Interesting Side Effect of Losing Weight

Options

Replies

• ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I've notice that the burden of being shockingly handsome becomes greater with every pound I lose.
  • KittensMaster
    KittensMaster Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    When I finished my ride today, 35 miles and hot and humid, I was soaked with sweat.

Two women were playing around taking pics of each other taking pics of their training progress

I said I want in on that and laughed

Flexed my bicep and laughed.

They actually came over by my car and talked.

Trust me....

That never ever ever happened 100 pounds ago..

And yes it felt great to be in on the fun and talk about the upcoming sprint triathlon and be able to do it no big deal.
  • dawniemate
    dawniemate Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    davis_em wrote: »
    Being cold all the time. The more weight I lost, the colder I got. It's better now that I have had the weight off for a while, but I still find myself on 90+ degree days outside standing in a pool of sun... almost like a reptile trying to soak up some warmth. LOL!

I'm glad its not only me. .
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,567 Member
    Options
    I get blisters and pther little wounds on the back side if my heels because I lost weight underneath my feet. I only list about 40lbs, thus I'm surprise and certainly not amused.
  • yirara
    Options
    And my blood pressure gets really low when I stand up. I almost fainted today and felt myself shaking. Not fun either.
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    About a week ago I tried on a pair of jean shorts which I wore several times last summer, quite comfortably ... and when I walked across the room ... they fell off! :smiley:

[/quote]

A friend of mine's husband lost alot of weight. A few weeks ago he walked out of his bank and his shorts fell down to his feet and he wasn't wearing underwear! I told him that since he was at a bank, it must be on video somewhere!
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    I wish my feet would get smaller. Nope. I've lost 72 pounds and I'm still a 9.5 or a 40.

^^^^This - same size shoe too.

Also, I am trying to get use to people not knowing who I am. I'm always shocked when someone doesn't recognize me because in my mind, I still look the same. I reckon losing over 80 lbs. can make a person unrecognizable. :/
  • KittensMaster
    KittensMaster Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    I wish my feet would get smaller. Nope. I've lost 72 pounds and I'm still a 9.5 or a 40.

^^^^This - same size shoe too.

Also, I am trying to get use to people not knowing who I am. I'm always shocked when someone doesn't recognize me because in my mind, I still look the same. I reckon losing over 80 lbs. can make a person unrecognizable. :/

125 or so pounds lost for me total

I'm used to not being recognized

I kind of like it It feels like closing a door on a past I won't go back to.

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    ncboiler89 wrote: »
    I've notice that the burden of being shockingly handsome becomes greater with every pound I lose.

Oh, I can imagine that :smiley:
  • JordisTSM
    JordisTSM Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Had to buy smaller shoes, and definitely feeling colder this winter (southern hemi). But the most unusual one so far was that I have had vertigo for years, second step on the step ladder has always had me panicking that I would fall off but hung some curtains last weekend and felt completely comfortable higher than what I would have 6 months ago. 73lbs down, 139 still to go, will be interesting to see what other changes happen :smile:
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    You're probably able to stand straighter without the weight. That's great! :D
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I'm really interested in the smaller-sized shoes. That didn't happen for me, so I'd have never guessed! Thanks to all who shared that! :)
  • DeviousMomster
    DeviousMomster Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My feet shrank, I feel cold all the time, and my boobs went up by 3 cup sizes. I still have 39 lbs to go, hopefully they won't grow any more..
  • DeviousMomster
    DeviousMomster Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    yirara wrote: »
    And my blood pressure gets really low when I stand up. I almost fainted today and felt myself shaking. Not fun either.

This. All. the. time.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    If you're getting dizzy when you stand up...if that's happening a lot and it isn't because you're under eating, you should see a doctor. If you're under-eating, eat more.

Dizzy is not a normal weight loss thing.
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Not having to unbutton or unzip my jeans to go potty. (TMI?) Hmm...maybe I should consider getting smaller jeans or a belt. I don't want a wardrobe malfunction.

:lol:

About a week ago I tried on a pair of jean shorts which I wore several times last summer, quite comfortably ... and when I walked across the room ... they fell off! :smiley:

I purchased my wedding dress in January, it fit right off the rack and it was a discontinued style so I bought it right away. I tried it on 3 weeks ago (having lost 32lbs) and when I put my arms up after it had been zipped it slipped right down. I have about 3 inches of extra material already. I am getting married in November! My fiancé said that if I have to buy a new dress he would be happy that it's for such a great reason. (just one more reason to marry that wonderful man xoxo)
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Yes, I definitely seem taller. Or maybe it's the 3-inch heels I've taken to wearing. <3B)<3o:)<3
  • Domicinator
    Domicinator Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    We sat up in the balcony of the church for a funeral today. I think I was the only one not complaining about how hot it was. I was FREEZING.
  • hapa11
    hapa11 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I think I might have collarbones!
  • yirara
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    If you're getting dizzy when you stand up...if that's happening a lot and it isn't because you're under eating, you should see a doctor. If you're under-eating, eat more.

Dizzy is not a normal weight loss thing.

It's a blood pressure thing. I had the same as teenager and young adult ehen I was a similar weight but I forgot about it. No, I eat well, being in maintenance.