Eating Dinner after 7pm

Options

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Complete nonsense. I eat dinner between 9 and 10 almost every night and have lost 50 lbs. People who don't eat after 7 have too much free time on their hands.
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    DDAstrid wrote: »

I often don't finish work (where I am unable to discreetly snack) until 10pm and am literally starving.

Probably not literally...

• AspenDan
    AspenDan Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    40lbs down, almost all my food is eaten (is that a word??) between 5pm and 9pm...I don't think your body cares what time it gets food =)
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    Bronty3 wrote: »
    People in Spain and Portugal don't eat dinner until 9pm or 10 pm and, well, they are a lot thinner and healthier than people in the US.

Don't cultures who eat later also go to bed later?
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    Personally I try not to eat much after about 8:00 or so, but it has nothing to do with weight -- it's because I get indigestion if I lie down within a couple of hours after eating.

Yes, this is especially true when one eats a big meal right before bed.

@DDAstrid - how much time after you eat do you go to bed?
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    Looks like you've gotten some great info OP.

I like to ask questions when presented with such facts e.g. What if I change time zones during the day? Does it matter if I work midnights?
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    I eat dinner every night between 8:30 and 9:00 PM...I'm pretty healthy and fit.

generally these kind of things are simply meant to help people control their food intake...if they stop eating at a certain time or only eat at certain times, or don't eat this or that, it tends to create an energy deficiency which is all that is necessary to lose weight...there are many things people do to maintain such a deficiency.

I have several rules for myself because I don't log and those rules simply help me maintain my weight...there's no other magic to my rules than that.
  • cuckoo_jenibeth
    cuckoo_jenibeth Posts: 1,434 Member
    Options
    No truth to that at all. I eat dinner after 7 every single night & it hasn't made me gain weight or impede my weight loss.
    Ditto. I have lost ~90# since last July without ever eating dinner before 7 or 8pm and >gasp< often without breakfast!
    I am such a rebel!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    We eat later than that every day and I've been losing weight just fine. Would I lose more if I ate earlier? I have no idea, but it wouldn't fit my lifestyle. It ain't broke so I ain't fixin' it.
  • DDAstrid
    DDAstrid Posts: 50 Member
    Options

I often don't finish work (where I am unable to discreetly snack) until 10pm and am literally starving.

Probably not literally...

True too.

• DDAstrid
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Personally I try not to eat much after about 8:00 or so, but it has nothing to do with weight -- it's because I get indigestion if I lie down within a couple of hours after eating.

Oh I go to bed around 1.30am...it's a long day for me most days....
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,644 Member
    Options

Astrid, it really depends on you and what you can handle before going to bed. I eat the bulk of my calories (we're talking like 2000 or more) within a 2 hour time period before I go to sleep (meaning, I take my last bite and off to bed I go) and don't have any trouble whatsoever.

Eat after 7:00 pm. Eat after 11:00 pm. Eat after 3:00 am when you're deep asleep and sleep walking to the refrigerator but also sleep walk to your computer or phone and log it. :)

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    1wgugj16jys9.gif

OP, makes no difference WHEN you it, it all comes down to how much.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    I rarely eat dinner after 7, but I always eat ice cream after 7. Late dinner can result in excess fat gains. Late dessert actually helps you lose weight...but only if it's ice cream.

I kid. Meal timing doesn't matter, as the others said.
    40lbs down, almost all my food is eaten (is that a word??) between 5pm and 9pm...I don't think your body cares what time it gets food =)

Is what a word? Eaten? Of course it is.
  • DDAstrid
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »

Astrid, it really depends on you and what you can handle before going to bed. I eat the bulk of my calories (we're talking like 2000 or more) within a 2 hour time period before I go to sleep (meaning, I take my last bite and off to bed I go) and don't have any trouble whatsoever.

Eat after 7:00 pm. Eat after 11:00 pm. Eat after 3:00 am when you're deep asleep and sleep walking to the refrigerator but also sleep walk to your computer or phone and log it. :)

This made me smile.....I am a grazer...I nibble all day.
  • DDAstrid
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    1wgugj16jys9.gif

Exactly....
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    im a nighttime eater and ive lost over 150 pounds so i think you will be fine
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    1wgugj16jys9.gif

I was waiting for a Gremlins gif.