Need Advice on Gaining Weight Faster

Options
Right now, i am eating over 5,000 calories a day. I have a really high metabolism, so im trying to eat as much as possible, but healthy as well. I workout everyday with heavy weight lifting. Any other ideas? Or motivation at all?

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    5000 calories a day?!

Are you burning a lot of calories through other activities every day?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    OP - what other daily activities are you doing?
  • harryfrankham1
    harryfrankham1 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Want to gain weight faster, EAT MORE
  • Bansh3e
    Bansh3e Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Don`t eat that healy. Binge on fries,ice cream, donuts...
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    peanut butter and full fat milk
  • nicolashabib
    nicolashabib Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Eat, eat, eat and then eat some more, I wish I could burn 5000 calories a day!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    A tube of ice cream, spoonfuls of peanut butter, candy, and drinking a lot of calories could do the trick.
  • tjames4357
    tjames4357 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Haha. Thanks. I want to try and stay healthy still eating. But i stay active throughout the day. J wake up at 4 am to workout for an hr and a half, then go to work doing IT work, not hard labor but still walking around a lot. And then after work usually have a lot of activities, like i am part time for a fire dept and i play competitive slow pitch softball
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    tjames4357 wrote: »
    Haha. Thanks. I want to try and stay healthy still eating. But i stay active throughout the day. J wake up at 4 am to workout for an hr and a half, then go to work doing IT work, not hard labor but still walking around a lot. And then after work usually have a lot of activities, like i am part time for a fire dept and i play competitive slow pitch softball

so you think anyone who eats a portion or 2 of ice cream is automatically 'unhealthy'?
  • ndj1979
    Options

so you think anyone who eats a portion or 2 of ice cream is automatically 'unhealthy'?

beat me to it...
  • AsISmile
    AsISmile Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    At some point you filled your micronutrient requirements.
    Since you seem to have a very active lifestyle there is no harm at all filling the additional calories you need to eat with some high calorie low micronutrient food.
    Furthermore, eating a bowl of icecream and some cookies is way easier than having to eat a large volumes of low calorie vegetables.
  • psuLemon
    Options
    Just going to point out that Michael Phelps and other elite Olympic athletes regularly eat foods like ice cream, pizza, pancakes, etc... in order to get enough calories. And to quote alan aragon, you don't get extra points for eating more nutrients than your body needs.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    AsISmile wrote: »
    At some point you filled your micronutrient requirements.
    Since you seem to have a very active lifestyle there is no harm at all filling the additional calories you need to eat with some high calorie low micronutrient food.
    Furthermore, eating a bowl of icecream and some cookies is way easier than having to eat a large volumes of low calorie vegetables.

this
    psulemon wrote: »
    Just going to point out that Michael Phelps and other elite Olympic athletes regularly eat foods like ice cream, pizza, pancakes, etc... in order to get enough calories. And to quote alan aragon, you don't get extra points for eating more nutrients than your body needs.

and this
  • tjames4357
    Options
    Well i cant eat ice cream due to lactose allergy... But i do eat my pizza.
  • psuLemon
    Options

How about butters (especially peanut butter) or nuts? They are both nutritionally and calorie dense. By all means, stick a spoon in a jar and go to town. It's what my friend was doing while he was eating 5000-6000 calories a day.

• tjames4357
    Options
    Which also ice cream is very high in sugar, by which i have enough of in the diet due to gatorade, protein bars and occasional red bulls. I am trying to stay away from too many sweets. But ive been hitting my 5000 calorie mark everyday besides a couple days as of recent
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »

How about butters (especially peanut butter) or nuts? They are both nutritionally and calorie dense. By all means, stick a spoon in a jar and go to town. It's what my friend was doing while he was eating 5000-6000 calories a day.

That is the exact reason I would love to bulk... For the peanut butter!!!
  • tarikhasbrouck43
    tarikhasbrouck43 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Right now, i am eating over 5,000 calories a day. I have a really high metabolism, so im trying to eat as much as possible, but healthy as well. I workout everyday with heavy weight lifting. Any other ideas? Or motivation at all?

How much cardio are you doing if a lot cut down on it
  • tjames4357
    Options

How much cardio are you doing if a lot cut down on it

Very little cardio.
  • Patttience
    Patttience Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Eat more fat. Why? Because fat has twice as many calories as carbs and proteins. So high fat foods apart from all the junk food are: nuts, seeds, salad dressing with olive oil, nut oils or best quality whole egg mayonnaise, butter, meat with fat (avoid processed meats because these are more carcinogenic, which matters if you are eating a lot of it), avocado,oily fish like salmon and sardines, cheese, full cream dairy (but don't drink more than 3 cups worth daily because there seems to be a link between high milk consumption and prostate cancer), cheese sauce, white sauces on your food, full cream yoghurt. These are probably the foods highest in fat that are whole foods or considered whole foods. Its easy to cook with lots of oil to make your food more tasty. Just don't overdo it so that it tastes bad. Cooking with good oils but minimise industrially produced oil because these are not so healthy. Stick with nut oils, cold pressed oils of any sort.

The fat will not make you fat if you are burning it up. Cut back when your activity levels fall or you reach the desired weight.