something similar happened to a friend of mine once and she's been all panicky ever since.

Yea I do. I'm a supervisor but I had to cover for a case manager. It is scary. Luckily nothing happened in the elevator tho. Sorry about your friend. Tell your friend to always carry a cell phone on them in case of emergencies. Handle with care classes wouldn't hurt either or some kind of self-defense class too.
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options

The whole plane thing.. It's happens. My cousins friend was killed this way earlier this year. At her house. So your fear is warranted.

Thanks for warranting it, however I quite wish you would not have shared... LOL! My condolences to your friend because that is awful :'( But for real, it all started after 9-11, since then I have had the same dream at least once a month and I will spare all of the details but it involves me swimming in the ocean, a plane falling out of the sky, crashing on me and me actually dying in my dream... No bueno!

That said, I have been skydiving 4 times and I love to vacation which involves flying. Haha!