Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Tanning Lotion?

2»

Replies

• MsSquatAlot
    MsSquatAlot Posts: 238 Member
    Chaelaz wrote: »
    I think this is a favorite exchange today:

MsSquatAlot- Hey Everyone! For those of you who fake bake - what tanning lotion do you use? I have been using Solid Black 100x and had some great results but I am almost out and wondering if anyone has any other suggestions?

myheartsabattleground - The sun.

MsSquatAlot - Well, aren't you clever.

Especially considering I asked for lotion recommendations, right? Haha some people on here just epic troll all day.
  • MsSquatAlot
    I worked at a fake and bake and found with or without lotion I tanned

Really? I burnt the first time I tanned without lotion on my usual bed and time haha. I like that they moisturize your skin too.
  • MsSquatAlot
    No pics of nice tans. #disappointing

Mine isn't show-worthy yet haha

• Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    A tad lighter than my avatar pic atm.
  • jessica22222
    jessica22222 Posts: 375 Member

Really? I burnt the first time I tanned without lotion on my usual bed and time haha. I like that they moisturize your skin too.

I think that's all they do is moisturizer and make you smell pretty. You can smell when someone doesn't use it! We had $80 lotions and I'm positive they didn't make you tan faster. The cheap lotion works just as well.
  • MsSquatAlot

I think that's all they do is moisturizer and make you smell pretty. You can smell when someone doesn't use it! We had $80 lotions and I'm positive they didn't make you tan faster. The cheap lotion works just as well.

WOW!!! That is good to know - and yes - you can totally smell the stank when people dont use it. HAHA

• jmac4263
    jmac4263 Posts: 245 Member
    I use solid too. I think I got 3 bottles a x50 a x75 and x100 just because you could buy them on amazon as a pack. I like them but something that will get me darker would be better. Do you use anything for your face? I just tan at my gym so its not like they have special amazing beds!
  • MsSquatAlot
    jmac4263 wrote: »
    I use solid too. I think I got 3 bottles a x50 a x75 and x100 just because you could buy them on amazon as a pack. I like them but something that will get me darker would be better. Do you use anything for your face? I just tan at my gym so its not like they have special amazing beds!

So for my face - I use sunscreen. The beds at the spa I go to are nice as hell. Which is probably why I burned. I was used to gym tanning beds and would bake for 20-25 minutes because the beds were so old. The new ones I use have facial tanners so I leave the tanner on and wear a low spf sunscreen. My face is quite tan now but I want that like epic dark tan. haha

• jmac4263
    jmac4263 Posts: 245 Member
    jmac4263 wrote: »

So for my face - I use sunscreen. The beds at the spa I go to are nice as hell. Which is probably why I burned. I was used to gym tanning beds and would bake for 20-25 minutes because the beds were so old. The new ones I use have facial tanners so I leave the tanner on and wear a low spf sunscreen. My face is quite tan now but I want that like epic dark tan. haha

I get that! I was going to an actual salon Sun Tan City and some of their beds you can literally go once or twice a week and be really tan, all of theirs had facial tanners so I know what you mean there. I might switch back to that once I change jobs since it would be on the way to tan but right now for the price and convenience the gym works the best. I think I pay like 14 or 15 dollars a month at the gym and close to 50 at Sun tan city! Thats a big difference but the beds are also alot better.....
  • MsSquatAlot
    Ughhhh I do not even want to disclose how much I pay to tan but it is $130 for my husband and I on any level bed per month. Thankfully my job pays for our gym membership haha.

So I am ordering the Cheeky Brown one since it has the overall highest ratings but still looking for 2 or 3 others to try too.
  • Guns_N_Buns
    I've only tried level-1 and level-2 beds. I don't recall any special face tanner, so I'm a little jealous about that. Typically I had foundation on with spf in it, so I would just leave my face alone. If I was make-up free, I'd either cover my face with a towel or put the lotion on it, as well. I paid $20/month for unlimited use (but only for level-1 beds). The level-2 beds were like $2 more per use, so I tried them out a couple of times. Is it worth going to a level-3 or 4? The price increases substantially on those!
  • MsSquatAlot
    I wish I had a good comparison photo to show you the difference. I feel it is worth it. My spa goes up to level 6 and I have only just recently tanned on 3-4. In the level 1&2 I was still at 20 mins. These ones I do 12 in a level 3 one day and then 6 in a level 4. I just started this routine as of Monday and have noticed a difference for sure.
  • MsSquatAlot
    I added Darksyde Pitch Black Ultimate Silicone Bronzer Tanning Lotion 16oz too. Haha we shall see
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Thanks! I'll definitely have to try next time I'm in.
  • MsSquatAlot
    Usually they will give you a complimentary (or at least for a nominal fee) upgrade to try out the higher beds - I had inquired once and they happily slapped me into a level 4 haha
  • jessica22222
    jessica22222 Posts: 375 Member
    I wanted to add it's the tanning bed that makes the difference. We had 4 different beds and the top end bed got me the best tan.