5'3 and shorter that need to or have lost 30+ lbs

Options
Hello. I'm 5'1 and need to lose 50lbs. My starting weight was 192 after having my second child. In the last month I have lost 11lbs and am still going strong. Eating a very healthy diet, lots of water, and workout 5-6 times a week. I was just curious how your journey is going. Any advice or struggles you have, and extra motivation and support for all us shorties :-). Add me if you'd like so we can help each other through our journey to a happier healthier life :-)

Replies

• QuietStorm74
    QuietStorm74 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Well not I'm shorty but motivation wise I would say the most important thing is set reasonable goals. Long and short term and never lose sight of those goals. Take each day as it comes and don't stress if you still and fall. Get back up and keep moving forward. May sound cliché but it's true. Enjoy the journey. Congrats on your fitness journey so far.
  • laineybz
    laineybz Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"2 and started around 196lbs. Been maintaining for a couple of years around 106lbs. I didn't/havent gone to a gym just watched what i ate and less of it! and did at home DVDs.
  • sweetcherae
    sweetcherae Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    laineybz wrote: »
    I'm 5"2 and started around 196lbs. Been maintaining for a couple of years around 106lbs. I didn't/havent gone to a gym just watched what i ate and less of it! and did at home DVDs.

I'm currently using the T25 workout dvds :-). Thank you this us truly inspirational
  • laineybz
    laineybz Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    laineybz wrote: »

I'm currently using the T25 workout dvds :-). Thank you this us truly inspirational

Good luck! I'm doing Insanity at the moment but i go on holiday and it's my birthday in a few weeks so that'll take a back seat lol.
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Me! I'm 5"2 - I've lost 5kg since being on MFP and about 15kg to go.
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and currently weigh 137. I've lost 7# and am aiming for around 120 (I'll know better once I get down there). I'm eating 1100 calories and am on week 5 of T25. Short people don't get to eat much!!
  • sweetcherae
    Options
    fiddletime wrote: »
    I'm 5'2" and currently weigh 137. I've lost 7# and am aiming for around 120 (I'll know better once I get down there). I'm eating 1100 calories and am on week 5 of T25. Short people don't get to eat much!!

This is great to know. I love t25 :-)
  • dianamty
    dianamty Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0 and I need to lose 30 pounds (14 kgs), I'm just starting but I'm eating 1100 calories and I try to exercise 5 times a week, feel free to add me :)
  • fitjourney_kat
    fitjourney_kat Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and need to lose 40-50lbs. Feel free to add me!
  • sweetcherae
    Options
    It's so great to have you ladies to go through this with :-)
  • sweetcherae
    Options
    Well not I'm shorty but motivation wise I would say the most important thing is set reasonable goals. Long and short term and never lose sight of those goals. Take each day as it comes and don't stress if you still and fall. Get back up and keep moving forward. May sound cliché but it's true. Enjoy the journey. Congrats on your fitness journey so far.

Thank you :-). This is great advice :-)
  • sweetcherae
    Options
    Just out of curiosity where are the areas that you hold most of your weight? I'm really bottom heavy :-/. I've continued to lose up top like my waist, face, and arms, but it seems like my thighs and bottom are budging!
  • BunnieMommie
    BunnieMommie Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and lost 36 lbs (probably less since I had a yummy but bad three days). I've lost it slowly because I realized I'm not in competition with anyone but myself. And also because I know there are times where eating is going to happen and I'm not going to deprive myself of it. Also, I don't go by what MFP tells me to eat. I actually eat more than most of the people in my FL and some of those people are men! I exercise 5-6 days a week and at least 30 to 60 minutes, depending on how I'm feeling or what's going on.

I still have at least 15 more lbs to go. Once I lose these pesky 5-8 lbs I've been losing and re-gaining, I'll see if I need to stick to my goal or not. I'm pretty much a "slow and steady wins the race" type of person.
  • sweetcherae
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and lost 36 lbs (probably less since I had a yummy but bad three days). I've lost it slowly because I realized I'm not in competition with anyone but myself. And also because I know there are times where eating is going to happen and I'm not going to deprive myself of it. Also, I don't go by what MFP tells me to eat. I actually eat more than most of the people in my FL and some of those people are men! I exercise 5-6 days a week and at least 30 to 60 minutes, depending on how I'm feeling or what's going on.

