Replies

• HankD50
    HankD50 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    25g of carbs
    20g of protein
    17g of fiber
    1g of sugar.

Of course they don't taste like cookies with m&ms in them but, they are pretty tasty and no other bar can match those numbers.
  • _Figgzie_
    _Figgzie_ Posts: 3,506 Member
    Options
    HankD50 wrote: »
    25g of carbs
    20g of protein
    17g of fiber
    1g of sugar.

Of course they don't taste like cookies with m&ms in them but, they are pretty tasty and no other bar can match those numbers.

anyone looking to add protein to their macros and satisfy a sweet tooth at the same time would say this exact same thing............
  • Meglep24
    Meglep24 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    infitspo wrote: »
    Meglep24 wrote: »
    Gah I hate quest bars. Try muscle pharms combat crunch bars. So much tastier and pretty much the same macros

Will try them! Any specific flavors?

Chocolate brownie and cookies and creme are my favourite.

Although I love them all lol. Peanut butter cup was probably my least favourite
  • bakerkate221
    bakerkate221 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I love Quest bars!

I had an appointment with a dietician a while back, and when I said I use Quest bars to increase my protein intake, he did an Internet search and pulled up the nutrition facts of a Quest bar and a Snickers bar. He intended to show me that protein bars were little more than expensive candy bars. (True for many bars.) Then he actually looked at the macros and said, "Oh." lol
  • Building_Bulk
    Building_Bulk Posts: 20,596 Member
    Options
    The only one I have found that I like so far is the Peanut Buttercups
  • HankD50
    HankD50 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I love Quest bars!

I had an appointment with a dietician a while back, and when I said I use Quest bars to increase my protein intake, he did an Internet search and pulled up the nutrition facts of a Quest bar and a Snickers bar. He intended to show me that protein bars were little more than expensive candy bars. (True for many bars.) Then he actually looked at the macros and said, "Oh." lol

I think this is the point that most people are missing when they don't understand how good these bars really are. They definitely are one of The better tasting bars but nutrition wise they are out of this world compared to every other bar. 17 g of fiber… That's unreal.

Cookies and cream and Smore's are my favorite.
  • petitehealth
    petitehealth Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    My faves are cookies and cream, cinnamon roll, and banana nut. I only eat 1/2 a bar at a time for a snack and it really helps me reach my fiber goals.
  • bakerkate221
    Options

I think this is the point that most people are missing when they don't understand how good these bars really are. They definitely are one of The better tasting bars but nutrition wise they are out of this world compared to every other bar. 17 g of fiber… That's unreal.

Exactly! I've not found a bar that comes close to those macros. Plus I can keep one in my purse without it melting all over the place on a hot day, since it doesn't have a chocolate coating.
  • infitspo
    infitspo Posts: 29 Member
    Options

Exactly! I've not found a bar that comes close to those macros. Plus I can keep one in my purse without it melting all over the place on a hot day, since it doesn't have a chocolate coating.

This actually opened my eyes. Thanks a bunch everyone!
  • JL2513
    JL2513 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I've tried 17 of the 18 flavours. Only one I haven't tried is Mixed Berry. A lot of them, I don't care for. But Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough and Cookies and Cream are definite winners for me. My third favourite would probably be Strawberry Cheesecake or PBJ (Strawberry Cheesecake gets the slight upperhand because of the lower calories and sodium content). Very decadent tasting. Especially when you consider the macros, they're quite delightful.

Mint Chocolate Chunk, Cinnamon Roll, Banana Nut Muffin and Apple Pie are pretty good. The rest are pretty 'blah' to me.

I already have a box of Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough and Cookies and Cream and am looking to get a third box (Strawberry Cheesecake). I eat these as treats. They're like candy bars to me :)
  • selnlou2002
    selnlou2002 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Coconut cashews is the best
  • finny11122
    finny11122 Posts: 8,436 Member
    Options
    The quest for the ultimate quest bar is an ongoing one.
    I have heard tales of secret flavours .
    Some say there is a treasure map leading to a hidden chest of quest bars.
    Rumour says it lies in a hidden valley in the amazon.
  • bakerkate221
    Options
    finny11122 wrote: »

I'll get my adventuring hat!
  • finny11122
    Options

YES! , let the quest begin.
    They will be a book written of our daring adventure some day.
    Some will say it was just a legend, but the empty quest bar wrappers from deep in the amazon, with their magical ingredients will hold the proof for eternity.
  • infitspo
    Options

Some will say it was just a legend, but the empty quest bar wrappers from deep in the amazon, with their magical ingredients will hold the proof for eternity.

Count me in. This rocks
  • finny11122
    Options
    infitspo wrote: »

Count me in. This rocks

cool , indiana jones has nothing on us, hahah
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    I've had a few and they were okay. But, if you're someone who eats protein bars regularly, I can certain see thinking they're little bars of heaven when compared to all the other crappy ones out there.
  • infitspo
    Options
    I actually had one yesterday (cookies and cream) and it didn't taste half as bad as it did the first time. And it def kept me full for a good while. I think I'm gonna buy some.
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,254 Member
    Options
    I like them. Quest chips are great too!
  • worldofalice
    worldofalice Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I baked a s'mores one for 5 minutes this morning and good god...try it. Just try it.