How can I get rid of my lower belly fat?

Options
13»

Replies

• wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Garden hose + shop vac = AAAAAAABS!

j/k
  • lowpro1983
    lowpro1983 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    YOU CAN'T SPOT REDUCE!!!! Stop telling people you lost any part of fat by doing an exercise in that area. It confuses them. If you lost weight in that area, you lost it because you created a caloric deficit through eating and/or exercise in general and your genes were PREDISPOSED to move more fat from your stomach than some other area. Just like you might see a lady who is well over weight, but still holds a nice shape, or has a flatter stomach, or better shaped but. Some girls are more jiggly than others in different places. Some have more muscle in other places. Some have bigger boobs. Do you think you can target Boob-fat? If so how? Do more chest work?

AGAIN...LETS REVIEW....

Lower ab work will NOT help you get rid of lower ab fat.
    Same thing with arms.

Now you can do a butt load of ab work so that it burns more calories to help you have a higher caloric deficit. But that would be ill advised.

You just need to keep burning fat. You can't target it. Don't forget that it's harder for females and you guys are BURDENED with the tendency to store belly fat for this crazy little idea of CHILD BIRTH!!! Sorry that a little extra fat isn't in the medias lesson of what's acceptable.

Learn how to squat. Way better exercise than ab work.

^^^^This in my opinion is correct. Squats and some strength training...along with eating clean.^^^^
  • USCEE77
    USCEE77 Posts: 50
    Options
    You CAN spot reduce, it's called Lazer surgery, which sometimes is the only way for women who have sacrificed their bodies to make babies. A 21-30 day cleanse program can also help get rid of that "leaky gut" , read Cleanse www.cleanprogram.com However, in the long run, you have to exercise to burn away those calories, and you have to stop eating McDonald's burgers/fries, chips and Coke, and all the bad stuff that is going straight to your belly, butt and arteries.
  • jaina08
    jaina08 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Do your ab work now, today. When the fat does finally leave, you will have marvelous structure. Everything you do today is a bonus for tomorrow.

Thanks for answering my question, lol! I will start today then and hopefully lose this annoying lower belly fat soon with cardio, clean eating and ab workouts.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    While you can't spot reduce, use protocols that work on lowering body fat %. That would be moderate calorie deficit, strengthening the abs to muscle tone and HIET which is more effective at fat loss than steady state cardio.

http://journals.lww.com/acsm-msse/pages/results.aspx?txtKeywords=40(11) 1863 72

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18845966

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • FunkyTobias
    FunkyTobias Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options
    HIET which is more effective at fat loss than steady state cardio.

No. Intervals burn more per minute, but cannot be sustained for as long nor done as often.

FTA: "Exercise time was adjusted to maintain caloric expenditure (400 kcal·session-1)."

^^This is the fatal flaw^^ Given an exact same per-session caloric burn, high-intensity work burns more post exercise. But low intensity work can be maintained for a longer period per session, resulting in a higher caloric output.
  • scottsteele333
    Options
    I have lost a lot of belly fat by doing intermittent fasting for the past 5 months. Abs are made in the kitchen as well as the weightroom and IF has made that clear to me. I like it because I can eat to get full and still be at a chaloric defecit by the end of the day. I just read a nice article that lays IF out pretty nicely to understand. You should check it out.

stronganddedicated.com