So Sick!

Options
I am so sick of gaining weight, of being obsessessed with my logging, of feeling like i am doing the best that i can do but i am still not seeing the results.

This week my goal is to start hitting my step goal each day, even if that means taking a walk at lunch and when i get home at night. I want to be able to eat the food that i want to eat, withing reason of course, and not feel like i need to starve myself then binge.

I have also learned that if i am craving something, i can either walk across the street to Walgreens and get it and feel like crap later or i can go for a walk and figure out the real reason for the craving and possible save the money i would have spent and feel so much better after my walk!

Replies

• BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    Goof got you. It sounds like you've had that moment where you're just simply fed up and ready to make changes for once and for all. Now hang onto that feeling and when you're tempted or feel like giving up, take a few minutes and think back about how you feel now.. sick and tired of gaining and stressing and obsessing and spending money and time on anxiety over it. It's good to set weekly, monthly or even daily goals, small and obtainable ones :smile: Baby steps...
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Are your calorie goal too restrictive? Are you using a food scale? What's your daily calorie goal?
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    I am so sick of gaining weight, of being obsessessed with my logging, of feeling like i am doing the best that i can do but i am still not seeing the results.

This week my goal is to start hitting my step goal each day, even if that means taking a walk at lunch and when i get home at night. I want to be able to eat the food that i want to eat, withing reason of course, and not feel like i need to starve myself then binge.

I have also learned that if i am craving something, i can either walk across the street to Walgreens and get it and feel like crap later or i can go for a walk and figure out the real reason for the craving and possible save the money i would have spent and feel so much better after my walk!

You're mentally on the right track. You can do it. Eating the food you like and losing weight IS possible. All you have to do is buy a food scale, weigh your solid foods and have your single portions of those foods and meet your calorie goals. You'll enjoy your food and still lose weight.
    I love to hear that you're working on figuring out why you are craving foods, and ready to work on those reasons! That's so great. You're going to be successful!
    Also read the first post in this thread: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1235566-so-you-re-new-here
  • leooftheyear
    leooftheyear Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I know its all possible, i've been a member of MFP for almost 2 years and a member of WW a few different times. It's just mentally i either restrict my calories really badly in fear of going over or i don't care. Somehow i always sabbotash myself. I noticed how obsessive i was becoming with my calorie counting and my lack of consistency at the gym, so this month i am focusing on being more consistent, making less excuses and just seeing how i feel physically.

And yes i have a food scale and that's part of my obsessiveness with the calorie counting.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    I'm glad that using a food scale doesn't feel obsessive to me. I just think of it as measuring accurately. It helps that the kitchens I've worked in use them for accuracy and America's Test Kitchen says:

http://www.americastestkitchen.com/equipment_reviews/695-digital-scales?incode=MASAZ00L0&ref=search_results_2

Handy as they are, measuring cups will never measure up to the accuracy of a digital scale. We’ve found that when measuring dry ingredients using a “dip and sweep” method, different cooks can be off by as much as 10 percent—a variance that, in baking, can mean the difference between a dense cake or a fluffy, tender crumb. To find the best scale for the job, we tested nine models, each measuring in 1-gram increments. As we placed 30-, 200-, and 500-gram lab weights on their surfaces-and moved them around to make sure readings were equal in every position-we found only negligible discrepancies (within 2 grams). We based our rankings, then, on how easy the scales are to use. Whether you choose a scale that measures in decimals (as the professionals use) or fractions (as most home recipes are written) is a matter of preference. We ranked scales most highly for roomy platforms (over 6 inches); at least 7-pound capacity; a large, clear readout display; and sensitive, accessible buttons. Our new favorite, which displays weights in fractions or grams, measures up all around.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED - WINNER

OXO Food Scale

Exceptionally intuitive. The super-clear display offers an optional backlight, four easy-to-read buttons, and, unique to OXO, can be pulled out from the large, removable (i.e. washable) platform when weighing bulky items.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options

Way to retrain your brain! :)

Last night I was angry with my landlord and wanting to do some emotional eating but I went out and worked in the garden instead, which made me feel much better than comfort food does.

• leooftheyear
    leooftheyear Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »

Way to retrain your brain! :)

Last night I was angry with my landlord and wanting to do some emotional eating but I went out and worked in the garden instead, which made me feel much better than comfort food does.

Definitely! I am starting to love my lunchtime walks!