I owe some of you a apology

Options
My names Kristin. I am 24 years old. 4'11 and weigh 179lbs. About a month ago I started coming on here and started whining and complaining and giving millions of excuses as to why I couldnt get out out of the 180's. I hope I wasnt mean to anyone when they gave me there opinions and the facts. I was in deed not working hard enough and eating too much. Within 1 week of taking everyones advice. Logging accurately. Eating my 1200 calories a day and working out 5 days a week with cardio 4 days and strength training 1 day a week. I went from 185 183 182 181 180.8 180.4 to 179. In one week. I was wrong and apologize to everyone who heard me whine and complain and make excuses for myself. My thyroid didnt make me gain weight. My birth control didnt make me gain weight. I did. So everyone on MFP I am so sorry. I hope you accept my apology.

Replies

• DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    Awesome.
  • jesikalovesyou
    jesikalovesyou Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Awww. This is so great! I am so glad that you were able to get out of your "hump" and make some progress! It's difficult to change what you are doing and try something new (or adopt a new mindset), but I'm glad that you were able to do it!

Congrats on getting to the 170s! I hope to join you soon!
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    I remember you! :) I'm glad you took the advice, applied it and stuck with it! I'm so happy for you!
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the 1%!

:drinker:
  • kristinhull1
    kristinhull1 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. No more excuses are coming from me.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Good for you! :)

I know sometimes people think the MFP members can be "mean" or "rude" or "harsh". I'm glad you were able to listen objectively, take control of your weight, and you're on the road to reaching your goals!
  • kristinhull1
    Options
    @Mr_Knight 1%???
  • kristinhull1
    Options
    @rainbowbow I sure am on my way. Its week 1 and 1 day and the scales still moving downward. I may be at 178 2morow.
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your progress. It takes time and commitment, but it does pay off. And good on you to come back and give an update & apology.

Keep it up, there will be stalls and setbacks but if you use the tools you will get the results.

Good luck.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options

That's the purported percentage of "us" who are likely to succeed at weight management.

:drinker:
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    @rainbowbow I sure am on my way. Its week 1 and 1 day and the scales still moving downward. I may be at 178 2morow.

Be aware, most people go through a "whoosh" period. This is once you start on the right path (in a deficit) where they will lose 7-10 pounds the first week. Then the next weeks it will level out to a normal 1-2 pounds per week.

Just be aware and don't worry or freak out. It's normal.
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    Is this one of those Thank You Mean people of MFP threads???

Good job on the weight loss OP.
  • kristinhull1
    Options
    I dont care how much I lose. Just as long as im losing it lol. I was in the 80s for so dang long. My biggest was 200lbs. But that was when I was pregnant with my Son. I got to 150 after I had him. Then I gained 30lbs in 2 years. My face is what I hate the most. My face is so chubby,
  • SaffronSunrise
    SaffronSunrise Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!!
  • kristinhull1
    Options
    @BigGuy47 I dont think anyone was mean. They just told me what I shoulda already known. It wasnt the food that was making me gain weight it was me. I was eating way too much.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    You don't owe me an apology!

So, you're eating 1200 calories, doing cardio 5 days a week and weight lifting. That's great! If you find yourself feeling weak, tired or if you get dizzy, eat more! You break no laws if you eat 1200 and net less, but you have to eat enough to remain strong and healthy.

Did you go to the doctor and what did he say?
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    Don't forget you just might hit a bit of a plateau soon. DONT PANIC. DONT CHANGE ANYTHING YOURE DOING. Just keep at it and trust that after your body does the plateau thing, you'll start losing again. We all promise.
  • BasicGreatGuy
    BasicGreatGuy Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    Word one describes the OP; class.
  • kristinhull1
    Options
    @Kalikel I feel like I do owe you a apology. So take it lol. Yes im eating 1200 and doing cardio 5 days a week and lifting weights. Sometimes it says I have 300 cals or more left. I just dont eat those cals. Incase one day im having a hungry day and feel like I need to eat a little more that day. Then I know I still have calories left to eat through out the week.