How is LOGGING a way of Life???

Options
12346»

Replies

• slideaway1
    slideaway1 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Logging food for me is like a serial killer returning to the scene of the crime. It just isn't worth it.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,323 Member
    Options
    It's easier for me to log on my laptop than my phone. Been doing it for about 3.5 months and I'm not insane yet.

^^^this^^^

• aledba
    aledba Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    The phone app sucks. Maybe that's why you hate it? I found when I saved things on the app, they wouldn't appear on the desktop site so I couldn't be flexible where I logged. Now I just do it all on the desktop.

I laugh when you say fat is ugly. I guess you mean the appearance and location of fat is unflattering to you on your body? Because I love my body, personally, even with the fat. But I know I can be healthier in my choices and activity levels. I love fat because it keeps me full and satisfied longer. lol
  • Blueseraphchaos
    Blueseraphchaos Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    It can take 10 minutes for me to update a recipe though. Half the time, I can't change the serving size on my computer. It just doesn't change anything when I save. So I have to go to my app and look through pages and pages to find it (hello, search function???), but if it's a recent recipe, it's not even there, so I have to uninstall and reinstall MFP for it to show up.

SO FRUSTRATING.

Really? I edit my recipes all the time and it takes less than 2 minutes.

For example, when I make sesame chicken, I have to change the weight of the chicken every time. I don't have to change the weight of the other ingredients because those stay constant. I go into my recipes, hit edit, find the chicken entry and change the amount. Hit save and log it.

It's really not that hard. I've never had the app not show me a recent recipe, so you might want to ask about that.

My app shows me recipes, even recent ones, but they are never in order, so i have to search for the one i just made (when it used to be right at top)....i have beta tested all the new versions for quite awhile and i brought this up when it first happened and got totally blown off.

Gee, it's like they don't even care, since I'm not paying for it.

I'd laugh, but it's frustrating. Luckily, i now have a laptop, lol
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    logging on MFP made me crazy. I stick to paper.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    It can take 10 minutes for me to update a recipe though. Half the time, I can't change the serving size on my computer. It just doesn't change anything when I save. So I have to go to my app and look through pages and pages to find it (hello, search function???), but if it's a recent recipe, it's not even there, so I have to uninstall and reinstall MFP for it to show up.

SO FRUSTRATING.

For example, when I make sesame chicken, I have to change the weight of the chicken every time. I don't have to change the weight of the other ingredients because those stay constant. I go into my recipes, hit edit, find the chicken entry and change the amount. Hit save and log it.

It's really not that hard. I've never had the app not show me a recent recipe, so you might want to ask about that.

Yeah. I can edit the ingredients, and it saves correctly, but not the number of servings. I've tried two browsers... NOPE. Considering that I use the weight as the number of servings, I really have to change it every time.

And yeah, my phone doesn't synchronize new recipes entered on my computer, apparently.

So now I just make new recipes every time (or I'm lazy and use an old one, knowing it will be similar anyway). It's really a pain in the butt.
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options

SO FRUSTRATING.

Yeah. I can edit the ingredients, and it saves correctly, but not the number of servings. I've tried two browsers... NOPE. Considering that I use the weight as the number of servings, I really have to change it every time.

And yeah, my phone doesn't synchronize new recipes entered on my computer, apparently.

So now I just make new recipes every time (or I'm lazy and use an old one, knowing it will be similar anyway). It's really a pain in the butt.

That's just weird. Never happened to me, but I use the app.
  • Blueseraphchaos
    Blueseraphchaos Posts: 843 Member
    Options

SO FRUSTRATING.

That's just weird. Never happened to me, but I use the app.

i can only edit servings in the app and not ingredients...have to make a whole new recipe to edit the ingredients.

i can see why people say forget it when using the app.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    I'm a lazy logger, so I overestimate my caloric intake and underestimate my exercise. As long as I continue to see gains I'm good. You are overthinking this and making it far more complicated than it needs to be.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    THIS
    It's easier for me to log on my laptop than my phone. .

and
    THIS.
    vivmom2014 wrote: »
    Deep breath. There are some glitches on the recipe builder page that I've encountered but MFP advised scrolling down when the page is (seems) blank, and that has helped.

Give yourself time to adapt; how long have you been logging? It does start to get easier and faster. Stay committed to your calorie goal and stay the course. Tomorrow is a new day. Relax.

The recipe builder is a bit funky--particularly since the updates--but I find that the "Old Recipe Calculator” (which I can ONLY operate from a laptop, and isn’t even an option on my phone) is the easiest tool to use.
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,146 Member
    Options
    I don't do ANYTHING MFP (or any other app) with my phone! Sheesh, I hate texting, much less entering recipes! I go through my PC for everything.

I am the same, it is PC or nothing; I don’t do apps. When on vacation I only log if I have internet access (husband's notebook), no internet = not logging. No similar foods in the database = not logging. I hate to crowd the Frequent or Recent food list with items that I only ate once and now can't be deleted.
    And by the way, I don't find logging and weighting my food a “way of life," it is annoying and time consuming; so when I get tired I just stop and take a break from MFP. I don’t always eat the same things and I use the recipe builder a lot, so I need to edit those recipes quite frequently.
    I have been maintaining my wt for over 4 and half years, so I must be doing well. But I admit that it may not be the way to go for somebody that just started or has a lot of wt to lose.