Replies

• yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,786 Member
    Options
    You're back?
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    My workout today was Chalene Extreme. I am in my week one day 4 with Burn Intervals & Ab Burner. This is a good series but not near as tough as Insanity (which I have done twice with a series of P90X in between). What ever you do , give it your ALL!
  • Paul76
    Paul76 Posts: 158
    Options
    5k run with hill intervals in the middle - I hate running hills.
  • MorningRevelation
    Options
    Richard Simmons - Sweatin' to the oldies disc one! ITS SO MUCH FUN!
  • julieash70
    julieash70 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Try a spin class!!!! Huge calorie burner and the person running the class is usually a great motivator. And your doing it with people, so they can help you out too! Good luck!
  • kpaulsen
    kpaulsen Posts: 25
    Options
    Yesterday was Zumba (45 min...whew!) and then a 60 minute walk with the hubby and pup.

Today will be another 60 minute walk with the hubby and pup, then packing up hubby, myself, AND pup for separate weekend excursions: me helping a friend move and attending a wedding in Dallas, hubby on a bachelor weekend in *ahem* las vegas, and pup staying "at a friend's house" all weekend.

Hopefully the moving boxes and booze dancing at the wedding will cancel out all the booze. :-)

NOTE: For those who want to try Zumba, see if an independent instructor in your area offers a "1st class free" to see if you like it. It's really fun, especially if you like to dance to begin with or "get" doing exercise to an 8 count. Or see if you can try one month of classes for a discounted rate. It might not be for everyone, but I think it's great!
  • glfprncs2
    glfprncs2 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Powerwalked with my 3 dogs earlier today (3 1/2 miles), but just finished up ChaLean Extreme's Fat Burn Challenge and then did Cathe's HiiT 30/30. I was planning on yoga class tonight, but my legs are pretty shot. I think I'll just chillax for the rest of the afternoon and evening.
  • sundinsgurl
    sundinsgurl Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Played an hour of tennis, did some push ups, crunches and lunges, and have a soccer practice later tonight
  • HOSED49
    HOSED49 Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Ran 3.1 miles then did crossfit workout "Josh"
    42 pullups
    18 overhead squats with 95lb
    30 pullups
    9 overhead sqauts with 95 lb
    20 pullups
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    You're back?

I'm back! Survived another season, 97 days on the boat this time! But I'm officially DONE with Antarctica and Whale Wars (at least for now) and am enjoying being at home. Good to see you!
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Did it!

Burned 650 calories at the gym, alternating jumprope sets with weightlifting and then 15 minutes of HIIT on the elliptical. Whew!

Thanks for the great ideas -- sometimes I just need to hear what other people are up to in order to get myself organized!
  • Paul76
    Paul76 Posts: 158
    Options
    5k run with hill intervals in the middle - I hate running hills.

ended up doing 6.2k total, 1.2k up hill (via 4 x 300m intervals), 690 calories burned
  • Becka77
    Becka77 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I did my usual, a 60 minute Jazzercise class.
  • xonophone
    xonophone Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I took my dog on a 1 hr+ hike this morning before work. Surprisingly I burned as many calories as I do at the gym, doing 30 min cardio + 30 minutes weights. At least that's what my HRM told me.
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Did it!

Burned 650 calories at the gym, alternating jumprope sets with weightlifting and then 15 minutes of HIIT on the elliptical. Whew!

Thanks for the great ideas -- sometimes I just need to hear what other people are up to in order to get myself organized!

Wow! Good job!

I did my tenth day of the 30-day-shred level 1. :) I can't wait to move on to level 2 tomorrow.
  • nj4tj
    nj4tj Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    2.5 mile walk jog ,ab work, & 2 minutes of speed rope. i had to cut the walk short because it was soooo hot this morning.