Argument for not eating/entering exercise cals?

13»

Replies

• cupcakesplz
    cupcakesplz Posts: 237 Member
    Done!
    Thank you PAV8888
  • KittensMaster
    KittensMaster Posts: 748 Member
    The calorie burn numbers are too high

The Map My Ride calorie burns are around 75 calories per mile where other reputable cycling calorie burn sites estimate 50 for 17+ mph rides

On a 40 mile ride that is significant

So I add in quick Add calories to off set it

I have found eating back half of the exercise calories to be close to right.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    @kae612 There's a learning curve in this, so when you start out find someone who's goals are similar and learn from them. As my goals are to increase endurance and strength for overall performance in multisport I have a very different plan than a body builder would. You need to identify where you are in your plan. I am still in the beginning phase and have some more azz to lose before focusing on speed.

Bottom line if you are seeing gains you are doing something right. If these gains stall, then it's time to review the data and improve the accuracy of your logging.

Like @ohmscheeks I know I'm not accurate with my logging, but at this phase I don't need to be, so I overestimate entries on intake and under report my exercise.
  • kiela64
    kiela64 Posts: 1,447 Member
    rabbitjb wrote: »

I eat all my fitbit calories (basic zip I use it to accurately judge my activity level) and around 50-70% of my HRM ones because of the nature of workouts I do that are tracked by HRM..eg some steady-state but also HIIT, weights, calisthenics

Ps this means I log only 50-70% of what my HRM says rather than I mentally calculate the difference

But the important thing is I do a rolling 6-8 week check and adjust based on my actual weight over time

Interesting, what's a "rolling 6-8 week check"? Do you weigh only every 6 weeks or so?
    CSARdiver wrote: »
    @kae612 There's a learning curve in this, so when you start out find someone who's goals are similar and learn from them. As my goals are to increase endurance and strength for overall performance in multisport I have a very different plan than a body builder would. You need to identify where you are in your plan. I am still in the beginning phase and have some more azz to lose before focusing on speed.

Bottom line if you are seeing gains you are doing something right. If these gains stall, then it's time to review the data and improve the accuracy of your logging.

Like @ohmscheeks I know I'm not accurate with my logging, but at this phase I don't need to be, so I overestimate entries on intake and under report my exercise.

Thanks!