124»

Replies

• melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    biodigit wrote: »
    I use butter every day to fry my eggs.

Taste.So.Good

OMG this poster looks incredible. do what ever he is doing. yowza!
  • wonko221
    wonko221 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    mccindy72 wrote: »
    The only reason I don't use real butter is because I'm lactose intolerant. Otherwise I'd use real butter. Since I can't, I use Smart Balance.

i have taken to cooking almost exclusively with bacon fat, which i save when i cook up chopped bacon, which i sprinkle liberally through my life.

I use bacon fat as a butter replacement while baking.... i didn't believe it would work.. but damned if i ain't a happy camper!
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I am curious of how everyone feels about those "fake" butter tasting spreads (that have a lot of additives that I can't even pronounce ) vs. REAL butter. I have heard that real butter is actually better for you knowing that it is pure ingredients rather than all those fake ones in the spreads. Thoughts ?? What do you use??

I use real butter. It tastes better. It doesn't make things soggy and nasty.
    I grew up using margarine spreads because real butter was going to kill us all and hated that stuff so much.

Use what you prefer.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Real butter! Although I guess most butter found in the US isn't 'real' compared to the good European stuff.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    real butter is one thing I refused to give up. I use less of it.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Real butter! Although I guess most butter found in the US isn't 'real' compared to the good European stuff.

Riihgt.... because we don't have a bazillion dairies here... including the 'Dairy' state, thank you very much. Butter is made from the cream from whole milk - that's pretty real.
  • umayster
    umayster Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

She is right, US butter fanatic here. Our commercial dairy butter is not optimal.

Fake butter not only tastes bad, but is also full of nasty vegatable oils packed full of omega 6 and fatty acids that do damage to your health.
  • WhatLouAte
    WhatLouAte Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I live in France and I eat ALL the butter.
    Margarine is chemical shite...