Why am I not losing weight when I seem to be doing everything right??

Options

Replies

• bratterz_xoxo
    bratterz_xoxo Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    hrtchoco wrote: »
    A lot times a new work out routine make us retain water. DH didn't lose any weight in 2/3 weeks (logging everything, using a food scale), then he dropped 5lbs in a few days and has been dropping steady since. I'm not saying that's what is happening to you, but it does happen.

Here is one of the reasons I always use a food scale: I was making rice, on the package it says one serving=1/4 cup (46g, dry) , I weighted out 1 cup, it was like 230 g. So for those calorie dense food, we should be very careful. If you really don't feel like using it, simply only eat half of your exercise calories back and see. If that doesn't work, cut 100 more (ofc, give it some time in between).

Also, I would suggest adding some stength training to preserve your muscle (unless I missed it in your post).

Thanks for letting me know about that! It's made me a little more hopeful at least!

thank you for the advice, it just proves it's not always what it says it'll be then! And I'll definitely carry on with the weight training :D
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    jkal1979 wrote: »
    Mr_Knight wrote: »
    ]So I have a right to get defensive because there's no need to be rude.

But you're the one being rude...

no, I'm not being rude actually, read all the rest of the posts. I've said thank you to multiple people and some of which I haven't said thank you too because they are being rude, i know what to do now. So why bring it all up again? it's getting ridiculous. there was no need to say that. If you have nothing nice to say, don't say it at all :D

So what did I say that was so rude?

I wasn't aiming it at you? :/ what on earth?

You said that you said "thank you" to multiple people and that you didn't say "thank you" to those who were being rude.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options

no, I'm not being rude actually, read all the rest of the posts. I've said thank you to multiple people and some of which I haven't said thank you too because they are being rude, i know what to do now. So why bring it all up again? it's getting ridiculous. there was no need to say that. If you have nothing nice to say, don't say it at all :D

So what happened to...

...not responding to any of you now...
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options

I gave advice and you didn't acknowledge it. You said you didn't thank people who were being rude. So either you thought my advice was rude or by that point you are more interested in arguing.

Good luck.
  • bratterz_xoxo
    Options

I gave advice and you didn't acknowledge it. You said you didn't thank people who were being rude. So either you thought my advice was rude or by that point you are more interested in arguing.

Good luck.

I'm not arguing with anyone, but I didn't see you gave any advice sorry, so many people are commenting and I went out anyways, and came back to this. So I didn't know.
  • bratterz_xoxo
    Options

You said that you said "thank you" to multiple people and that you didn't say "thank you" to those who were being rude.

I obviously don't mean everyone, i'm clearly going to miss some posts if needless comments are put on here.
  • dahhhhhling
    dahhhhhling Posts: 66 Member
    Options

It looks like anyone who has a different opinion, or anyone who points out that no one was rude, is in fact rude in the eyes of the OP.

Again, no one was rude. The OP is projecting.
  • janejellyroll
    Options

I obviously don't mean everyone, i'm clearly going to miss some posts if needless comments are put on here.

I don't think it was obvious at all that you didn't mean that, but I appreciate the clarification. If you think the comments in response to your request for help are "needless," maybe you should just exit the thread.
  • bratterz_xoxo
    Options
    I'm fed up of people commenting on here needlessly. Just stop it, if it has nothing to do with what I asked, then it's greatly appreciated to take your opinions elsewhere. Because it's ridiculous.

Thanks.
  • janejellyroll
    Options
    I'm fed up of people commenting on here needlessly. Just stop it, if it has nothing to do with what I asked, then it's greatly appreciated to take your opinions elsewhere. Because it's ridiculous.

Thanks.

This is a public forum. OPs can't limit what people post in response to threads. If you dislike comments, I suggest just ignoring them.
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options

Good luck.

I'm not arguing with anyone, but I didn't see you gave any advice sorry, so many people are commenting and I went out anyways, and came back to this. So I didn't know.

You were actively posting at the time and I don't know how you missed a post with a video embedded into it, but hey, I learned my lesson. Don't waste time digging up "needless" information and going into detail about what people are trying to tell an OP.
  • bratterz_xoxo
    Options

I don't think it was obvious at all that you didn't mean that, but I appreciate the clarification. If you think the comments in response to your request for help are "needless," maybe you should just exit the thread.

I've tried to delete it, but I googled and it said that you can't, hence why I've done nothing about it, so if i could I would so I just have to leave it

and no, i mean the needless comments causing arguments, not the help
  • janejellyroll
    Options

I've tried to delete it, but I googled and it said that you can't, hence why I've done nothing about it, so if i could I would so I just have to leave it

This began when you didn't like the help that people were trying to provide. You can flag your own post and request that the mods delete it.
  • bratterz_xoxo
    Options

Good luck.

You were actively posting at the time and I don't know how you missed a post with a video embedded into it, but hey, I learned my lesson. Don't waste time digging up information and going into detail about what people are trying to tell an OP.

Well I never saw it. My bad. It is hard to reply to everyone when you get bombarded with god knows how many posts, so I'm sorry I did not see it.
  • bratterz_xoxo
    Options

This began when you didn't like the help that people were trying to provide. You can flag your own post and request that the mods delete it.

Okay. :)
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options

+1 Also if you post a thread and go out it would be considered polite to read all the posts.
  • dahhhhhling
    dahhhhhling Posts: 66 Member
    Options

Thanks.

This is a public forum. OPs can't limit what people post in response to threads. If you dislike comments, I suggest just ignoring them.

Or create a closed group.

By the way, this is a topic within a topic that YOU started. You started calling other members rude. I am simply addressing that.

It's obvious, however, that you don't feel as if you owe an apology to the MFPers you offended. So I think I'm done now. Good luck and have a nice day.

• bratterz_xoxo
    Options
    Debmal77 wrote: »

+1 Also if you post a thread and go out it would be considered polite to read all the posts.

Ah, well i'm sorry I had to be somewhere. It's not my fault I didn't have time? I was going to go back later and read everything.
  • janejellyroll
    Options

Thanks.

Or create a closed group.

By the way, this is a topic within a topic that YOU started. You started calling other members rude. I am simply addressing that.

It's obvious, however, that you don't feel as if you owe an apology to the MFPers you offended. So I think I'm done now. Good luck and have a nice day.

OP has already flounced once and returned. Some people just crave drama.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options

Good luck.

You were actively posting at the time and I don't know how you missed a post with a video embedded into it, but hey, I learned my lesson. Don't waste time digging up "needless" information and going into detail about what people are trying to tell an OP.

It was a really useful comment. I think people skip over choosing accurate entries far too often when giving advice on how to log accurately. I should add that to the advice I give more often.
This discussion has been closed.