Exhaustion after exercise - ideas?

Options
2»

Replies

• pensierobello
    pensierobello Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    scottb81 wrote: »
    If you're running out of energy it's not because of not eating enough protein. It's from not eating enough carbs.

Yeah, there's a reason why people carb load before big races!

• pensierobello
    pensierobello Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    NLMfitness wrote: »
    I can totally relate to this. I'm beginning to get burned out. I think it's lack of calories....bc as I get closer to goal I'm eating less and working harder. It's a tough balance.

I really like protein shakes, bc they fill me up but feel light and refreshing plus pump up the protein. Protein bars are also an option. Greek yogurt is a great choice (about 18g per cup). Cottage cheese is also a good choice. GL.

Totally, when I started it was very different. Feeling quite stalled at the moment.

Think from what you and the others have said that protein shakes are my best bet. Unfortunately I got diagnosed lactose intolerant last year and suffer severe reactions to fermentable carbs so those good sources are out! Will take a look at what I could make.
  • DvlDwnInGA
    DvlDwnInGA Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    If you have been working out for awhile you might need a deload week. Take a week off of doing what you normally do and decrease the time you put in by half. Stay active but give your body a break for a week.

Others here have already covered nutritional needs for you, but I did not see this mentioned. I typically take a deload week on every 11th week I am in the gym, but it differs from routine to routine and person to person.

• Mayor_West
    Mayor_West Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    DavPul wrote: »
    how about a bit less exercise? unless you're an Olympic level athlete you don't need to be doing half of what you're doing

Yup.

• Ironmaiden4life
    Ironmaiden4life Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I appreciate that and it's very true but I think there's a fundamental misunderstanding here. I'm not trying to overdo it to lose weight faster. I'm doing it because it's fun and I enjoy being able to do more and do it better and achieve more exercise things!

Yeah it sounds like you're having a blast what with all the exhaustion you're experiencing. What else do you do for fun... stick pins in your eyes?

OP you NEED to scale back the exercise and eat properly to fuel up prior to working out. At the moment you are on a slippery slope to having some real problems.