Working out with a small child

13»

Replies

• curvykim78
    curvykim78 Posts: 799 Member
    I have a BOB Revolution SE stroller I run with my 4 year old in. We also go bike riding, he rides in a bike trailer. We go to the parks and ride the trails, then he gets to go and play on the playgrounds when we're finished. He also tries to do insanity with me as well.
  • sunnyskys2013
    sunnyskys2013 Posts: 159 Member
    I have three young kids in my home so you can imagine the planning involved Wo my workouts ...ugh it's exhausting ..they're ages 4,3,2 so it would be DABGEROUS for them all to be doing my insanity workouts with me hahaa..I do let them join me in yoga !! But for me the easiest and most effective way to get through a workout without having to stop and loose my warm up is to do it at nap time with the little ones, and because my daughter age four starts kindergarten next year we purchased ABC MOUSE for her ...for me it's easy because the computer is in the same room as where I workout so for 45 minutes she working on schoolwork and I'm getting excersice ...I'm not one to say get them to sit and shut up but honestly I think abc mouse is AWESOME and it's fun for her we also work on writing and things during the day ...just a thought if that's an option for you :)
    I have to say ABC mouse is awesome, they learn so much from it. It teaches in a way that is fun. Mine have been doing it since they were 3 and 4 . They are now 5-6 i love it when they come up and say mom did you know this..................
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,893 Member
    I chased my kids around the neighborhood the other day with the older two (6 and 7) on their bikes and the 3 year old on his powerwheels 4 wheeler. We all had fun and I got a little workout in. Other than that I walk on my lunch hour almost every day.