How long did it take for someone to notice weight loss?

Options

Replies

• sunshyncatra
    sunshyncatra Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    People who don't know I'm trying to lose weight have asked about my hair. Friends who know have raved about how "skinny" I am getting. I have some good friends, lol.
  • DAISYMAY72
    DAISYMAY72 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I work with 16 men and no women and at about 23 pounds down, one of the guys asked if I was losing weight. He said that my pants looked baggy (maybe I should do some shopping) and that the other guys had been talking about it but they were too afraid to say something. I think I walked on a cloud the rest of that day :)
  • jadethief
    jadethief Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Today was the first time someone who didn't know I am trying to lose weight commented. I have lost 37 lbs so far.
  • bjune5
    bjune5 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    At 15 lbs I started getting comments. People at work are hesitant to say too much, especially the men. But they will say how nice I look.
    A female co-worker just asked the other day what was I doing to lose the weight.:smile:
    Now that it is warmer, I'm wearing less bulky clothes, and they can really see the changes. And I'm wearing a smaller size.

My husband tells me my waist is shrinking.:wink:

Love it! About to leave work now and hit the gym to keep it up.
  • rougette66
    rougette66 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    a good 6 months for friends im generally around, bf noticed my *kitten* getting smaller instantly lmao
  • teddy1234567
    teddy1234567 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Close family and friends would say i look like i have lost some weight, but they new i was trying to loose weight anyway. I would say it took nearly 30lbs before anyone else said anything.
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0".

My starting weight was 164 lbs, and I started getting comments at about 145 lbs (20ish lbs lost).
  • msqueenofpain
    msqueenofpain Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    at 15 pounds i started getting compliments by close family & close friends. Now 30 pounds everyone else has kind of complimented me too. Although most people are supportive, others don't want to see you succeed so they don't say anything. KEEP AT IT ! DON'T GIVE UP . Every inch and every pound counts. :wink:
  • msqueenofpain
    msqueenofpain Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    it-takes-4-weeks-for-you-to-notice-your-weight-loss-tile_thumb2.jpg?w=237&h=300
    LOVE THIS
  • greenihlonde
    greenihlonde Posts: 337
    Options
    it-takes-4-weeks-for-you-to-notice-your-weight-loss-tile_thumb2.jpg?w=237&h=300
    LOVE THIS

Aw shoot, someone already posted it.

46e37a214fb0bd8bb4ffabf2f8cb3b03_zpsa52c5cdf.jpg
  • slick_fox
    slick_fox Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    At a 5 pound loss I can tell it in my gut. That's where I carry my weight.
  • joannedemarco
    Options
    At 20 lbs I had one chin again.....
  • determined_erin
    determined_erin Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Today in my apartment building, a young woman I see sometimes was in the elevator with me. We were talking, and at one point she said, "Wow, you look so good! Have you lost weight?" :)
  • welshryan
    welshryan Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I wondered about that too. However, I find that the people that see me everyday don't notice because I am losing weight the right way - gradually. Don't get me wrong, I would like to see it all go away in a week, but that ain't happening!

My sister absolutely hates it when people draw attention to her weight loss. She would much prefer no one to mention it and is happy to know she is making it happen.

Good luck everyone!
  • agdyl
    agdyl Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    One of my female coworkers notices if I lose 3-5 lbs. My husband? I've asked - can you tell that I've lost weight? and he gives me that blank look and says "Yeah, you look great" which I'm pretty sure means not really. It took until this past weekend where I'm at about 24-25lbs lost before he looked at me in spandex bike clothes and said "Wow, you really have lost weight!". Heh. I guess the bright side of it is that I know he honestly couldn't care less what I weigh, so I know this is truly something that I do for myself.
  • Megadautilus
    Options
    Back when I first got from 225-185 was when people really started making comments. So that's about 35lbs. My Dad didn't really get comments till he lost about 40lbs but he is a much larger man than I. People probably notice around 20 or so but it's not big enough for them to comment or they aren't 100% if you have or not, so they don't want to come off as disrespectful.
  • LuckyMunky
    LuckyMunky Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    People started noticing around 15 lbs lost. Many people (mostly other mothers) have asked me how I managed to "get back into shape" so quickly after having a baby. FYI, I was NEVER in shape lol!
    I'm very short (5'0") and petite, so extra weight shows up very quickly and obviously on my body. Even a 10 lb loss is visible to friends and family.
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    When I had lost about 18 my coworkers noticed. Then family and other people noticed at about 23 or so pounds lost. I noticed right away. :)
  • blossomnu
    blossomnu Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    7lb down/2.5 weeks (ish), from a couple of guys I work with who didn't know I was trying to lose weight. We're all really close so I think it was knee-jerk comments rather than 'waiting to see if she loses more in case you insult her' like other people mention.
  • BikerGirlElaine
    BikerGirlElaine Posts: 1,631 Member
    Options
    I posted in this thread yesterday saying that no one had noticed yet outside of people whom I had told about it.

Last night we were out and one of my friends noticed!!! I was really thrilled. So... 33 pounds down, or 15% of my starting bodyweight.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!