Options

Replies

• angelxsss
    angelxsss Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    angelxsss wrote: »
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    I confess the selfie thread makes me jealous.

Too many gorgeous girls in there, including you. I stay away for my mental health

Too many gorgeous girls in there, including you. I stay away for my mental health

As do I. I always feel worse after being in there. I rarely enter anymore.

I don't mean any offense to anybody at all, but it's sort of like a clubhouse in there. If you're not one of a handful of people, nobody pays that much attention to you

You're beautiful and funny. *kitten* what anyone else thinks.

but most importantly just care what I think.

Duh
  • angelxsss
    angelxsss Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options

no body lies in here about this kind of stuff!!! milk it for as long as you can!! :)

In all seriousness, you have nothing to worry about posting that beutiful face in the selfie thread.. You've got it, flaunt it and wear it proud!
  • giovanna8830
    giovanna8830 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Love at first sight after 11 Years
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    nolan44219 wrote: »

you are very good looking women and should be blowing up that thread with selfies!!!

<3 thank you but you have to say that cuz you are one of my best friends here and I pay you to like me.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    mizcandice wrote: »
    I just ate some dark chocolate drizzle carmel popcorn... totally not width it

Someone gave me a large raspberry dark chocolate Ghirardelli bar. First thing I did was look at how many calories it would be to eat the whole thing.
  • abrubru
    abrubru Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I made my Environmental Science class pick chocolate chips out of cookies with toothpicks for the sake of science today... >:) And then they had to put the cookies back together. bwahahaha...
  • nolan44219
    nolan44219 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options

you are very good looking women and should be blowing up that thread with selfies!!!

<3 thank you but you have to say that cuz you are one of my best friends here and I pay you to like me.

Ha! You can compensate me in naked selfies
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    confession: I often want more in the bedroom than my husband is interested in giving, or doing as often. :( sometimes I wish I was in my young 20s again and slutting around. J/k! kinda.

Man, I would love to help you but I'm not that great in bed. I mean, aside the tongue thing and judicious use of toys...
  • nolan44219
    Options

Look darling, I'm 40 years old, I'm beaten and battered, I've got crows feet, I've got gray roots, I've got the skin of a pubescent teenager. It's intimidating throwing my pic up with the likes of @happilymegan @LL5lifts and the rest of those bombshells but this is what I got to work with. So I do. And being confident is just as beautiful as being beautiful.

Pffft you're hottie mchotterton
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    LL5lifts wrote: »

hey you don't pay me and I think you are a hottttttttie!!

<3 back at ya!
  • nolan44219
    Options

hey you don't pay me and I think you are a hottttttttie!!

I have super sexy *kitten* names I say to myself over your selfies. I'll tell them to you one day when I get my courage up or maybe after a couple glasses of bourbon
  • DBrooks1979
    DBrooks1979 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I confess I am ready to get started with schooling but there keeps seeming to be hold up that are preventing me from getting started and its get frustrating....

I confess I love the banter in here and love the selfies.... just wish I could upload one into the selfie thread thru the app on my phone.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »

I don't mean any offense to anybody at all, but it's sort of like a clubhouse in there. If you're not one of a handful of people, nobody pays that much attention to you

and this is a good point too. i feel out of place in there forget how terrible looking I am..lol

I first started to post selfies as a kind of therapy. I am pretty much invisible at home unless its "MAMA...get me that, I need this, we're gonna be late!". I don't post for the validation of strangers. I mostly post because I want my friends to see me so people know I exist and to say hey, this is me, this is the lulu who makes those posts you read, take it or leave it. On a different level, at home for family pics, I started to take selfies of myself when I realized there were never any pictures of me...because I was always the one taking the pictures of everyone else. And the pics of me I did have were when I looked AWFUL like on Christmas morning in my pajamas and thats it. I figured that when I die I want my kids to have some pics to look back at on me at least. So now I still take the pics but I'll always take a selfie and I'll try to get selfies with the kids too. Plus they have phones with cameras now that they are older and they take pics that I am in...so I don't take as many selfies at family functions anymore. People might have thought it was weird but I don't *kitten* care. I had the same conversation with my friends about the selfie threads as you guys are having. Same doubts. Had to overcome the fear and insecurity. I just did it. I know a lot of people will read this and think its weird...think "whats the big *kitten* deal? Its just a stupid selfie!" But I understand. Been there. Now I post anyways. Mostly on sunny days when I look best. ;)

I confess that I am crying after reading this..there is not a whole lot I can do about my face, about the past I led to get me to the wrinkles and hard miles I put on my body and my face. I confessed about this many many weeks ago (about scare to post a selfie) as this was a way for me to get out of my box and just do it. And I did and it felt great for a couple of days.

I then started taking random selfies at home (my husband laughed me many times not understanding what I was doing) so I could post another one. I hated them all. The lighting shows imperfections in my face, perhaps my smile was not what I wanted, etc.. etc.. then I did the comparison selfie thing and I just got down right depressed about it and stopped.

It is prolly about a little validation, so I should be honest about that. Please do not judge me in this regard, I have two grown daughters, I have had personal issues up until 3 years ago and I am now a menopausal woman.. and well I think all that shows. And I want it to be all gone and not show anymore..

I love seeing yours and the others beautiful faces, some serious, some are just funny that show your personality, perhaps your mood and well they show you! They are all awesome

I am a little embarrassed about this, and I have to say that right now with tears running down my face I am a bit ashamed that I am missing something. I need to work on this.

Thanks @LL5lifts for this. I truly admire what you wrote and you are just awesome in my book!