True Confessions - Don't Judge

Options

Replies

• Fat_Fighter87
    Fat_Fighter87 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I confess that I met my other half on Tinder..

Also I am addicted to Love Island...

Also I have a HUGE crush on Idris Elba
  • CaptainFantastic01
    CaptainFantastic01 Posts: 9,557 Member
    Options
    I confess that I met my other half on Tinder..

Also I am addicted to Love Island...

Also I have a HUGE crush on Idris Elba

Christ me too
  • mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
    Options
    MrSith wrote: »
    I confess I lost my mind and soul in my work.

I found em by my house...you want me to return those lil rascles.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I confess I don't feel like I am good enough to go to school to be a graphic design .

did you make your picture, cuz I think it looks pretty good

also, part of the reason to go to school is to get better! you will do great!
  • ChaelAZ
    ChaelAZ Posts: 2,240 Member
    Options
    I confess I don't feel like I am good enough to go to school to be a graphic design .

You are good enough. If a tech geek/nerd like me can pull it off, you can.
  • kroe4
    kroe4 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I confess, I don't cook. I don't know how. If it's not something you simply heat up in the oven or something basic like spaghetti/tacos. I don't make it. (and by spaghetti I mean boil the noodles and dump some preggo on top) I need to take a home ec. class.
  • ChaelAZ
    Options
    I REALLY like a full figure.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    hotmod wrote: »
    IC my coworkers are all wondering why I am beet red over here.

Thanks guys :grimace:

Who is this!
  • ChaelAZ
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    hotmod wrote: »
    IC my coworkers are all wondering why I am beet red over here.

Thanks guys :grimace:

Who is this!

New phone?
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    It’s ironic that though this is a fitness site, it has a way of making me feel terrible about myself

Okay that’s probably not ironic. I have absolutely no idea what ironic really means. There’s always some punk nearby to tell me “that’s not ironic, that’s a coincidence”. DON’T TELL ME HOW I FEEL, TODD
  • cee134
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    It’s ironic that though this is a fitness site, it has a way of making me feel terrible about myself

Okay that’s probably not ironic. I have absolutely no idea what ironic really means. There’s always some punk nearby to tell me “that’s not ironic, that’s a coincidence”. DON’T TELL ME HOW I FEEL, TODD

i·ron·ic
    adjective
    using or characterized by irony.
  • cee134
    edited June 2018
    Options

i·ron·ic
    adjective

It's ironic that your definition of ironic was entirely unhelpful

That's a coincidence!

I just assume what I think is ironic is wrong.
  • caco_ethes
    Options

i·ron·ic
    adjective

That’s what I was going to say but wasn’t sure if it was actually irony :sweat_smile:
  • cee134
    Options
    Common Examples of Situational Irony
    • The police station gets robbed. Again, the expectation is that professional crime fighters would be able to help themselves; in this case, by securing their own station.
    • A post on Facebook complaining how useless Facebook is. This is ironic because one would expect someone who dislikes Facebook to stay away from it instead of using it to make their point.
    • A traffic cop gets his license suspended because of unpaid parking tickets. Because the traffic cop is usually the one issuing tickets, most people would assume he always followed the rules.
    • A pilot has a fear of heights. This situation is ironic because airplane pilots spend most of their time at work high in the air.
    • A member of PETA wears leather shoes. Because PETA members work to protect animal rights, one would assume they would avoid products made form animal skins.
    • The teacher fails the test. Teachers are usually the ones giving tests rather than taking them, so most people assume they would be expert at passing tests.
  • cee134
    Options
    Examples of Situational Irony in Literature
    • Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare - “O my love, my wife! Death, that hath sucked the honey of thy breath, Hath had no power yet upon thy beauty.” Romeo finds Juliet drugged and assumes she is dead. He kills himself but then she awakens, sees that he is dead and kills herself. This is ironic because both lovers killed themselves over a mistaken assumption, leading to a tragic outcome instead of the happy ending the lovers expected.
    • Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury - In this book the firemen set books on fire rather than put out fires. The book has been on the top 100 list of banned books in America, which is ironic because the novel is about the dangers of book burning and censorship in society.
    • The Gift of the Magi by O. Henry - In this story, the wife cuts her long hair and sells it to have the money to buy her husband a pocket watch chain. He sells his watch to buy her a hair accessory, leaving both with a useless gift, which was not what they expected for their efforts.
  • cee134
    Options
    • The police station gets robbed. Again, the expectation is that professional crime fighters would be able to help themselves; in this case, by securing their own station.
    • A post on Facebook complaining how useless Facebook is. This is ironic because one would expect someone who dislikes Facebook to stay away from it instead of using it to make their point.
    • A traffic cop gets his license suspended because of unpaid parking tickets. Because the traffic cop is usually the one issuing tickets, most people would assume he always followed the rules.
    • A pilot has a fear of heights. This situation is ironic because airplane pilots spend most of their time at work high in the air.
    • A member of PETA wears leather shoes. Because PETA members work to protect animal rights, one would assume they would avoid products made form animal skins.
    • The teacher fails the test. Teachers are usually the ones giving tests rather than taking them, so most people assume they would be expert at passing tests.

Then a definition that doesn't actually explain the meaning of something would fit, wouldn't it?

I need more coffee.

See edit. Also see joke above it. B)
  • cee134
    Options
    In the episode of Friends where the friends go to London for Ross and Emily’s wedding, Chandler says, "I'm so glad we're having this rehearsal dinner. You know, I so rarely get to practice my meals before I eat them."
  • caco_ethes
    Options

Ironically, these are all examples of hypocrisy
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options

i·ron·ic
    adjective

That's a coincidence!

4rvj653cto35.png

Math is so Hard!