Fitness brag thread

Options
I couldn't find another thread solely for the little achievements at the gym you want to brag about, but are sure your Facebook friends are sick of hearing about!

I did 10 handstand presses in my bootcamp class this morning. My shoulders are feeling it now, but I felt so strong!

Replies

• sugaree1202
    sugaree1202 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    ^^Awesome!

I stomped so hard during one of the combos in my TurboFire class yesterday that I knocked all the picture frames off the mantle......twice! Doing most of the 55 minute class with minimal modifications was pretty big for me since I have limited use of my right foot.
  • sm_usagi
    sm_usagi Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hahaha, nice work!
  • JamieM8168
    JamieM8168 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I did 15 burpees, ran a quarter mile and then did 15 more burpees at class Monday in under 10 minutes....and didn't die :tongue:
  • koing
    koing Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    MP 85kg at 87.4kg. The last time I did 85kg I was 94kg!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V15tyPHAe74

I think bw within 4 weeks!

Koing
  • determined_erin
    determined_erin Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I've been hitting 20,000 steps every day this week!
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB
  • missshyeviolett
    missshyeviolett Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Today was able to do the harder option during "round back" exercises in class- which are really freaking hard. You have to keep both legs totally straight- one pointing perfectly horizontally right above the floor and the other totally vertical while doing presses and stretches. Thought I was going to die but I did it!

Round-back,_Audrey,_Hannah,_12-09-resized-600.jpg
  • JossFit
    JossFit Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Awesome additions in here!

Yesterday I deadlifted 200 pounds, and did barbell hip thrusts with 225 pounds. :)
  • sm_usagi
    sm_usagi Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Nice work everyone!!

It's definitely a good feeling to progress to the harder option! :D
  • Brandy1775
    Brandy1775 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Great to see everyone hitting goals!! I went from 0-6 unassisted pullups in 5 weeks. My goal is to be at 10 by the end of July!
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    The other day, my calorie burn was over 4000 calories which is supposed to be crazy for a girl, because I started walking all of my patrols at work (graveyard security guard) and staying on my feet and being very busy the rest of my day. Love it when I can show I work hard enough for those numbers and mfp only gave me a 2200 calorie burn at the same fitness level I'd have selected anyway! What a silly thing, but I could have been driving all my patrols as is normal!
  • CampMom10
    CampMom10 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I held a plank for 1:40. Took a 10 second break then went for another minute. I also called and found a sitter so I couldn't use that as an excuse for skipping out on Zumba.
  • DawnEH612
    DawnEH612 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    ⬆⬆⬆ impressive! I went to valley forge national park for a walk, starting running and turned into Forrest Gump... i even ran some seriously steep inclines that used to make me winded just to walk! It was the first time i ever ran up those inclines and i even passed two younger guys on my way up!
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    In two weeks, I run the Peachtree Road Race, which I promised myself I would do this year. I made that promise back when I was still at 40% body fat and unable to run half a mile without falling over gasping. It won't be my first 10k, but it is a major milestone for me.
  • holothuroidea
    holothuroidea Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I managed a freestanding headstand. It lasted for half a second but it totally happened. My goal now is to hold it long enough for someone to take a picture (a picture that IS going on FB, I don't even care).
  • lambchristie
    lambchristie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I've been hitting 20,000 steps every day this week!

WOW!! Really, 20,000 every day ... HOW?
  • lambchristie
    lambchristie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    through out the coarse of an 1/2 stretch of time I did over 200 crunches;
    then at the end of my workout period I did another 100.
    thinking i'll be feeling the abs about this time tomorrow night. :wink:
  • JamieM8168
    JamieM8168 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I managed a freestanding headstand. It lasted for half a second but it totally happened. My goal now is to hold it long enough for someone to take a picture (a picture that IS going on FB, I don't even care).

Awesome. I have a goal of getting a photographed headstand too! ha
  • projectbam
    projectbam Posts: 55
    Options
    When i was doing Push-Ups last night at the gym i realised i wasn't lifting my own body-weight .. i was actually pushing the Earth away from me.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    I have worked out every single day since Feb 8th 2012. I walk over 20km every day as well as doing a full workout that goes for 1.5 hours at least. I get over 30,000 steps on most days even though my personal minimum is 20,000. I never sit down for more than 5 mins at a time & even then only about 3-4 times a day. I sleep about 4 hours a night. I never cheat & never have a rest day.

All with a back injury & I lost almost 80lbs in 7 months.