do you wear make up on days you have gym?

Options

Replies

• Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    I'm really pale so I wear a bit of blush and gloss. Don't want to scare anyone!
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I am a sweaty mess when I leave the gym. I don't even bother with makeup now, unless it is a special occasion.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    I go no where without my eyeliner. waterproof, smudgeproof. and waterproof mascara
  • _cdaley
    _cdaley Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I wear a tinted moisturizer with sunscreen and lip balm every day, but no mascara/eyeshadow/blush etc. I just keep a pack of makeup removing cleansing wipes in my bag and wipe it off before I work out. If I keep it on it gets all over my yoga mat when I sweat or put my face/head on the mat.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    it depends on if you are a gym bunny or not.
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    I usually go on my way home from work, so yeah, full face of makeup is still on.
    If I go before work, or on a weekend morning, I haven't showered yet or anything so I haven't bothered.
  • mikestobbs1
    mikestobbs1 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Just flavoured lip gloss. I love to look fabulous.
  • ald783
    ald783 Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    I mostly work out after work and I don't take my makeup off. I can see why it might be better for your skin to at least remove foundation but I never do and it hasn't caused any problems for me. Even when I sweat a ton my eye makeup usually stays pretty nicely in place so I don't look like too much of a monster afterward.

I look dead without a bit of eye liner on so sometimes I will still throw a little bit on even when I workout first thing in the morning. Other mornings I'm like eh whatever.
  • Angryangryamber
    Angryangryamber Posts: 1 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I wear makeup if I've been at work all day wearing it and if I'm honest I'll sometimes wear a base first thing in the morning too. Adult-onset acne came about this year and I just feel more confident covering it up a bit- wish I didn't feel the need to though!
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    if i worked out later on in the day i would but since i work out first thing before makeup even goes on i dont

i think that i would probably remove my foundation before working out just because of how sensitive my skin can be though
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,671 Member
    Options
    I don't take my makeup off before going the gym during my lunch hour or in the evening, but I also don't put makeup on if I go in the morning.
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym after work, I take it off. I only wear light make up but I can't stand the feeling on my face once I start to sweat
  • mommyvudu
    mommyvudu Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I workout before I start my day so no. If I worked out in the evening I'd probably still wear it
  • theawill519
    theawill519 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Never. I don't understand girls who come to the gym in full makeup, with super matchy tight outfits and sneakers, and jewelry to boot. I can't bring myself to take them seriously.
  • franfran1821
    franfran1821 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Yes i do. I would go to crossfit after work and still have my make up on. No one cared if it was a smeary mess when i got done. On days that i go cycling i don't because it might rain and make my eyes burn.
  • tatilove1988
    tatilove1988 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Wearing makeup while working out is not a good idea. It can cause pores to be blocked and cause breakout. If I have foundation and any kind of cream/powder on my skin (which I don't usually wear anyway), l wash it out. The only thing I can tolerate is waterproof mascara (assuming I was already wearing it) and lip colour.
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    I wear makeup every day. If I am going running in the morning, I don't put any makeup on until after i run and shower. But if I am going later in the day, I will put makeup on in the morning as I normally do.

After the run, I shower but don't wash my face and the makeup is fine...I just use an oil blotting sheet and touch up the lipstick and shadow if I do this. It looks great, but then I don't do really heavy makeup. If you're going for the Tammy Faye Bakker look, it might be more of a problem. LOL!
  • z304
    z304 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I usually work out in the morning, so on those days I put makeup on after I've worked out and showered.

If I work out in the afternoon or evening I'm usually coming from work, so then I have mascara, concealer, and blush on. I don't use foundation, my mascara is waterproof, and everything I buy is non-comedogenic so I don't bother wiping it off. However, I also don't sweat much right now plus our tiny gym is cold and FILLED with fans so I don't deal with that issue. In another gym I used to use I'd sweat more, so then I'd use a remover wipe if I worked out after work.
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options
    I don't wear a ton of makeup anyway, so yeah.
  • lisawinning4losing
    lisawinning4losing Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Maybe some tinted moisturizer and light mascara, but that's about it.