Replies

• hmoquin1985
    hmoquin1985 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Grilled buffalo chicken wrap!
  • Reema_capricorn
    Reema_capricorn Posts: 1,032 Member
    Options
    Chicken tikka biryani. Just half of it :)
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I don't understand these kinds of threads to be honest. McDonald's, cakes, pies, ice cream, chocolate..etc. How are they any better or worse than stews, interesting fruits or sublime flavor combinations of less calorie dense options?

I like threads like this that show that people are enjoying all kinds of foods and still losing weight.
    I think these threads could be helpful to the people who mistakenly think they can only eat salad, brown rice and plain chicken breast every day.
    Why do I always get the feeling that eating calorific foods is somehow worthy of more praise or mention? Isn't it just a food, just like any other food a person enjoys? Or are these just little rebellion acts against some of the old "taboo" foods resulting in overstated reactions?

It is just a food but some food is more special to each individual for whatever reason. That doesn't mean they are rebelling.
    I baked a chocolate cake this week. I don't have cake or dessert every day so it was more of an event for me. I enjoyed it and it didn't keep me from losing weight. I might have said I enjoyed the meatloaf I made that day too because it was pretty good. Meatloaf wasn't really an event to me like the cake was. If it was a day where I had grilled asparagus or homemade bread then I might have mentioned those things because those are also not every day foods for me.

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Quail, OMG, I ordered quail at restaurant today. I completely forgot how amazing they were.

And I tried my Siviero Maria gelato today. I can't believe I took so long to buy a large tub! It's so decadent.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Dunkin Donut. ;)
  • Blueseraphchaos
    Blueseraphchaos Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    abatonfan wrote: »
    I had a really good steak last night. Now I know to add some garlic powder to my salt and pepper seasoning in order to give it a bit more of a "crunch" and more flavor.

This is sad, but I got really excited about spaghetti squash a few nights ago. I'm tempted to make a mock chicken and broccoli alfredo with it (with lots of chicken, broccoli, cheese, and sauce)

I made spaghetti squash, then topped it with shredded cheese, chopped tomatoes from my garden, and two over-easy eggs. I was excited....then couldn't even eat it all. Sigh.
    Going out for sushi with my two best friends tonight! More than a little excited about that :blush:

Had some sushi while i was helping a friend move earlier this week....yum.....
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    Last night I had a noodle platter - freshly made noodles, shrimp, scallops, squid, pork, spicy sauce. It was fantastic! My step father in law commented that I seem to put away a lot of food but stay tiny. When he saw the platter come out he said there is no way you can finish that. I thought hmmmm challenge accepted and ate the whole thing!
  • TamLam99
    TamLam99 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I saved up 900 calories for homemade pizza on the grill and a skinny cow ice cream for dessert - delish.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    I don't understand these kinds of threads to be honest. McDonald's, cakes, pies, ice cream, chocolate..etc. How are they any better or worse than stews, interesting fruits or sublime flavor combinations of less calorie dense options?

I have just enjoyed an amazing cauliflower "steak" (cut steaks out of whole cauliflower, season and roast, add mushroom sauce -- heaven), yesterday I equally enjoyed rich homemade salted caramel ice cream, and the day before I immensely enjoyed a one pot dish of jute and tomatoes with chicken breast pieces full of bright flavors.

Why do I always get the feeling that eating calorific foods is somehow worthy of more praise or mention? Isn't it just a food, just like any other food a person enjoys? Or are these just little rebellion acts against some of the old "taboo" foods resulting in overstated reactions?

Don't mind me. I guess I'm reading too much into it, I'm glad everyone was able to have something they enjoyed!

What was in the mushroom sauce?

• halleyucaldwell
    halleyucaldwell Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    DanniB423 wrote: »

I have just enjoyed an amazing cauliflower "steak" (cut steaks out of whole cauliflower, season and roast, add mushroom sauce -- heaven), yesterday I equally enjoyed rich homemade salted caramel ice cream, and the day before I immensely enjoyed a one pot dish of jute and tomatoes with chicken breast pieces full of bright flavors.

Don't mind me. I guess I'm reading too much into it, I'm glad everyone was able to have something they enjoyed!

You just used the word steak to describe cauliflower. You're fired.

You win the Internet!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I hate a salted caramel truffel and a coconut rum truffle, half of a brick oven egg plant and ricotta pizza, a whole cucumber straight off the farm, 3 wonderfully creamy coffees, and a couple servings of frozen yogurt.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    _Terrapin_ wrote: »

What was in the mushroom sauce?

Mushrooms, onion, garlic, beef broth, butter, flour, sherry, herbs. The trick is to really cook it down and reduce it to concentrate flavors.
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    It was delicious.

What did you enjoy eating today?

If you want to buy a McDonald's but sort of want to watch your calories at the same time either get a happy meal or get a cheese burger meal with diet Coke.
    Always get a DIET Coke it has virtually 0 calories.

It was all preplanned and within my daily allowance. I had water because diet coke is gross. Can not stand the taste.

Funnily enough I normally have a happy meal (cheese burger, fries & water) because it's lower in cals but I had a voucher. So Big Mac it was.
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options

You are reading far too much into it. I just happened to enjoy my burger. I wondered what everyone else was enjoying. Sometimes you get some interesting ideas for less calorie dense versions of food from these threads.
  • misschoppo
    misschoppo Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Sushi :)