From 18 to 12 dress size pics??? Pls?

Options

Replies

• bmayes2014
    bmayes2014 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I love scrolling this message board. It's so inspiring! Congrats to everyone!!!
  • prettygirlstorm1
    prettygirlstorm1 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Wow you all look great!! Congrats! I have to lose about 40 pounds, I would love to be a size 10!!! Taking in slow this time as to keep it off for good. Thanks for the motivation!!! Keep up the good work!!!
  • whiteblossom14
    whiteblossom14 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Well done to every single one of you.
    You all look amazing
  • tntmom17
    tntmom17 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Everyone looks awesome! Keep up the good work.
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    I made this just for you:

zuxlml25lsoi.jpg
  • desy617
    desy617 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Love this thread
  • amynb524
    amynb524 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    @amynb524 Your dedication has really paid off: You look just amazing!

THANK YOU! Here is my most recent before and after :)

kj9rw2cst7wz.jpg
    cizad2v14fe6.jpg
  • kalislim
    kalislim Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    amynb524 wrote: »
    @amynb524 Your dedication has really paid off: You look just amazing!

THANK YOU! Here is my most recent before and after :)

kj9rw2cst7wz.jpg
    cizad2v14fe6.jpg

Your transformation is amazing...so inspired.
  • kimberlyhurt
    kimberlyhurt Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    this thread is incredible! I'm a 16/18 now (down from a 24/26). My ultimate goal is a 12. Hopefully I'll get there soon. I can't believe the speed at which some of you ladies took off the weight. Like 50,70,or even 100lbs in like 8months. It's really inspiring! My short term weight goal is to lose 45lbs (to break into one-derland). But after that, who knows? You guys are awesome!
  • kimberlyhurt
    kimberlyhurt Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I'll try to get together a before and after for my progress so far toward getting into a 12...
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    Oh wow! Everyone here looks AMAZING!!!! I stopped drinking soda three years ago and a year ago, I made of point of being lightly active at the very least. This all kept me from gaining weight, but it wasn't until this past summer that I pushed hard to move past that stage and lose the weight. Therefore, this journey has been going on for almost three months now. This isn't exactly the same, but so far I've gone from a 14/16 to a 10/12. I believe in you! <3 ^_^
    1ftnaw9vda1x.jpg
  • katezx
    katezx Posts: 31 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I started at about a size 18/20 and I am currently hovering between a 10-14. Mainly size 12 (UK SIZE 12). Starting weight was 211lbs and I am currently 158lbs. Need to lose another 20 pounds to be at my goal. I am 5'2.

ely3e2wp389h.jpg
    ely3e2wp389h.jpg

hv384u4pbg9f.jpg

k29dgcpvszjq.jpg

5w1q2twporjk.jpg
  • Jessyd76
    Jessyd76 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Wow! Seriously amazing transformation folks!

So what was it that finally made you buckle down and commit to prioritizing weight loss/getting healthy above everything else? Was there a moment, event, realization, something... that just flipped that switch in your head?
  • acorsaut89
    acorsaut89 Posts: 1,147 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    mfskwg7z2o86.jpg
    u71sl7ag38i6.jpg

So I am not at a size 12 . . . yet! But for some perspective, I was 340 - 350 lbs on the left and I'm now down to 260lbs and I wear a 14/16 depending on cut. I am 5'10 approx.

It takes time, but there's definitely a difference in how I look now vs what I was at. Still super motivating for me, anyways.
  • Thisisit1982
    Thisisit1982 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I really needed to see these post. I am a 16/18 now . I cant wait until I am a size 10/12. You all look great!!!!! I love it!!!!
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Jessyd76 wrote: »

So what was it that finally made you buckle down and commit to prioritizing weight loss/getting healthy above everything else? Was there a moment, event, realization, something... that just flipped that switch in your head?
    For me, it was an accumulation of moments and realizations. I'm not entirely too sure what was the straw that broke the camel's back, but one day, this past June, I found that I could NOT go on another day living so unhealthily. For a few days, I reflected on the fact that it took me nearly an hour to "run" a 5K, that I was closer to 200 lbs than I was to 100 lbs (I'm about 5"2), that one size fits all clothing were suddenly becoming quite snug, that my gut was starting to near the size of my bust, that my BMI was now at 31, that my collarbones were nearly gone, etc, etc. I decided that I was no longer adorably chubby/curvy as loved ones would tell me all the time, but rather, I was unhealthy and plain and simply fat (ouch). It was a rocky start, but I started off with just walking 3 miles a day, every morning. As I got physically stronger, I also got mentally stronger, and my eating habits and resistance to junk food improved. Today, I am 100% committed to this lifestyle change, and I can already see that obesity will never again plague me.
  • Jessyd76
    Jessyd76 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    neldabg wrote: »
    Jessyd76 wrote: »

For me, it was an accumulation of moments and realizations. I'm not entirely too sure what was the straw that broke the camel's back, but one day, this past June, I found that I could NOT go on another day living so unhealthily. For a few days, I reflected on the fact that it took me nearly an hour to "run" a 5K, that I was closer to 200 lbs than I was to 100 lbs (I'm about 5"2), that one size fits all clothing were suddenly becoming quite snug, that my gut was starting to near the size of my bust, that my BMI was now at 31, that my collarbones were nearly gone, etc, etc. I decided that I was no longer adorably chubby/curvy as loved ones would tell me all the time, but rather, I was unhealthy and plain and simply fat (ouch). It was a rocky start, but I started off with just walking 3 miles a day, every morning. As I got physically stronger, I also got mentally stronger, and my eating habits and resistance to junk food improved. Today, I am 100% committed to this lifestyle change, and I can already see that obesity will never again plague me.

Thank you! I appreciate you sharing that! Like you, I'm 5'2. I'm 216 and well, I just need to not be.

I've yo-yo'd so many times (even got down to 160 at one point) that I'm having a hard time believing I can actually succeed at this. So I keep sabotaging myself and cutting myself slack when I shouldn't be.

I'm working on the mindset change. I know once I get that in line with my goal (145-150 lbs) I'll be able to get there and get over the mind-f#$@. Really appreciate you sharing! :)
  • viciouslitany
    viciouslitany Posts: 187 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    if these are huge, I'm sorry!

went from an 18 in high school up to a 24, am now a 12/14.

ncldi5oitpvq.jpg
    qt166d3mut09.jpg
    2orxjz3s74ph.jpg
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    You ladies are all stunning. Awesome job.
  • lalepepper
    lalepepper Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    572af761788a7b9059ec21d28eb217042837.jpg
    ~100 lb difference from first pic to now. Size 22 to 12.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!