Fitness brag thread

Options

Replies

• brandon_2A
    Options
    Yesterday I ran 2 miles. Working up to 5k.
  • MommyisFit
    MommyisFit Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Started running at the beginning of August to train for a 4k. I can now complete my 1st mile in under 9 minutes. 3 miles is about 32 total. Working on HIIT to build my endurance to speed up the last 2 miles!
  • Axe34
    Axe34 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Started C25K June 19 at the age of 41 and 30 pounds overweight.

Ran 5k for the first time two weeks ago, 10k this past Monday, sub-30 min 5K yesterday and biked 24k today.

15K lined up for tomorrow at dawn.

Turns out my bad knees just didn't like hauling around a bunch of fat because they're A-OK now. :laugh:
  • LearnFromTheRed
    LearnFromTheRed Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Ran 7km yesterday, so I've now hit:

31st July: 2km
    4th August: 3km
    9th August: 5km
    16th August: 7km

My target was 5km, and I thought it was going to take me months and months (and I thought I might end up entering an 'official' one to get there)...um...
  • sm_usagi
    sm_usagi Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I started at a new gym last week (just moved to Los Angeles) and the gym instructor came over in the middle of a class to compliment me on my great push-ups. Considering at the start of the year I could barely do 7 or 8 girly push-ups on my knees, now that I can do 20+ on my feet, chest almost to the floor, with great form, feels like such an achievement!
  • Beertroll
    Options
    I squatted more than my old body weight yesterday. I could give old me a piggy-back ride. That felt pretty awesome. Then I proceeded to jump up 12 pounds on the bench, pressing over 200 pounds for the first time in my life. I missed a couple of lifts over the course of my sets (5x5), but I didn't care; it felt amazing to do it once, let alone 22 times.
  • just_Jennie1
    Options
    After having certain people tell me that my PR's are crap and don't mean jack I really don't brag about what I can do any more. Except to my husband who's there when I'm doing it.
  • sm_usagi
    Options
    Awww they are still YOUR PR's and they are still awesome for you!

Beertroll - that is so cool.
  • just_Jennie1
    Options
    Awww they are still YOUR PR's and they are still awesome for you!

Beertroll - that is so cool.

I know but it's annoying when you're bragging and you get smacked down for it. But then again the person who does that is notorious for it.

With that said: I don't currently have any PR's. Right now I'm working on lifting heavier each time, even if I get 3 reps out on a heavy weight and have to drop it I'll shoot for 4 next time.

Yesterday on back my last set was on 8 for the lat pull downs (not sure what that equals in "weight")
  • traceyjj
    traceyjj Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Last week dead lift more than my own body weight (80kg lift for 3 reps)

This week a new PB on the bench 45Kg for 7 reps followed soon after by 50 pressups - real ones not my normal girly ones

Cant wait to see what next week brings
  • sm_usagi
    Options
    That's awesome Tracey, I hope the next week brought new PBs!

I ran 6 miles/10km for the first time yesterday. Ten kilometres! Booyah! Onwards and upward!
  • Shawshankcan
    Shawshankcan Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    500lbX2 deadlift less than an hour after running a 10km road race with a whack of hills
    510X3 deadlift
    545lb deadlift 3 weeks ago, with a busted shoulder.

600lbs should be less than six months away.

(In case you can't tell, I like to deadlift.)
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Losing weight and getting stronger have caught up with each other - now deadlifting more than 1x bodyweight. This week also did the first chinups and pullups I've been able to do in at least a decade. And broke the single-digit-minute per mile mark, and knocked 2 full minutes off my PR on 5k.

Hell of a good couple of weeks! :smokin:
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    500lbX2 deadlift less than an hour after running a 10km road race with a whack of hills
    510X3 deadlift
    545lb deadlift 3 weeks ago, with a busted shoulder.

600lbs should be less than six months away.

(In case you can't tell, I like to deadlift.)

good job sir!!! That's impressive.

I'm chasing 300. Recent PR was 285. And it was FUGLY as hell- but's going yes- that's going to happen.
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    I finally got my tight shoulder to let me reach back far enough to do a real full pigeon!!! Yesterday :) It's funny because I've actually increased my back flexibility enough so that I don't have to reach back very far, but still. Full pigeon even with my wonky, sad shoulders! Yay!

Oh, and I'm seeing little delts from my lifting :) I hadn't been able to isolate my delts enough with my upper back problem for so long, but now I can do some work with them and I can see it. The lats are still a bit stubborn, but I figured out how to hit them a little, too! It's so exciting. I don't know if I'll ever be able to hit my traps like a normal person, but I'm aiming for hitting everything else, darnit.
  • ashandstuff
    ashandstuff Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I got out of bed today.
  • ssaraj43
    ssaraj43 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I did a backbend today !!!!

Amazing work everybody :-)
  • juliewatkin
    juliewatkin Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I squatted 135 for 21 today without barfing my thanksgiving dinner.
  • sm_usagi
    Options
    Awesome achievements everyone! Even getting out of bed, if it's a big thing for you, then it's worthy of the brag thread ;)
  • freak4iron
    freak4iron Posts: 995 Member
    Options
    I been repping 240 on the squat the last few times I did my legs and I can finally see some muscles starting to poop in my thighs. Also upped my bench press by 10 lbs from the week before and I'm holding steady on the scale @ 175!!!