Bulking your oats out!

Options
2»

Replies

• Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    OK, so I paid the price for the Wheetabix. Our cereal doesn't come in clumps that big. Our cereal doesn't turn to total mush the second the milk hits it. I think they're better if eaten cookie-style (or biscuit-style, for you guys.) As a snack, not bad at all. As a cereal, I'd pass.

So not crunchy, Captain Crunch would so kick the asp of the Wheetabix. Like, the Wheetabix army would come marching in and without getting off the sofa, the Captain would beat them all of and win the battle. He wouldn't even have to put down his Diet Pepsi.

They're good, though. :)

Not going to add them to my oatmeal!
    Kalikel wrote: »
    My friend just checked at Publix. A box of Wheetabix is $5.39.

They better be good.

Trader Joes sells them cheaper than that.
    Thank you for that! Too late for me, but it was nice of you to share. :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Now I want to go to Trader Joe's to find them... I assume it's some TJ brand item? What's the fiber count on them?
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Now I want to go to Trader Joe's to find them... I assume it's some TJ brand item? What's the fiber count on them?

It's a British thing. I'm sure they're much cheaper over there. They come in big chunks, about as wide as a McDonald's hash brown, but not as long...and thicker. Each one is called a "biscuit." Two of them have 4g of fiber.

Kinda-sorta like Shredded Wheat, but much softer and better tasting. Taste more like Corn Flakes than Shredded Wheat.
  • robertsfewell
    robertsfewell Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    It is actually one of the items they sell that is the real brand. They are only $2.99 at my TJ's.
  • dc1arkson
    dc1arkson Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Tbh they're supposed to be kinda soft and depending on milk added is how mushy they will go. They are best with not too much soya milk (or your choice) and some stevia on top and you usually break them up. My idea was with them going so mushy it kinda bulks up the volume of oats ALOT.
  • dc1arkson
    dc1arkson Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I was actually thinking about it and one of the chia co. Shots is 8g 37cals. One of these would bulk oats up a lot and obviously have a lot of extra benefits too