True Confessions - Don't Judge

Options

Replies

• JeanieWww
    JeanieWww Posts: 4,037 Member
    Options
    My Mother died of Cancer less than a year ago. I know how you feel.
  • Romine89
    Romine89 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I confess I starved myself all day to drink 5 beers and eat Chinese :p
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    _dixiana_ wrote: »
    I confess that a good cry is sometimes the best medicine.

wow.

As a guy, I don't cry.

Today I lost it.

I mean completely lost it. (premature death of one of the best people I've ever had the honor to know.)

I left my office, sat in my car an sobbed for ten minutes. Her loss to me is unfathomable.

Nobody knew I cried. (except now everyone reading this; I don't care.)

cancer; *kitten* cancer.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm sure she's in good hands now watching over you. We may not see them but our deceased loved ones will NEVER leave us & will always be there for us. Sharing this to you based on my real life experience with my brother who died 4 years ago but whenever I need someone to lift up my spirits, guide me when I'm out biking in dangerous busy streets or when I'm sad, I can sense he's there with me.

How I wish I can go there and give you a hug right now.
  • Romine89
    Romine89 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Just calm down and lighten up people please no offense
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    _dixiana_ wrote: »
    I confess that a good cry is sometimes the best medicine.

wow.

As a guy, I don't cry.

Today I lost it.

I mean completely lost it. (premature death of one of the best people I've ever had the honor to know.)

I left my office, sat in my car an sobbed for ten minutes. Her loss to me is unfathomable.

Nobody knew I cried. (except now everyone reading this; I don't care.)

cancer; *kitten* cancer.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm sure she's in good hands now watching over you. We may not see them but our deceased loved ones will NEVER leave us & will always be there for us. Sharing this to you based on my real life experience with my brother who died 4 years ago but whenever I need someone to lift up my spirits, guide me when I'm out biking in dangerous busy streets or when I'm sad, I can sense he's there with me.

How I wish I can go there and give you a hug right now.

thanks, I appreciate it... and to all above who posted too; thank you.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Im not really hungry but Im eating a bag of popcorn anyway ..
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    LL5lifts wrote: »
    I cry often. Sometimes all it takes is a sad song on the radio. I tell my kids...don't worry I'm just relieving stress. I will feel better in a little bit. These cries aren't loud and sobbing though, just quiet tears. Im pretty sure its just my bodies way of relieving stress.

I don't cry too often anymore but sometimes I will just zone out and stare out a window, or at a corner of the room. The kids think I'm weird but really I'm just dying a little bit inside and trying to hold it in.

There used to be an ad here, way long ago of a kid at a window and she said "I like when it rains because then no one can see me cry"

I confess these confessions are making me think of this ad
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    I confess this thread is making me teary eyed. lol... just kidding not really.
  • JLAJ81
    JLAJ81 Posts: 2,477 Member
    Options
    I cry often. Sometimes all it takes is a sad song on the radio. I tell my kids...don't worry I'm just relieving stress. I will feel better in a little bit. These cries aren't loud and sobbing though, just quiet tears. Im pretty sure its just my bodies way of relieving stress.

I don't cry too often anymore but sometimes I will just zone out and stare out a window, or at a corner of the room. The kids think I'm weird but really I'm just dying a little bit inside and trying to hold it in.

:( I'm sorry. Come here I'll make you feel a little bit alive inside
  • JLAJ81
    JLAJ81 Posts: 2,477 Member
    Options

I used to be really bad about not letting any emotion out. 6 months ago something happened that changed my life and I can't control my emotions anymore. I've been forcing myself lately to keep those emotions in check because I need to keep it together for everyone else. I'm afraid if I let them out once I won't be able to keep it together anymore.
  • sw33tp3a1
    sw33tp3a1 Posts: 5,065 Member
    Options

My kids think I'm weird too.

• Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    I'm ultra sensitive and I cry very easily. If it's over stuff like a sappy movie or tv show, I actually enjoy a good cry. If it's for real life stuff, I HATE it. I don't try to control it anymore like I used to because it only makes it worse for me. So I cry if I have to. *shrugs* I also hate when people say "you're crying over THAT?" completely diminishing what I'm feeling. I used to get that from ex-husband a lot.
  • Riffraft1960
    Riffraft1960 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    FeraFilia wrote: »
    FeraFilia wrote: »
    I confess I'm ready to just give up. On everything. First a nasty rumor and then the insult tonight. I'm so over it.

Apparently, caring about my health and my appearance is enough to make cranky old ladies tell people I'm trying to "trade up"... And then, I was just starting to think I looked okay today, and instead I'm told that I'm "starting to look like a woman with loose morals."

I hate this so much. :(

Tell those old heifers God doesn't like busy bodies and you'll pray for them.

I smiled and channeled my snarky southern mama and said "well bless your heart... I think I look nice, it's a shame you don't agree." Then came home, made sure my son was okay, and cried for 10 minutes.

Having been both a PK and a Pastor, I have found about the only thing you can do it just smile and move on. Unless your husband is willing to "rock" the boat with these ladies, it will just keep going. In some churches the pastor has enough "power" to gently put these ladies in their place, but in others, you have to endure it.

I know that my father (and I tried to do the same) made sure that the church knew that he was "the pastor" and not his wife and as such should be treated with the same attitude and expectations as any other regular member of the church. She was not to be put on a pedestal nor was she to be treated like a servant.
  • angelxsss
    angelxsss Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    My boss has gotten onto me 2 days in a row not for not knowing how to do stuff that's not my job. I hate it but I guess I need to learn it somehow.