How long did it take for someone to notice weight loss?

Options
How much weight did you loose for someone to really notice you lost weight?

Replies

• Nerdybreisawesome
    Nerdybreisawesome Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    No one has noticed on me as of yet but they keep asking if I cut my hair, so they notice something but dont know what it is yet. It is funny.
  • kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I was probably about 40+ lbs in before people felt confident enough to say anything about it. Sometimes it feels like it takes longer for them to notice because people are afraid to say anything. Might be afraid of offending you.
  • Dastillo9
    Dastillo9 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am at about 30 pounds and people just started commenting on it. They say they've noticed but...
  • TracyJo93
    TracyJo93 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Typically about a month for me.
  • fpuckett2383
    fpuckett2383 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    People notice pretty quickly with me because the first place I lose is in my face! I have chubby cheeks and I always slim down on my face first for some reason, so people were noticing after the first ten pounds. If you look at my profile picture it shows my face pretty well.
  • mfpseven
    mfpseven Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    40lbs I got a lot of comments 30 for family
  • BikerGirlElaine
    BikerGirlElaine Posts: 1,631 Member
    Options
    No one's noticed yet except for people who know that I am working on it (close girlfriend, partner, parents). Not a peep from anyone else yet.
  • kevinjb1
    kevinjb1 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I was down about 15 pounds before friends and people at work started commenting. I think people want to be sure you've lost before they will say anything to prevent an awkward situation. Once I confirmed that I had indeed lost weight and was actively trying to lose more the comments and compliments (more importantly) started coming more frequently.

Keep going!
  • CountrygirlforGod
    Options
    I think if I had bought new clothes it would be more noticible but I am still wearing my old clothes they are just way loose on me now,
  • jbirkett7
    jbirkett7 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    People made some comments at about 15 lbs loss, but have been particularly effusive on how "skinny" I am now this week at 20 lbs loss. I too lose in my face first though, so that might be part of it.
  • sylviatx
    sylviatx Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I started at 196 lbs. It took 40 lbs to get comments.

And then a week or two later, the "don't get TOO thin" comments started. Ugh. As if.
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    No one has noticed on me as of yet but they keep asking if I cut my hair, so they notice something but dont know what it is yet. It is funny.

Hahahaha That's pretty funny!!
    At least they are noticing SOMETHING. Even though its not the "right" thing..... :wink:

I haven't lost enough for people to notice. Some people think my jeans look baggier. But since my weight and measurements haven't changed, I just tell them they aren't fresh from the dryer and I have already worn them once. haha
    I'm hoping that soon enough I will have a more noticable loss.
  • shannashannabobana
    shannashannabobana Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Sometimes people notice before I've even lost weight! I'd say depending on how big you are, sometimes as little as 5-10 pounds. I notice for sure in how my clothes fit/pictures etc at 10 pounds.
    I too lose in my face first though, so that might be part of it
    That's a good point, I think I do that too. Someone told me it looked like it last night.
  • worldsbestauntie
    worldsbestauntie Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    No one has said anything to met yet. However, I haven't lost that much (and don't really have that much to loose in the first place) Besides I can guarantee that no one at work will probablly say anything! I work at small office for two men. That's it. It took one of them TWO WEEKS to notice I wasn't wearing glasses and that's only after I asked him if he noticed anything different! Men!!!!
  • theecatt
    theecatt Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I've lost 48 pounds so far, 20 more to go. The comments (outside of people who knew I was trying to lose weight, who I think were just trying to be encouraging) started at 20 pounds.
  • MommaKit79
    MommaKit79 Posts: 852
    Options
    Started for me about 30lbs in. YELP, my mom started with the "don't lose too much more" at 40lbs too. Problem is the same with others, I lose it in my face and I have found certain clothes that hide things will..

I started at 196 lbs. It took 40 lbs to get comments.

And then a week or two later, the "don't get TOO thin" comments started. Ugh. As if.
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    I would say people started noticing at about 25 pounds for me, men at work wouldn't say anything until it was about 40 pounds. The one guy explained it to me as they don't want you to snap back with the "What, was fat before?" or "Did I look bad before" type comment. I told a lot of people when I started, to keep me motivated, it worked for me. I got a lot of support from those people and lots of comments early on.

People I didn't see often asked my brother if I was sick, that was a little scary.
  • BikerGirlElaine
    BikerGirlElaine Posts: 1,631 Member
    Options
    No one has said anything to met yet. However, I haven't lost that much (and don't really have that much to loose in the first place) Besides I can guarantee that no one at work will probablly say anything! I work at small office for two men. That's it. It took one of them TWO WEEKS to notice I wasn't wearing glasses and that's only after I asked him if he noticed anything different! Men!!!!

I've worked for my male boss for 13 years and we get along pretty well. He told me he never comments on any female worker's appearance in any way for fear of harrassment issues.
  • JellyBelly1978
    JellyBelly1978 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    A few people have commented- I'm down about 13 lbs, but I was hoping for more of a reaction LOL
    I'm sure at 20 or 30 it will be a real difference for me.

all depends on how much weight you have to lose and where you lose it first.
  • nolongerXXL
    nolongerXXL Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Almost 60 pounds, down close to three sizes (wearing old clothes that I haven't worn in years, but fit my new size) and nothing yet. :sad:

Maybe one day..... :ohwell:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!