True Confessions - Don't Judge

Options

Replies

• trinty425
    trinty425 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time asking people for help when I want it (and even when I need it). Then later feel angry/hurt/disappointed when no one helped me or offered to help me. (Example: I'm working on painting the trim and doors in a house we recently moved into....my husband, brother, and 2 children just walk around / over me and never help or offer to help.)
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options
    I confess I just signed my first born up for drivers ed, and I sobbed like a baby for 35 minutes. . .
  • Shyness40
    Shyness40 Posts: 3,430 Member
    Options
    I confess I just signed my first born up for drivers ed, and I sobbed like a baby for 35 minutes. . .

*hugs* Mine is 9, but I can't imagine. Time sure does fly.
  • wilsoncl6
    wilsoncl6 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    trinty425 wrote: »
    I have a hard time asking people for help when I want it (and even when I need it). Then later feel angry/hurt/disappointed when no one helped me or offered to help me. (Example: I'm working on painting the trim and doors in a house we recently moved into....my husband, brother, and 2 children just walk around / over me and never help or offer to help.)

Sounds a little passive aggressive to me but who am I to judge. I'm nobody.
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options

Ask for what you want, men can't take hints. Subtle hints don't work, strong hints don't work, obvious hints don't work. In fact, don't even ask, just TELL him what you want.

• Shyness40
    Options
    J_Surita3 wrote: »
    Shyness40 wrote: »

Ask for what you want, men can't take hints. Subtle hints don't work, strong hints don't work, obvious hints don't work. In fact, don't even ask, just TELL him what you want.

Yeah, but if her husband is like mine, you will tell him what you want and then get to hear him b**ch about doing it so sometimes it's better just to do it yourself unless you're looking to hear the whining.

Punch him in the throat B) lol

I like you're way of thinking. LOL
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Options

Yeah, but if her husband is like mine, you will tell him what you want and then get to hear him b**ch about doing it so sometimes it's better just to do it yourself unless you're looking to hear the whining.

Pffft. Men are all sensitive and caring and helpful. your cues must suck! :wink:
  • Just_J_Now
    Options

lol, no but in all honesty, even if they whine and complain, too bad. Get it done dude. I'll take care of you later. It's better then ME whining and complaining that I get no help when I haven't even asked for any. Of course I should NOT have to ask but whatever works. Oh and wear earplugs block his whineyass out. :p
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    My wife cleans the upstairs. I clean the downstairs. My wife is OCD. Notices anything out of place. So, sometimes when I don't feel like a thorough cleaning, I'll pull a chair a little out of place where the vacuum plugs in. When she sees the chair out of place (and moves it back) she assumes I vacuumed.

But she doesn't notice the lack of vacuum tracks?

I still vacuum, just not as thoroughly as she does. I make sure I get right in front of the couch and places she will see, but I don't go in the weight room or on the other side of the pool table.

• wilsoncl6
    Options

lol, no but in all honesty, even if they whine and complain, too bad. Get it done dude. I'll take care of you later. It's better then ME whining and complaining that I get no help when I haven't even asked for any. Of course I should NOT have to ask but whatever works. Oh and wear earplugs block his whineyass out. :p

LOL, you'd be like living with my Mother. What if he doesn't feel that what you want to get done needs to be done or done in the time frame that you think it should be?
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Options
    wilsoncl6 wrote: »

LOL, you'd be like living with my Mother. What if he doesn't feel that what you want to get done needs to be done or done in the time frame that you think it should be?

hahahahaha....silly..your assuming your opinion matters....thats cute.
  • wilsoncl6
    Options
    Maybe that's why I'm single, because my opinion should matter. Maybe I'm just naïve.
  • wmccarter33
    wmccarter33 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    jh5377 wrote: »
    I confess my husband and i are swinging with our friends most weekends and absolutely
    Loving it! All first time for us all

Where do you live
  • Just_J_Now
    Options

It doesn't matter what he feels (in this circumstance of course). What matters is what I want done PERIOD. B)
    Tomk652015 wrote: »

EXACTLY!
  • Shyness40
    Options

It doesn't matter what he feels (in this circumstance of course). What matters is what I want done PERIOD. B)
    Tomk652015 wrote: »

EXACTLY!

The way I think about it is...I don't want anyone to do anything for me that they don't want to do so if I have to ask and hear you fuss I'd rather just do it myself. That's just me though. I want someone to do something for me because they want to, not because they feel like they have to.
  • CupcakesMom2
    CupcakesMom2 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I have eaten cream cheese by the spoonful and wanted more.