Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Tanning Lotion?

MsSquatAlot
MsSquatAlot Posts: 238 Member
Hey Everyone!

For those of you who fake bake - what tanning lotion do you use? I have been using Solid Black 100x and had some great results but I am almost out and wondering if anyone has any other suggestions?

Replies

• myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    The sun.
  • MsSquatAlot
    Well, aren't you clever.
  • TSith
    TSith Posts: 244 Member
    In the winter I use jwoww one and done! :)
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,276 Member
    I'm curious about answers here. I am a pale girl but tan pretty easy if I go to the river...problem is I always burn first. The other problem is, I don't want to look like a carrot stick. Hoping there are finally self-tan products out there that wont make my skin the same as an Oompa Loompa.
  • MsSquatAlot
    Thanks TSith! I will look into JWoww (they would have good products haha)

Purring- I am so pale and always wear sunscreen due to my tattoos but I do tan during the summer or when we are going on vacation. Thinking about this one, great reviews. http://www.amazon.com/Darksyde-Ultimate-Silicone-Bronzer-Tanning/dp/B00GDJZH5K/ref=sr_1_4?s=beauty&ie=UTF8&qid=1438719495&sr=1-4&keywords=tanning+lotion&refinements=p_72:1248873011
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    I used the fake bake brand in the past and have a few friends who do now. They love it.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Clarins makes 6 of the top ten tanners, something for everyone. I like the liquid bronze and the delectable mousse. They also make a gel that dries really fast, it's all made with beet sugar so it develops red/brown and not orange like drug store brands. If I couldn't get Clarins I'd use Vita Liberata or St. Tropez.
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    TSith wrote: »

I also use jwoww. I've also used Australian Gold Cheeky Brown. Both are my go-to products for indoor tanning.
  • MsSquatAlot
    Jennloella wrote: »
    Clarins makes 6 of the top ten tanners, something for everyone. I like the liquid bronze and the delectable mousse. They also make a gel that dries really fast, it's all made with beet sugar so it develops red/brown and not orange like drug store brands. If I couldn't get Clarins I'd use Vita Liberata or St. Tropez.

Thanks!!! I will look into these now.
  • MsSquatAlot
    TSith wrote: »

I also use jwoww. I've also used Australian Gold Cheeky Brown. Both are my go-to products for indoor tanning.

Cheeky Brown seems to be a really popular brand from what I have seen too.
  • MsSquatAlot
    Steph38878 wrote: »
    I used the fake bake brand in the past and have a few friends who do now. They love it.

I did not know that was an actual brand Ha! Thanks!
  • karenkasbi
    karenkasbi Posts: 216 Member
    I've tried hard candy, nothing. Last week I bought Loreal, didn't try it yet. I've read excellent reviews on LovingTan it's 35$ and lasts up to 10 days, it's waterproof, you can watch some youtube videos. It's summer now so I have a tan but I will definitely try it in september.
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,276 Member
    Are any of these mentioned gradual tanners or is it a one application type of gig?
  • MsSquatAlot
    Karen - I am guessing hard candy is a self-tanner? I have never used one because I am terrified I will miss somewhere or end up carrot-like. Haha
  • Northernlight03
    Northernlight03 Posts: 1,980 Member
    I use St tropez
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Are any of these mentioned gradual tanners or is it a one application type of gig?

They're gradual -- at least the ones I mentioned. They don't leave your skin orange, either. I prefer to use them, not for the accelerated bronze pigment they provide, but for the moisturizers in the lotion. They even smell good!
  • jessica22222
    jessica22222 Posts: 375 Member
    I worked at a fake and bake and found with or without lotion I tanned
  • karenkasbi
    karenkasbi Posts: 216 Member
    yes, all of these are self tanners but I've never been carrot like. It's more like a dark bronze look, it looks natural
  • The_Invisible_Boy
    The_Invisible_Boy Posts: 568 Member
    It rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose!!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    I think this is a favorite exchange today:

MsSquatAlot- Hey Everyone! For those of you who fake bake - what tanning lotion do you use? I have been using Solid Black 100x and had some great results but I am almost out and wondering if anyone has any other suggestions?

myheartsabattleground - The sun.

MsSquatAlot - Well, aren't you clever.