Can I ask a dumb question????

Options
13»

Replies

• LongIsland27itl
    LongIsland27itl Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Maybe, but would one Big Mac and 1.5 donuts satisfy you for a whole day?
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    Alcohol will derail you ... stay off it while you want to lose and use moderation when maintaining. IMHO anyway.

I'm going to Germany and Ireland in 2 weeks and THEN I will give it up! LOL!:laugh: :drinker:

They will kick you out if you don't drink. You don't want to risk cutting your vacation short! :wink: :laugh:

I think they mean they are going to give it up AFTER Germany and Ireland. At least I hope so.

Hahaha Thats what I meant......
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    Alcohol will derail you ... stay off it while you want to lose and use moderation when maintaining. IMHO anyway.

I'm going to Germany and Ireland in 2 weeks and THEN I will give it up! LOL!:laugh: :drinker:

They will kick you out if you don't drink. You don't want to risk cutting your vacation short! :wink: :laugh:

LOL. Yeah, I know!
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    Alcohol is a bit different. Your body will metabolize the alcohol before ANYTHING else. Therefore while you're drinking and your body is metabolizing the alcohol, you won't lose anything and everything in excess will be stored as fat.

^^^This is true, One glass of wine will ruin my day. ( "meatchicken" instead of "Michigan" ?)

I say meatchicken all the time! LOL!
  • stines72
    stines72 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Drinking allows one to go on adventures. Adventures burn calories. It's a fact. In fact, it's Science.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRTJ5Y8eAyc2es5BR1-WhqMApKom_pjAJnCZZHq2uihdpzj2d6f

where did you get that pic of me?! i thought i asked the press not to release it
  • LaviMc
    LaviMc Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Drinking allows one to go on adventures. Adventures burn calories. It's a fact. In fact, it's Science.

FAVOURITE post of today.

Yea... Pretty much! ^THAT! LOL
  • Amerielle
    Amerielle Posts: 153 Member
    Options

You win the internet today! LOL
  • ironmonkeystyle
    ironmonkeystyle Posts: 834 Member
    Options

You win the internet today! LOL

QFT
  • eep223
    eep223 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    There's that guy who ate Twinkies and lost. I think my problem would be that it simply wouldn't be enough food to keep me full! The volume donuts would be nothing compared to all the veg and whole grains, etc, with a similar number of calories. Aside from the obvious nutrition factor, I think it would be hard to NOT eat over on the calories.
  • Brad805
    Brad805 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    That was not a dumb question. Health benefits aside I agree that you can lose fat eating whatever you choose, but I suggest you put 1600cal of fast food (or whatever convenience food items you like) beside 1600cal of more nutrient dense foods like plain potatoes, steamed vegetables, and leaner protein options. Once you have done that look at both and ask yourself which one you think is easier to stay full on? It takes a little more will power to stick to a nutrition plan that is comprised of a lot of the less healthy options. As you get closer and closer to your goal I suspect you will need to either drop the calories or add more exercise. Starting to work on choosing nutrient dense options might prove to be helpful. Even a dumbell like me figured out how to cook those options so they taste ok. Notice I didn't say great? :)

Lower carb plans are just a fancy way to get your calories lower. Most of us get bored eating vegetables, so we naturally end up eating less. Plus they are so low in calories that even if you do sit down and eat a giant serving it really does not lead to much. Low carb works wonderful for me, but many do not like it.

As for the alcohol q, that sounds like you already knew the answer. Empty calories. My adventures seemed to lead to stupid chit anyways, but I am old now. :)
  • Marchandite
    Marchandite Posts: 5 Member
    Options

very true ... .....