What reminds you to keep going?

jsjzisj
jsjzisj Posts: 8 Member
For my daily motivation, i have a fish bowl with 100 marbles in it, and a secnd fishbowl with none. Each of the 100 marbles represent a half a pound lost. Every week, i weigh myself, and for every half pound lost, i put one marble into the second bowl. I will keep doing this till i lose 50 pounds, and move all 100 marbles from one bowl, into the other.

What do you keep to remind you of your goals?

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,463 Member
    That's a great idea!
  • Pinnacle_IAO
    Pinnacle_IAO Posts: 608 Member
    jsjzisj wrote: »
    For my daily motivation, i have a fish bowl with 100 marbles in it, and a secnd fishbowl with none. Each of the 100 marbles represent a half a pound lost. Every week, i weigh myself, and for every half pound lost, i put one marble into the second bowl. I will keep doing this till i lose 50 pounds, and move all 100 marbles from one bowl, into the other.

That's cool!
    :)
    I had size 30 pants and med shirts.
    When I was finally able to fit into them, OH HAPPY DAY!

• michaels912
    michaels912 Posts: 3 Member
    My family motivates me. I want to be able to keep up with my kids, be attractive for my wife, and an example for all if them.
  • _The_Lone_Wolf_
    _The_Lone_Wolf_ Posts: 160 Member
    jsjzisj wrote: »

I like your idea but what keeps me going, i have no idea, i dont have children,familie or friends left, i guess what keeps me going is that i quit a 100 times before and its a just a waste of energy everytime and this time i dont want to throw it away again.

• allaboutthefood
    allaboutthefood Posts: 781 Member
    You know what, it's now habit yes I still have off days, but when I do. I feel like complete crap the next day. I no longer look at greasy foods and think yum they now gross me out. I enjoy food so much more now and I love how it makes me feel. I can't even imagine going back to the way I use to shop, eat and prepare food. It has truly became a complete life style change in this house.
  • _The_Lone_Wolf_
    _The_Lone_Wolf_ Posts: 160 Member
    You know what, it's now habit yes I still have off days, but when I do. I feel like complete crap the next day. I no longer look at greasy foods and think yum they now gross me out. I enjoy food so much more now and I love how it makes me feel. I can't even imagine going back to the way I use to shop, eat and prepare food. It has truly became a complete life style change in this house.
    Also when i walk in the supermarket i think to myself, damn, there is Sooooo muchhhh unhealthy stuff in here :D

• SarahLeeB23
    SarahLeeB23 Posts: 4 Member
    There's a cute meme of that has some text along the lines of "one year from now you'll be glad you started today" so I'm just doing it for the future me :)