do you wear make up on days you have gym?

Options

Replies

• Qskim
    Qskim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Most days I forget to wear makeup, and when I do remember it's only bb cream and mascara. More than that and it's like a child has drawn on me with crayons :)

Lol that's how I feel.
  • klbidder
    klbidder Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I wear a full face of make up to work etc. so wear it quite a lot.
    I wouldn't bother if I was going to the gym in the morning, I'd go.. then have a swim.. after the shower I'll apply my face.
    It's so bad for your skin and clogs it up especially if you're sweating..
    That said if I was to workout on an evening I'd probably leave whatever was on my face beforehand just out of laziness.
  • Tunderlala
    Tunderlala Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Before work no, after work yes, whatever I still have on, I don't bother removing it :)
  • Tahlia68
    Tahlia68 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    If I've already got it on yes. Otherwise no. Depends what time I go.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I leave my makeup on. It's there from work. I'll wipe my lip stick off if it's red but otherwise, it's there. I don't like running around the city without makeup on whether I'm going to the gym or not.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    If I'm going in the morning, I wont put on makeup, but if I'm already wearing some, I'm not taking it off before I go to the gym
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    The amount of makeup that I wear varies depending on what I am doing and what my skin looks like.

I work out late at night. I just keep makeup remover wipes in my workout bag. I ALWAYS take off all makeup before swimming, of course. If some reason I am wearing a lot before other workouts, I will take it off. Usually all that I have on is mascara, eyeliner and lip gloss--those are fine for just about any activity.
  • jordanmeoww
    jordanmeoww Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thea519 wrote: »
    Never. I don't understand girls who come to the gym in full makeup, with super matchy tight outfits and sneakers, and jewelry to boot. I can't bring myself to take them seriously.

I'm sure those chicks couldn't care less if you take them seriously. Who cares how someone looks at the gym? What matters is that they're there. Judgmental people such as yourself are the ones who keep people from gyms in the first place
  • theawill519
    theawill519 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Never. I don't understand girls who come to the gym in full makeup, with super matchy tight outfits and sneakers, and jewelry to boot. I can't bring myself to take them seriously.

I'm sure those chicks couldn't care less if you take them seriously. Who cares how someone looks at the gym? What matters is that they're there. Judgmental people such as yourself are the ones who keep people from gyms in the first place

The girls who dress to the nines to go to the gym want to be judged. They want people to notice how cute they are. Or at least that's how it is here in the south. They also don't actually work out. They leisurely walk on the treadmill for 15 minutes or so and then hang around until some dude hits on them. And I'm sure they're judging me, too. Me with my baggy yoga pants, worn out t-shirt, no makeup, no pearls, sweating my *kitten* off. Who cares.
  • jordanmeoww
    Options

The girls who dress to the nines to go to the gym want to be judged. They want people to notice how cute they are. Or at least that's how it is here in the south. They also don't actually work out. They leisurely walk on the treadmill for 15 minutes or so and then hang around until some dude hits on them. And I'm sure they're judging me, too. Me with my baggy yoga pants, worn out t-shirt, no makeup, no pearls, sweating my *kitten* off. Who cares.

You sound like a very sad person if that truly is your view on this. You're generalizing a whole group of people, I've seen plenty of women who dress up for the gym and go into the ladies room just to lift. In fact there's a few regulars I see in there everyday. I'm not trying to argue with anyone, but any sort of judging is what needs to stop at gyms, whether it's for dressing up for the gym or not. Judgement is what keep people from going to the gym to better themselves as a whole. As long as they're not in your business, stay out of theirs.
  • theawill519
    theawill519 Posts: 242 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options

You sound like a very sad person if that truly is your view on this. You're generalizing a whole group of people, I've seen plenty of women who dress up for the gym and go into the ladies room just to lift. In fact there's a few regulars I see in there everyday. I'm not trying to argue with anyone, but any sort of judging is what needs to stop at gyms, whether it's for dressing up for the gym or not. Judgement is what keep people from going to the gym to better themselves as a whole. As long as they're not in your business, stay out of theirs.

I'm not trying to argue either; it's really not my nature. I do understand what you're saying. But I honestly think it's a regional thing and you really wouldn't I understand unless you lived in the deep "bless your heart" South lol. Either way, I wasn't trying to offend. I just stated my opinion and you came in guns blazing, so I felt the need to defend myself. If you knew me, you'd know that I'm not "sad" and I'm truly far from judgemental. Again, sorry if my opinion offended you. :)
  • jordanmeoww
    Options

. I'm not a sad pe

I'm not trying to argue either; it's really not my nature. I do understand what you're saying. But I honestly think it's a regional thing and you really wouldn't I understand unless you lived in the deep "bless your heart" South lol. Either way, I wasn't trying to offend. I just stated my opinion and you came in guns blazing, so I felt the need to defend myself. If you knew me, you'd know that I'm not "sad" and I'm truly far from judgemental. Again, sorry if my opinion offended you. :)

Haha it didn't! Sorry it came out that way I wasn't trying to attack. But hearing snarky girls in the gym talking about others grinds my nerves, and the way your op was worded is how it sounded to me at first. But I see. Have a nice night
  • AR10at50
    AR10at50 Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    I am so self conscious that I never go anywhere with out makeup. So, I finally went and had permanent eyeliner applied. I am so happy with it. It was painful, but so much with it. It saves me so much time.
  • ARC1603
    ARC1603 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I wear makeup about 70% of the time, and most of my gym visits occur on weekdays after work, so yes, I frequently, but not always, wear makeup to the gym. Only once afterwards I noticed some black fuzziness under my eyes due to my mascara. Maybe that's a bad sign that I'm not sweating enough lol

Or you have a really good mascara!!
  • hekla90
    hekla90 Posts: 595 Member
    Options

I don't look like a slob when I go to gym, do wear make up, and have the audacity to wear gym clothes that match (seriously what is up with people thinking it takes a super power to wear gym clothes that match, it's like really easy...). And I do actually workout and I look pretty awesome. Not dressed up so people like you can judge me, I do it for myself because I don't like looking sloppy. I don't give AF what you're wearing or if you don't wear make up, truth is I probably wouldn't see or notice you at all. Some of us are actually focused on ourselves.

And for those that do like to workout with make up on, as long as it's high quality I don't have any issues with my skin. I've found that "tubing" mascara, like Blinc, works the best for not budging.
  • zoomtech16
    zoomtech16 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I do. My face gets super red, and I need to feel confident at the gym, so I wear what I had on or put a little on before I go. I know people think that's annoying, but I don't care. I mostly just do foundation and eye liner though. I have my own natural blush lol!
  • kbwilson76
    kbwilson76 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    In the summer I have decent coloring, so I'll only have lip gloss. In the winter I'll wear a little bit more, but no foundation (maybe some translucent powder), so it's mostly rubbed off by the time I go to the gym.

I've noticed the older (shudders) I get, the more I'm into keeping my skin smooth and tight. Foundation just ages me.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I wear makeup every day, whether I'm going to the gym or not. If I know I'm doing a workout, I use a primer instead of foundation.
  • hekla90
    hekla90 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I don't know I just think makeup clogs pores as it is whether it's high quality or not. And then when you add sweat into the mix...poor pores. If you are going to wear foundation or powder I think you all should at least make sure the ingredients are oil free. When you are on the younger side it is easy to not care but you are better of taking of your skin now than maybe regretting it later.

Yeah I started wearing make up and immediately stopped taking care of my skin lol... And sorry maybe you don't have personal experience but there is absolutely a difference between crap you buy at wal mart and higher end make up products. I don't go near cheap drug store make up.