5'3 and shorter that need to or have lost 30+ lbs

Options

Replies

• clh72569
    clh72569 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I am 4'11" , 53 year old lady. I started at 150 lbs and am at 113 now with 13 lbs to go.
  • michelkkennedy
    michelkkennedy Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm not short.... I'm fun size. Well, I used to be anyway. I'm working to get back to that 5'1 size 0-4 range at about maybe 115lbs. The last two years I've been closer to 140-150. Topped out at 153 the other day after getting home from two months of vacation. Logged in. Bought a fitbit... looking for fitbit friends. And trying to eat better, move more. Yesterday I bought a ton of good healthy choices at the grocery store after doing some walk/jog laps around the park.
  • AquaFan
    AquaFan Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" and 160. Want to be 125. I'm starting to run again and want to get back to doing my Jillian DVD's. I broke my arm in multiple places in November and had to have a plate and screws put in so I'm just now able to start trying to do push-ups etc with it again.
  • AquaFan
    AquaFan Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Oh and I'm also tracking my daily steps using my Fitbit. Anyone who wants to add me, please feel free. //www.fitbit.com/user/2Y2RD5
  • brittanyhiatte
    brittanyhiatte Posts: 40 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I am 5'2" and lost a total of 21.2 lbs and still have a little over ten to go! Its been hard but no matter what i don't regret anything,. the way i look at it is that every day will pass either you work out or not so do you want to see results in 2 weeks or still be in the same mind set. I have found that abs are made in the kitchen it is easier to eat less/better to lose the weight and best to workout to maintain the weight! Feel free to friend request me!

started at 155 and goal is 115 (now 133.8)
  • jaga13
    jaga13 Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    4'11. Lost 31 lbs. About 10 more to go. I use a food scale and track my food as accurately as I can. I've always went with MFP's calorie recommendations for a .5 lb weekly loss and it works. I also find SOME way to exercise every single day, even if it's a short workout or simply taking extra steps throughout the day: this earns me more food and makes me happier.
  • nekoface
    nekoface Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2. I've lost about 16lbs, halfway through my 30lbs goal. I workout 5-6 x a week too. I find working out helps me eat a reasonable amount of food including social eating etc.
  • michelkkennedy
    michelkkennedy Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    AquaFan wrote: »
    Oh and I'm also tracking my daily steps using my Fitbit. Anyone who wants to add me, please feel free. //www.fitbit.com/user/2Y2RD5

I'm looking for friends there too. But I can only see where you add people by email address. How do I add someone using the user I like you've given?
  • sweetcherae
    sweetcherae Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    clh72569 wrote: »
    I am 4'11" , 53 year old lady. I started at 150 lbs and am at 113 now with 13 lbs to go.
    Amazing!!! What did you do to help you lose the weight?
  • CassieR6
    CassieR6 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I am 5'3 with about 50lbs to loose. Feel free to add me if you want you. :smile:
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Just out of curiosity where are the areas that you hold most of your weight? I'm really bottom heavy :-/. I've continued to lose up top like my waist, face, and arms, but it seems like my thighs and bottom are budging!
    Yes! I'm 5' 3" and have lost over 40 lbs, and it's been crazy how the fat has come off: fingers, neck. chest, legs, even wrists; the fat loss around my stomach and butt has been very slow-going. I look like a deflated balloon on two popsicle sticks right now, but now that there's little left elsewhere, the fat around my middle is whittling away. Just hang in there!
  • sweetcherae
    sweetcherae Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    oocdc2 wrote: »
    Just out of curiosity where are the areas that you hold most of your weight? I'm really bottom heavy :-/. I've continued to lose up top like my waist, face, and arms, but it seems like my thighs and bottom are budging!
    Yes! I'm 5' 3" and have lost over 40 lbs, and it's been crazy how the fat has come off: fingers, neck. chest, legs, even wrists; the fat loss around my stomach and butt has been very slow-going. I look like a deflated balloon on two popsicle sticks right now, but now that there's little left elsewhere, the fat around my middle is whittling away. Just hang in there!
    Thank you :-). This is good to know. You had me giggling about the deflated balloon. I can totally relate :-)
  • christalm2014
    christalm2014 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Me! I just re started again... I am 5ft 2 and need to lose about 60-70lbs I started at 216lbs and am curently at 191.9 have a hard time staying motivated..I could use help and am here to help anyone else! Add me!
  • madcat444
    madcat444 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm 157 (5'2") and have lost, on and off, the 30lbs......I am typical yo-yo I'm afraid in that I go down then go on holiday and throw myself straight off the wagon and it varies on the length of time it takes for me to get back on it. On it right now and ever hopeful I'll manage to stay clinging to it on while in Italy in September then a cruise in October - damage limitation will no doubt come into play! :D
  • Mahogany_Bee
    Mahogany_Bee Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm 5'2.5" I'm currently at 167.2lbs I'm trying to get to my first goal weight of 141 lbs but I'd like to get to between 115-120lbs as my ultimate goals. I'm currently doing at home workouts and using T-25. I'd really love to help with motivation and I know I need a bit of motivation myself. What really helped me when I first started out my weightloss was eating healthier but still having 1 cheat meal out of the week, and going for 1 hour walks a day. I also cut out fried foods, and white breads, and the weight started melting off me. While on this journey the highest I've been was between 195 - 200lbs and the lowest was 150lbs.
  • fortytillfabulous
    fortytillfabulous Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and started at 170 after giving birth 2 years ago. Didn't really start trying to lose weight until Nov 2014. Lost 20 lbs from then until March then gained some and started again 3 weeks ago. I'm at 149 with a goal weight of 135. That was pre-pregnancy, not sure if anything under 135 is manageable for me. Right now I'm eating <1000 calories a day and I'm walking and riding my bike for exercise. Best of luck to all of you!
  • BrittanyGQ
    BrittanyGQ Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    5'2.5", 27 years old, started at my heaviest 175 about 4 years ago...lowest weight at 148 ~2 years ago but am currently at 165. Got an awful habit of yo-yoing up and down the same damn 20 pounds! I have to work soo hard to lose any weight!! But my goal is 135 or lower, hopefully before I turn 30. My downfall is FOOD (and booze). Everyone feel free to add me!
  • serendil
    serendil Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I'm 5'3, aiming to lose about 30 lbs from 145. I got myself down to 118 in early 2014, then life just sorta got me down and now I'm back up here. Would love some buddies to help keep me motivated :)
  • kte120
    kte120 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi All! I'm 5'2 and 164 - would like to get to 112. Have always been losing or gaining ( more gaining obviously!). Now ready to do it the right way after years of fad diets - I'm a sucker for every new miracle cure! I'm ready to make a permanent change but struggle with slow results. Those of you who have been maintaining- how long did it take you to get to goal? I need some motivation to be realistic and truly accept 'slow and steady'
  • learningtolove
    learningtolove Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I'm a 23 year old single mom to a 2 1/2 year old, I'm 5'3"
    In the past I lost over 30 lbs with myfitnesspal, and after having my son dropped 40 lbs of baby weight in 4 months with mfp help.
    Now I'm back with 10-15 to lose.
    Feel free to add me with a message!