Juice clense???

Options
So I've recently bought a juicer. I was wondering if anyone had done the juice clense. (I've seen some people do a week or two or anything up to 60 days) I was wondering if anyone had any advise tips or just any advise on the juice as I planning to have one for breakfast anyway... Thanks guys

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    If you like juice drink it

Be careful of the numbers of calories in juice as opposed to the actual fruit or vegetables and log carefully

There is no cleanse though ..that's just marketing bollocks
  • mallory_2014
    mallory_2014 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Don't do a juice cleanse! No need for it and you would lack serious nutrition. Protein and fibre are the main ones!

A cup of homemade juice now and again is great for quick vitamins and minerals but, juicing removes all the fibre. I personally would return the juicer and get a good blender so you can retain the fibre in the fruits and veggies.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Just say no.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Your juicer can grind up meat?
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    It's unlikely that you'll do any harm to yourself by drinking juice for a couple days. You may end up with a little diarrhea, but there's a very good chance you won't do any permanent harm.

It won't make you any healthier, though.

If it sounds fun to drink juice for a couple days, have fun. If you're doing it because you think it helps you be healthier, you can skip it. :)
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    If you like juice yeah.

If you're doing it to "jump start" weight loss... NO.

If you're doing it because you think you have "toxins"... NO.

If you're doing it because you think you need to cleanse yourself.... NO.
  • AspenDan
    AspenDan Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    If you like juice yeah.

...NO. made me giggle every time, like my hard *kitten* Chem teacher or something hahaa
  • enkiemonkey
    enkiemonkey Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    One of my friends who is a very healthy lifestyler and is a yoga teacher does 1-2 day juice cleanse to restart her palette. Not to clean her system or to lose weight. But to refocus her tastebuds and habits. And she only does it every 6 months.
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Nope. And you're missing all the fiber of the fruits and veggies :(
  • weight2goNow
    weight2goNow Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Most people who juice daily like to have more fruits in their morning juice and as the day goes on add more vegetables especially green-leafy vegetables (kale, collards etc). Try juicing for yourself and then you be the judge. At the end of the day if you're trying to lose some weight it comes down to calorie intake vs calorie burning. Juicing works for weight loss and as a way of getting a good dose of nutrients. Ask anyone who does a juice "fast" for 30 or more days and they will tell you they feel fantastic after. The first 3-5 days you'll feel a bit miserable both mentally and physically, but it passes. Ultimately it's about choices in what to put in your body and staying active. I don't believe in juice only for the long run, but it certainly will change how you feel about food and psychology behind why we eat and what we eat. Food for fuel, not for "fun." ;) Good luck in whatever you choose to do, but remember to try things for yourself first so you can know what works for you.
    Spamalam wrote: »
    So I've recently bought a juicer. I was wondering if anyone had done the juice clense. (I've seen some people do a week or two or anything up to 60 days) I was wondering if anyone had any advise tips or just any advise on the juice as I planning to have one for breakfast anyway... Thanks guys

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    One of my friends who is a very healthy lifestyler and is a yoga teacher does 1-2 day juice cleanse to restart her palette. Not to clean her system or to lose weight. But to refocus her tastebuds and habits. And she only does it every 6 months.

That doesn't make it any smarter, though.
  • Spamalam
    Spamalam Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Aha thanks guys maybe il juice make my self a juice every now and then for fun bit of cucumber. And strawberry
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    If you like juice yeah.

...NO. made me giggle every time, like my hard *kitten* Chem teacher or something hahaa

:D I am a mom, so I like for my No's to sound like they're the final word. My kid can't stand it.
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Most people who juice daily like to have more fruits in their morning juice and as the day goes on add more vegetables especially green-leafy vegetables (kale, collards etc). Try juicing for yourself and then you be the judge. At the end of the day if you're trying to lose some weight it comes down to calorie intake vs calorie burning. Juicing works for weight loss and as a way of getting a good dose of nutrients. Ask anyone who does a juice "fast" for 30 or more days and they will tell you they feel fantastic after. The first 3-5 days you'll feel a bit miserable both mentally and physically, but it passes. Ultimately it's about choices in what to put in your body and staying active. I don't believe in juice only for the long run, but it certainly will change how you feel about food and psychology behind why we eat and what we eat. Food for fuel, not for "fun." ;) Good luck in whatever you choose to do, but remember to try things for yourself first so you can know what works for you.

Re: Bolded- Pizza works for weight loss too. Anything does.
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    Check out these threads, they'll give you a better start and long term results than a juice - "cleanse"

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1235566/so-youre-new-here/p1

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242
  • swtness23
    swtness23 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I use to juice it was amazing still eat your normal food but have 1-2 juices a day I lost a stone in no time there so naturally taste you want more. If you want you can have your cereal in the morning juice for lunch a good healthy dinner Along side a juice and that would be all for the day
  • dawniemate
    dawniemate Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Sorry you asked? ???
  • Spamalam
    Spamalam Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Ahh
    mathjulz wrote: »
    Check out these threads, they'll give you a better start and long term results than a juice - "cleanse"

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1235566/so-youre-new-here/p1

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242

Thanks i just want overall health and fitness and controlled ibs lol not to feel sluggish read thay it makes sense =)
  • aledba
    aledba Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I wish I could take a picture of my face when I read the title.
  • Pinnacle_IAO
    Pinnacle_IAO Posts: 608 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Spamalam wrote: »

I have heard different opinions about the "cleanse", but I know juicing transformed my health.
    My diet was so bad. I think I ate fast food nearly every meal. I needed a boost of nutrition and bought a juicer and flooded my system with nutrients and blended back in most of the pulp. There was no way I was ever going to start eating fruits and veggies - no way!

After about 3 months I slowly began changing my diet and cleaning things up. Today I eat mostly whole foods...lean meats, fresh fruits and veggies, beans, nuts, whole grains and raw dairy stuff.
    And I still juice a liter of fresh fruits and veggies daily.
    Again, I don't know if I have been "cleaned", but my results have been stellar.