Interesting Side Effect of Losing Weight

Options

Replies

• Hipnotika
    Hipnotika Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I have notice now that my lower back doesn't hurt as bad as it used to.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,566 Member
    Options
    I already got bigger when I started working out properly actually, without losing any weight. My posture had always been pretty poor, but with a strong core I'm now 2cm (0.79 inches) taler. Long live strength training.
  • RBracken34
    RBracken34 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    yirara wrote: »
    And my blood pressure gets really low when I stand up. I almost fainted today and felt myself shaking. Not fun either.

I find this fascinating. One of the reasons I started losing was that I was having really weird low blood pressure and low blood volume issues. I was basically told to drink more water, eat more salt, and lose weight. It wasn't until I dropped 20lbs that I started feeling better. No more weird blood pressure issues.

• RBracken34
    RBracken34 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Yes, I definitely seem taller. Or maybe it's the 3-inch heels I've taken to wearing. <3B)<3o:)<3

Yes! I can wear heels again without limping!!
  • yirara
    Options
    RBracken34 wrote: »
    And my blood pressure gets really low when I stand up. I almost fainted today and felt myself shaking. Not fun either.

I find this fascinating. One of the reasons I started losing was that I was having really weird low blood pressure and low blood volume issues. I was basically told to drink more water, eat more salt, and lose weight. It wasn't until I dropped 20lbs that I started feeling better. No more weird blood pressure issues.

Interesting! I stopped having this dizziness once my weight got over around 65kg. When I lost weight and was down to about 65kg the low blood pressure came back.
  • ncfitbit
    ncfitbit Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how interesting this is or if it counts as a side effect, but I notice it's a lot easier to squeeze past people in tight places like in crowded restaurant, for example. Before I felt like I always having to ask people to get up so I could walk by or I would make sure to grab a seat that had a good clearance! Now, I'll sit wherever because I'm not worried about that.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    CaMelo1213 wrote: »

This! I've been doing spine flexes and crunches every night before going to sleep for a year or two, and that, combined with my 30 lb weight loss so far has meant my regular lower back episodes have stopped.
  • catt952
    catt952 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    This! I've been doing spine flexes and crunches every night before going to sleep for a year or two, and that, combined with my 30 lb weight loss so far has meant my regular lower back episodes have stopped.[/quote]

Have you got abs? well.. visible ones?

• Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    edit
  • lauracups
    lauracups Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Actually being comfortable in coach class on a flight!
  • Wiseandcurious
    Wiseandcurious Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    @yirara have you actually measured your blood pressure at a time you felt that way? While it could be that, it sounds a lot more typical of either a) blood circulation issue which many women have, that's not the same as low blood pressure; b) more concerning - low blood sugar level (esp. the shaky feelng). I would get both my blood pressure monitored and my blood sugar checked.
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    CaMelo1213 wrote: »

I think mine hurts more :/ or more specifically, my tailbone. It's agony to stand up when I've been sat for 20 minutes or more... though this has been happening for a few months so I'm starting to wonder if it's less because of having lost weight (less padding around my tailbone) and more because something could actually be wrong. I doubt it's anything to do with age since I'm only 19!
    I also lost a shoe size, thank goodness! It was impossible to find heels in my previous shoe size. I also second being cold. I used to be the one person who NEVER got cold (and I wasn't even very obese at 211lbs) but now I get cold a lot easier. I still hate summer, though ;)
  • bubaluboo
    bubaluboo Posts: 2,098 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    The bony knees thing, my butt is doing different things, I had to relearn how to shave my armpits because the pit is so deep now. I realize how much padding I had because now I walk around banging my hips into things and it hurts.

So I'm not the only one with an armpit problem? I need to find a solution to that! Oh and bruises on hips too...belt feeling uncomfortable but needed to keep trousers up.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,208 Member
    Options
    lauracups wrote: »
    Actually being comfortable in coach class on a flight!

Yes!

I few last August when I was nearing my heaviest weight, and although I fit in the seats, it was a little bit snug and not entirely comfortable.

I wasn't looking forward to our flight last June because I remembered the discomfort ... but 15 kg lost, and what a difference. :)

• Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    feel colder, especially last month, actually bought and wore gloves. gloves to bed etc.

I feel a little taller. Like it seems further down to put a plug in a sink etc

• daniwilford
    daniwilford Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    This was happening to me, but I was on medication and my Doctor lowered my dose. @yirara didn't say if on medication, but if you are and this happens your medication may need to be adjusted.
  • yirara
    Options
    @yirara have you actually measured your blood pressure at a time you felt that way? While it could be that, it sounds a lot more typical of either a) blood circulation issue which many women have, that's not the same as low blood pressure; b) more concerning - low blood sugar level (esp. the shaky feelng). I would get both my blood pressure monitored and my blood sugar checked.

I think it's really blood circulation indeed as it doesn't happen when I lay flat on my belly in front of the laptop and then stand up but it happens when I'm kind of curled up sitting with the laptop on my thighs. I do have a low blood pressure though.
  • yirara
    Options
    This was happening to me, but I was on medication and my Doctor lowered my dose. @yirara didn't say if on medication, but if you are and this happens your medication may need to be adjusted.

Nah, no medication :smile:
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    My feet shrank, I feel cold all the time, and my boobs went up by 3 cup sizes. I still have 39 lbs to go, hopefully they won't grow any more..

Same here. I've changed bra sizes three times, and the cup size goes up each time! I'm starting to have the problem where smaller clothes fit around my waist, but not around my bust! Yikes!
  • DerekVTX
    DerekVTX Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Always cold, even 8 months after losing the bulk of my weight. I think I will always be cold now and thats okay.