gained 4 pounds of water weight!! how to lose this overnight

Options
DeterminedbyGod
DeterminedbyGod Posts: 130 Member
edited August 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
I've gained 4 pounds of water weight! I need to lose this or I am going to literally freak out. I worked out so hard today and stayed within my levels of nutrients.

I eat 1500 cals a day and workout 45 to and hour a day doing cardio activities. This morning I lost a pound from yesterday. This morning I was 261 and I weighed again on my lunch break and I was 263 pounds. I got off work and moved my bowels I was back at 261 pounds. I then ate dinner which consisted of small tuna with a serving size of mayo and spanich on wheat bread. Afterwards I worked showered and got on the scale again to see 265 pounds.

The problem I have is that I can calculate how much water I hold and how much I will lose by tomorrow morning. Yesterday around the same time I was at 265 and I knew that it was water weight and that it'll probably be 260 or 261 by this morning and I was correct.

I was hoping for 264 so that I'll be 260 or 259 by tomorrow. How do I dropped this water weight. Btw I drunk a lot of water today including before bed.

Replies

• Zedeff
    Zedeff Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    There is no good reason that you NEED to be 259 by tomorrow.
  • Zedeff
    Options
    Also, stop weighing yourself 3+ times per day. It's pointless, unless your goal is to maximize anxiety.
  • DeterminedbyGod
    Options
    That's how my body burns. I am young with a fast metabolism. I am 23
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    Holy disordered behaviour, batman.

Why are you weighing multiple times a day? Why are you freaking out over water weight? Why do you NEED to lose it by tomorrow? The way you write really concerns me.
  • Zedeff
    Options
    Not fast enough apparently.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I think I'd put the scales away for a while.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Stop weighing yourself mutiple times a day. You're clearly driving yourself batty.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    The most important thing about weighing is, same time, place and conditions.
  • procolorer
    procolorer Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    The most important thing about weighing is, same time, place and conditions.

^ this.

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Step away from the scale....
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Everyone gains weight throughout the day. Weight fluctuates all day, every day.

Try weighing once a day, when you get up, after you pee. Even then, you will see fluctuations. Your period can add up to like seven pounds for some. Sodium - if you're not keeping it low, it's going to cause weight fluctuations. Not pooping. New exercise.

All kinds of things are going to cause fluctuations.

You're going to be doing this for a very long time. You cannot flip out over scale fluctuations or you'll drive yourself crazy.

I say this with the best thoughts behind it: Get used to it!

This is going to be part of your life for a long time.

Congrats on beginning your weight loss journey!!! :)
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    Zedeff wrote: »
    Also, stop weighing yourself 3+ times per day. It's pointless, unless your goal is to maximize anxiety.

It is pointless. You're not measuring any real results. You're seeing fluctuations related to drinking and eating - you're putting things in your body thus increasing weight. Plus your body has natural fluctuations based on hormones, muscles retaining water, sodium etc.

I really think you need to step away from the scale for a bit.
  • DeterminedbyGod
    Options
    You guys I am trying to figure why am I holding all of this water. Have this ever happens to anyone and how did you lose it??

Sorry for typing the way I did I was frustrated
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    You guys I am trying to figure why am I holding all of this water. Have this ever happens to anyone and how did you lose it??

It's water! It's not like it matters! It'll come off anyway. You are weighing yourself multiple times a day which is clearly freaking you out, so stop!
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options

Yes it happens to me all the time. Hormones (TTOTM can see an increase in 5lbs without me changing anything), my muscles retaining water after heavy workouts, etc. It's annoying because it masks any real results but not worth losing my mind over. I keep drinking plenty of water and my body sheds it when it decides to.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

Since yopu woke up, you put food and drink in your body. It dfoesn't miraculaously weigh nothing because it is inside your body. Gaining lbs over the course of the day is normal, because physics. Stop obsessing. Seriously.
  • hrtchoco
    hrtchoco Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Try a day with low sodium and see although I feel you are being silly.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Keeping your sodium under 1500 will help a lot with fluctuations, but they're going to happen.

Patience. You're going to be doing this for like a year and your weight is going to keep changing!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    You can gain temporary weight from extra exercise as your body rushes to repair your muscles. Which is good. Watch that water weight slowly drop over the next few days. Marathon honey, not a sprint.
  • DeterminedbyGod
    Options
    Well will it flush away to the weight I wish it to be by tomorrow??