What's your workout today?

Options
Heading to the gym and need ideas and inspiration!

Whattaya got??

Replies

• MaybeImNot
    MaybeImNot Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Group Fitness Class day today - Zumba here.

Yesterday was 30 minutes on the Cable machines. Love those!
  • xTattooedDollx
    xTattooedDollx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Before work I did the elliptical for 60 minutes and strength traiing on my legs and abs and later tongiht I'll be takling a cardio class at the gym!
  • xTattooedDollx
    xTattooedDollx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    What's a cable machine??!! I want to try Zumba so bad!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Tonight I'm warming up with 5 minutes of light jumping rope, followed by some arm workouts with resistance bands and 8-10 lb dumbbells, followed by some plie squats, hip raises, leg raises, thigh raises, Self's 8 Minutes to Slim, then a 30 minute walk outside.
  • MissGulla
    MissGulla Posts: 11
    Options
    I'm doing Chalean Extreme at my house today!!!! Burn Circuit 2, it feels soo good.
  • Buppie
    Buppie Posts: 43
    Options
    Elliptical and/or Swimming (depending on the weather). :glasses:
  • redbedhead
    redbedhead Posts: 53
    Options
    Took it easy to day since I have a sinus infection and larengitis.

60 minutes of cardio on the treadmill at 2.4 mph

Strength training Back and chest :
    Fly 3 sets of 15 reps at 50 pounds
    Incline chest press 3 sets of 15 reps at 60 pounds
    Wide grip pulldown 3 sets 15 reps at 50 pounds
  • FitnessChefJime
    FitnessChefJime Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    3 mile run this morning..

90 minutes of weight training this afternoon shoulders and biceps

45 min of boxing and swimming tonight..

:smile:
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    Did 3 1-mile runs with 1-mile walks in between (total distance of 5.7 miles with warmup/cooldown), then I did the entire circuit from No More Trouble Zones. 2 hours and 1 minute of working out today, despite a bum ankle and knee :)
  • rcatr
    rcatr Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    5.5 mile run + 1 mile walk on incline
  • mshay05
    mshay05 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Chalean Extreme at my house today!!!! Burn Circuit 2, it feels soo good.

MissGulla! I am on Chalean Extreme Burn Circuit 2 as well!! Love Chalene!!! She kicks my booty in a good way!
  • fraiseroja
    fraiseroja Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I did the run part of this treadmill workout I found on this website http://carrotsncake.com/2008/02/45-minute-treadmill-workout.html I had to lower it down a few times because I am not in the best running shape and the thing is all hills. But I burnt 550 cals in 45 minutes. There is a walking option too. I felt good after that :)
  • MaybeImNot
    MaybeImNot Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    What's a cable machine??!! I want to try Zumba so bad!

They have pulleys and adjust independently on either side to do a TON of neat exercises... You can work absolutely anything on them.

here's a picture
    http://www.ecvv.com/product/1000008644.html
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I have been all over the place lately, mixing it up. Was doing the Shred but it started to bother my knees ... so now I just do what strikes me. Last night I did 30 minutes of boxing and 25 minutes of kettlebell (The Firm workout). Got some Ace braces for my knees so may get back on the Shred now. :smile: Checking out a Zumba class next week!

Sorry, I guess you only asked about today ... :embarassed: :laugh:
  • Syreeta6
    Syreeta6 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Group toning class, she did some pilates toward the end. Zumba tomorrow! It's fun and great and definitely worth a try!
  • erinsolesky
    erinsolesky Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    GROUP FITNESS!!! I am going to step today :-)
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    You guys are amazing!! I am officially inspired to get away from this computer so I'm lacing up my shoes, putting on the HRM and heading to the gym for:

100 jumprope skips alternating with bicep / tricep weightlifting moves
    30 minutes of intervals on elliptical

And also aiming for a 45 minute walk this afternoon.

I've set a 600 calorie burn goal for the day.

Thanks!
  • oats4breakfast
    Options
    >> Warm up of either ride/row/jog/skip for 5-10 minutes,
    >> Stretch

3x15 pushup with hands on Med Ball
    3x30 Feetup crunch, feet on Swiss Ball
    3x10 Tuck to Pushup, feet on Med Ball (feet are on medball in push up position, first do a push up, then drag ball in towards you with feet until knees are in chest).
    3x20 reverse crunch with med ball between knees. (lie on back with feet on ground and knees bent, hold a med ball between your knees and lift into your chest)
    3x20 Bicep curls
    3x20 Hip Rasies, (lie on back, legs straight up in air and hold swiss ball between feet, lift hips off ground by pushing feet up)
    3x30 Reciprocal bicep curl (15 each arm)
    3x20 Alternating bridge/plank (support yourself on forearms and toes so you're prallel to ground, then lift/reach opposite hand and foot off ground, 10 each "side")
    3x15 Stiff Arm Lat Pulldown (bend over at waist, withstraight arms, hold a cable/elastic cord out in front of you, then pull down towards sides).
    3x10 "walk outs". Lie face down on swiss ball .. basically on your stomach/chest. Then, walk hands out until only your feet/shins are on ball (so you're in a push up position, so if you're feeling strong, do a push up), then walk hands back to start position.
    NOTE: Rest 60 seconds between sets, no/dynamic rest between exercises. Typically takes me about 40 minutes (70-80minutes with stretches/warmup).

>> 10 minutes of stretching
  • Jamiebee24
    Jamiebee24 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I did a half hour on the elliptical today---i normally do a half hour of treadmill after it, but today i just wasn't feelin it! i needed some motivation! :) took a short walk---15 minutes...and then just finished the shred! i'll be taking a 60 minute walk later on this evening!
  • DeathIsMyGift
    DeathIsMyGift Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Well since it's Thursday I did weight training. But of course I must have a warm up before I lift weights so I did HIIT on the treadmill for 12 minutes. (walk 2 mins, run 1 min, walk 2 mins, run 1 min, etc)

After I burned THOSE 200 calories I moved over to the weight portion of my work out.

Dumbbell Row, One-Arm, Bent-Over 2x 8x 30
    Bench Press, Barbell 3x 8x 55
    Seated Biceps Curl 3x 8x 20
    Triceps Extension 1x 20x 12
    Overhead Press, Barbell 3x 8x 45

28 minutes later I burned 500 calories doing that. Equalling 700 calories burned total for this mornings work out. Whew...got tired just typing that.