Are you honest about how much you currently weigh / did way weigh with your partner?

Options
I've just gotten off to a good start on my weight loss journey. I was weighing myself yesterday morning while chatting with my husband and I was thrilled by a good reading so I told him how much I'd lost and remarked that it was more than I'd aimed for or expected. And then he asked the dreaded question "So, how much do you weigh?" I froze then freaked out and declared it a secret then stood there with my foot covering the readout panel. My husband knows I really big but the thought of him putting a number on what I've let happen to myself terrified me. He tried to guess and was way off the mark. Maybe I'll be able to tell him once I've finally lost it, I don't know. On the flip side he is honest about his weight with me. He's a little over by Asian standards but not too bad by Australian standards (I'm an Aussie).

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Haahaa my husband knows way more than he probably cares to about how much I weigh and have weighed!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I just tell him the number... no big deal. *shrug*
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Once I lost it, I didn't care. He knows how much I weigh now and how much I've lost...so he has to know that I was at least his weight or heavier when we met. Many people still don't discuss it because it doesn't matter, and if you want to keep it private that is your prerogative.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Yeah I remember that feeling all too well! When I first started I would only weigh myself when I knew he couldn't walk in the room. I couldn't bring myself to talk about the actual numbers then.
    But now , I don't mind. I'm 135lbs and weigh myself at the gym in the locker room , in front of all the women and at home in front of the husband. So the good news is, you won't feel like this for long. Soon , you'll have no problem talking about the numbers because you'll be proud of yourself !
    So keep up the good work !!
  • melissakunimitsu9232
    melissakunimitsu9232 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »
    I just tell him the number... no big deal. *shrug*

It should be no big deal. I was surprised by how much I freaked out. My husband does know way more than he'd probably like to through having to accompany me on Doctors visits due to language barriers.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Yes. I tell him even when I only lose .2 lbs
  • CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Hubby and I tell each other nearly every day.
  • melissakunimitsu9232
    Options

thorsmom01 wrote: »
    So the good news is, you won't feel like this for long. Soon , you'll have no problem talking about the numbers because you'll be proud of yourself !

I've got a lot to loose. Probably once I've lost a solid chunk of it I won't be able resist bragging to him and my family. The thought of my parents or sisters knowing my current weight also makes me squirm. I guess it's just that my weight is an emotional hot button for me (and plenty of other people too)
  • AZnewbie00
    AZnewbie00 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    My husband knows how much I weigh and I am very honest with him about how much I gain or lose. I feel its helps me be accountable. He is very open with his weight too.
  • Zombella
    Zombella Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    For some reason I don't want to weigh myself with my husband in the room but he knows how big I've been so I'm not sure why I even care? He was there when I cried when I heard how much I weighed at the highest weight that I know that I was.
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Mine is usually still half-asleep when I weigh myself in the mornings. I still tell him because l like to share my victories, even small ones. I doubt he clearly remembers these conversations though :p
  • minkky
    minkky Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I tell my hubby when I lose weight, but not that much. I would never tell him how much I weigh though. Maybe if I was in onederland ... I just don't feel it's his business. I consider it more of a girlfriend/bestie conversation.
  • sls450
    sls450 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    your weight is only your relationship with gravity
  • Achaila
    Achaila Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I've never felt ashamed with my partner. But one day he told me how much he weighs and I realized I was 20 pounds heavier than him and felt a ridiculous sense of shame. I don't care tho. He doesn't care how much I weigh so, fat or thin he's just like "as long as you're happy and healthy."
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Yes. I've stuck his **** in my *** so a number on a scale is hardly a blip on the radar.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    The closest thing I have to a partner has been on MFP along with me, and we often go walking together, and we
    used to go to the gym together, and we frequently compare weight & how much we've lost.
    In addition to all that, my weight is on my profile, and ticker.

I've had other people ask how much I've lost, and I'm OK with that, but I think for a stranger I wouldn't tell my
    current weight.

51637601.png
  • melissakunimitsu9232
    Options
    AZnewbie00 wrote: »
    My husband knows how much I weigh and I am very honest with him about how much I gain or lose. I feel its helps me be accountable. He is very open with his weight too.

That's a good attitude to have.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Hubby and I have a note pad by the scale for daily logging of weight. There have been times when I weighed more than he does and he is 6' while I am 5'3".

Standing in my truth has helped me with weight and personal financial issues, I have no intention of not being truthful. It did hurt coming clean originally, but now, it is just how we live.
  • z304
    z304 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Yep. He knows when I gain or lose, and I know when he gains or loses. We encourage each other to keep working towards our fitness goals more than we talk about weight though- weight more comes up occasionally, we talk about working out and eating better at least every few days (aside from the last few weeks when every time I exercise he hears about it immediately, sometimes via a snapchat of me disgusting and sweaty when I've just stepped off a treadmill lmao).

Also, I would feel weird deliberately not telling him something.
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    My husband has flat out told me he's sick of hearing me talk about my losses and struggles...he tolerates it when I do and when I loose more he says good job...He says he doesn't care how I look that I'm sexy no matter what though it comes out kinda robotic sounding at times...I told him I'm not ugly, just fat. I still get hit on etc. just not on the same scale. Point is, he's a supportive as he can be and I don't care that he knows... Do what you feel comfortable with. My best friends wife if almost 400 lbs, I knew that before he told me...so it's not like he or I don't know she's already a high number. They've been together 18 ish years and she was bigger when they met, if that helps...