I still have at least 15 more lbs to go. Once I lose these pesky 5-8 lbs I've been losing and re-gaining, I'll see if I need to stick to my goal or not. I'm pretty much a "slow and steady wins the race" type of person.

I need to keep that in mind. That slow weight loss is the best. I've lost 11lbs in 4 weeks. I'm hoping to be down 50lbs by December so within 6 months. Is that too fast? I want to lose and maintain my weight and keep living a healthy lifestyle
  • jcook0716
    jcook0716 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Im 5'1. Started 3/3 at 198, current weight 163. The first two months were a breeze, being strict and on plan came easy with fairly fast results.... This past month and a half or so ive been gaining and losing the same dang 3lbs. Life has been filled with camping trips, family bbqs, birthday etc which i havent been good at staying disciplined. This last week i kicked it back up and notch and trying to get re-motivated. Sounds crazy but i dont see the weight ive lost anymore. ... For a while i started to admire the changes but now i dont see it and feel like i havent made noticeable improvement even though everyone else sees it.
  • sweetcherae
    Options
    jcook0716 wrote: »
    Im 5'1. Started 3/3 at 198, current weight 163. The first two months were a breeze, being strict and on plan came easy with fairly fast results.... This past month and a half or so ive been gaining and losing the same dang 3lbs. Life has been filled with camping trips, family bbqs, birthday etc which i havent been good at staying disciplined. This last week i kicked it back up and notch and trying to get re-motivated. Sounds crazy but i dont see the weight ive lost anymore. ... For a while i started to admire the changes but now i dont see it and feel like i havent made noticeable improvement even though everyone else sees it.

Good job by the way with your weight loss :-). Did you keep up the same routine or did you have to change it up to keep seeing results? It's definitely hard with all the fun events going on during the summer
  • tkphotogirl
    tkphotogirl Posts: 245 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    5'2.5" here - started 2 months ago at 170, currently at 157. Second time round on MFP, had some health issues and a surgery that contributed to gaining back some of what I lost a few years ago, and my head is now in the right place to deal with it. So far I've worked it around two jobs (ft 9-5 and pt unpredictable evening hours) a vacation, a music festival and a wedding. Exercise is a minimum 10,000 steps a day plus sporadic strength training (2-3 times a week on average) and short (<20 minute) runs as and when I can fit them in.
    The key for me is food planning (I eat anything from 1200-1600 most days), researching where to eat if I'm going to be away from home, and pre-logging wherever possible - but most importantly, not stressing over it! Some days I have a good deficit, other days I barely break even but it'll all work out over time.
  • slbale
    slbale Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I am 5' starting at 180.3 middle of March and am down to 147. I've made a lifestyle change, I track my calories and exercise via elliptical or walking and just started with a kettle ball , I don't consider it a diet, and I'm not doing anything that I won't be able to do the rest of my life! i6qf4v49a6e0.jpg
    Before, and where I'm at now pics. oj48uiim99bb.jpg
  • esneer1
    esneer1 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' and have 40lbs to lose if I want to look like my profile picture from 2012! Right now I'm holding most of my weight in my stomach, I think because the last year I really got into drinking IPAs. So for now Im cutting out booze completely and doing a completely lifestyle overhaul- running again, with Couch to 5k and back on MFP.
  • sweetcherae
    Options
    slbale wrote: »
    I am 5' starting at 180.3 middle of March and am down to 147. I've made a lifestyle change, I track my calories and exercise via elliptical or walking and just started with a kettle ball , I don't consider it a diet, and I'm not doing anything that I won't be able to do the rest of my life! i6qf4v49a6e0.jpg
    Before, and where I'm at now pics. oj48uiim99bb.jpg
    Great job! And that's a good point. It's a lifestyle change :-). I have a kettle ball, but still haven't given it a try. Do you like it so far?