Dessert ideas for guests- that are still healthy.

Options
2»

Replies

• jillianangus
    jillianangus Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    i also make a chocolate brownie cake (no bake) with peanut butter, hazelnuts, dates, honey, coconut oil and cacao (that's it!) - if you want the recipe let me know, it's always a hit with my family!

Can I please have the recipe Kristen? Sound amazing xxx

• mpat81
    mpat81 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Love the fondue idea! Grilled pineapple is delicious with a small amount of light vanilla ice cream. I have seen tons of recipes for Black bean brownies lately, those might be an option.
  • mpat81
    mpat81 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Also check Pinterest for Desserts that are made with zucchini, lots of those floating around.
  • fidangul
    fidangul Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    oh my God, you people are amazing. I never thought that there could be such a variety of things. I think I'm gonna mix n match a couple of the suggestions depending on what I have or fancy. But I think maybe some sort of fruit and yoghurt (I make my own) topped with something like meringues or nuts... Now I'm spoilt for choice this time my problem is "which one?" Lol.

Oh I also found another idea online: frozen yogurt fruit kebabs.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    dklibert wrote: »
    Try frozen yogurt pie. My family has been making them for years. I use all light ingredients. You can use any fruit you like, any yogurt you like. So good! Just take it out before dinner to thaw a little if you forget serve it with forks instead of spoons. soupspiceeverythingnice.blogspot.com/2014/05/yogurt-pie.html

Yogurt+Pie+3.jpg

Oh YUM.

Check Skinnytaste too. I think I'd make a fruit tart of some sort (graham cracker crust, a layer of lightly sweetened cream cheese, and fresh fruit), or yeah, fruit pizza.
  • cherylm100
    cherylm100 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    How about individual meringue nests either whole or crushed with a dollop of cream (or 0% Greek yogurt which will look the same for those watching the calories) and lots of berries and fruit. You can always add a drizzle of honey if needed. :0)
  • fidangul
    fidangul Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Just to let you guys know... I made a fruit salad cocktail with peaches, strawberries and melon chunks with freshly squeezed orange juice. And to go with that- yoghurt (homemade) mixed in with honey and vanilla.

Not immensely exciting, but tastes surprisingly good. And the yoghurt taste so much like cream its unbelievable.

Everyone's happy.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    bioklutz wrote: »
    I see a lot of people reference these two sites: http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/recipes/ & http://www.skinnytaste.com/2007/07/dessert-recipes.html I haven't tried any of the recipes.

They have the best ideas!
  • Verdenal
    Verdenal Posts: 625 Member
    Options
  • kirstens1984
    kirstens1984 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    i also make a chocolate brownie cake (no bake) with peanut butter, hazelnuts, dates, honey, coconut oil and cacao (that's it!) - if you want the recipe let me know, it's always a hit with my family!

Can I please have the recipe Kristen? Sound amazing xxx

I've just messaged you jillianangus, but in case anyone else wants it the link is:

http://madeleineshaw.com/recipes/raw-chocolate-peanut-butter-brownie-cake-2/
  • loverunbefit
    loverunbefit Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    CHIA PUDDINGS WITH BANANA N'ICE CREAM ALL THE WAY!!!!!
  • salenaii
    salenaii Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    1carton whipping cream whip up to almost firm and a package of any flavor sugar free jello or pudding put in the cream and mix till firm. Separate in to a cup a day and enjoy it's so good you can add fresh fruit also. if you use 2 cartons whipping cream add 2 boxes of jello or pudding.