Here is a full body pic. How much more weight should I lose?

Options
13»

Replies

• Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    It depends on how you want to look, what you think is realistic, and your frame size. Assuming a lean body mass of 115, which is not unreasonable for your height, then a body fat percentage of 25% would translate to about 153lbs.

Obviously we don't know your exact LBM, and LBM can change (esp with strength training), but that's the general area. Shoot for 160 and see if you like what you see.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    to the Op- You look great. If you want to lose more I'd say 10-20 lbs would be enough.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    BMI weight range for your height is from 110lbs to 140lbs for healthy weight.
    That's always where I start. It's an objective standard with some built in flexibility.

s00nmm1tw8lo.jpg
    I'm not sure where you got that chart, but the numbers on it are way off. Look for another BMI chart. I hope you haven't been trying to lose weight to meet those numbers! They're really wrong. You may be happier when you find an accurate chart. :)
  • Pinnacle_IAO
    Pinnacle_IAO Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    BMI weight range for your height is from 110lbs to 140lbs for healthy weight.
    That's always where I start. It's an objective standard with some built in flexibility.

s00nmm1tw8lo.jpg
    I'm not sure where you got that chart, but the numbers on it are way off. Look for another BMI chart. I hope you haven't been trying to lose weight to meet those numbers! They're really wrong. You may be happier when you find an accurate chart. :)
    Somebody here corrected me and posted a better version.
    I think my chart was when they separated male from female which is outdated a bit.
    I like the notion of BMI as it gives a range as opposed to a ridged standard. BMI has value when trying to set weight loss goals, but zero value in determining health, wellness or fitness.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    shell1005 wrote: »
    Just an FYI....that BMI chart above is not current, not accurate. I don't want you thinking 140 lbs is the highest acceptable range for your height. Nope, not at all.

BMI-Chart-eng.png

I am 5'4 and 140 isn't even the highest healthy bmi for me. At ur height op, you can go quite a bit hIgher and still be healthy.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Btw you look great now, try maintaining and work on your fitness goals instead.