Quest Bars?

Options
infitspo
infitspo Posts: 29 Member
I've heard tons and tons over and over again about quest bars, about how amazingly good they are (baked toasted microwaved raw etc etc).
I finally got my hands on some.
I tried the cookies and cream, cookie dough, s'mores and white chocolate raspberry.

They weren't as good as I thought they would be- at all. They weren't bad, but they had such a strong proteiny after taste at the end (which didn't suck) but I didn't really LOVE them.

Is there anyone else out there who didn't really like quest bars or is it just me? (My sister thinks I'm crazy, she loves them).

Replies

• infitspo
    edited August 2015
    Options
    double post-edited.
  • karyabc
    karyabc Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    yeah besides the fact that they currently don't fit in my budget once I got in my hands in them yeahhh it wasn't the big bomb that many describe and I even tried the whole 10 seconds in the microwave.
  • infitspo
    Options
    I feel like there must be something wrong with my taste buds :o
  • karyabc
    Options
    infitspo wrote: »
    I feel like there must be something wrong with my taste buds :o

hahahahaha don't worry you are not alone! and you want to to heat the weirdest thing? my go to granola that I love are from nature valley ; peanut, almond and dark chocolate :D/
  • karyabc
    Options
    hear**
  • _Figgzie_
    _Figgzie_ Posts: 3,506 Member
    Options
    I've been drinking protein shakes for ever and eating protein bars forever and there is nothing on this earth better than a quest bar for a protein pick up.............they are a God send on they keep me on the strict eating path
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    I'm kind of the same way. I can take them or leave them. I'm not super big on sweets so that may be why though.
  • rushfive
    rushfive Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I have never tried one but like you I hear about them all the time.. well, the store had them on sale 10for10, which I don't even know if that is a "sale price"..lol.. I picked up a couple to try, but haven't yet. Good to hear they weren't disgusting just mehhh.

I didn't even think to heat them, I assumed like granola bar, raw.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Yep, I haven't found I like either. Had maybe 4-5 different flavors. The good macros just aren't worth the nastiness for me.
  • Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    Options
    I was told they'd change my life....they didn't :(
    That was the weirdest convo I've ever had. but ya they are ok but I'm not running out and buying them all the time
  • karyabc
    Options
    Yesterday I got one and said to my self ok just give it one more try cause people swear by them, got the cookies and cream bar :s , and no no I'm done , they are just not for me
  • rushfive
    rushfive Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I'm already thinking about just giving them to my sons.... they will eat anything !
  • Steam_Powered_Awesome
    Options
    Not a big fan of them myself
    Chocolate mint is ok
  • Meglep24
    Meglep24 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Gah I hate quest bars. Try muscle pharms combat crunch bars. So much tastier and pretty much the same macros
  • melmelw03
    melmelw03 Posts: 5,332 Member
    Options
    I've never had them either, was curious what all the hype was about. I'm a LaraBar girl. Every day.
  • maeld51
    maeld51 Posts: 3,415 Member
    Options
    The Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough was the one I got hooked on, it is the texture of cookie dough, so it worked for me.
    I did find that eating too many can lead to way too much restroom time!
  • infitspo
    Options
    They don't suck, but they weren't half up to what I expected. I would eat them for the protein if I couldn't find an alternative though.
  • infitspo
    Options
    Meglep24 wrote: »
    Gah I hate quest bars. Try muscle pharms combat crunch bars. So much tastier and pretty much the same macros

Will try them! Any specific flavors?
  • Yogi_warrior
    Yogi_warrior Posts: 5,464 Member
    Options
    i rather eat some meat than fake bars.
  • infitspo
    Options
    i rather eat some meat than fake bars.

True_ but I can't cook. At all. Not proud of it, lol :D