My story of 130 lbs lost was published today

Options
TheFitHooker
TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
So I submitted my story to a few places and today I got an email that it was published, wanted to share :)

http://www.shapefit.com/success/success-stories-weight-loss-melissa-p.html <-- copy paste it

Replies

• airwagn
    airwagn Posts: 21
    Options
    Congratulations! That's tremendous. =)
  • Mommylicous
    Mommylicous Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Great job :)

I love the "I hate Push-ups" shirt haha!
  • teamstanish
    teamstanish Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Wow! Fantastic, you should be super proud!
  • amypomm
    amypomm Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I love your story! So motivational. My scale stopped moving so Im pulling out the tape measure.
  • AnotherTryLiz
    AnotherTryLiz Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Great article. You have done amazing!
  • TheFitHooker
    Options
    Great job :)

I love the "I hate Push-ups" shirt haha!

My husband bought me that shirt lol, he said it just reminded him of all my hard work lol. I actually have a love hate relationship with them, in the moment I hate them but in the end results I love them.
  • LorienAnduin
    Options
    Nice, good work.
  • CBrook04
    CBrook04 Posts: 107
    Options
    That is awesome!! Love the "I learned that willpower is just a muscle and every time I flex it, the stronger it will get." quote. You look absolutely beautiful & you sound like a beautiful person inside as well. How does it feel to have lost more weight than you currently weigh?, that is amazing! You have lost a whole person. Congratulations on all of your success, you are an inspiration.
  • zoegator
    zoegator Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Congrats! The story is great! Your accomplishments are amazing!
  • ConstantRose
    Options
    from one writer to another - Congrats! (on the publication and the weight loss)
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    You say this in the article and its very inspiring:

Do you have any advice for others who are trying to lose weight?

The best piece of advice that was given to me and I still stand by it today would be that there is a difference between interest and commitment. When you're interested in doing something, you do it only when it's convenient. When you're committed to something, you accept no excuses and expect only results. I've always been interested in losing weight but I had never committed myself to doing it. When I did finally commit, nothing stood in my way. To me, I looked at it like a job and I had to do it because it needed to be done. Just like a job, you have to work to make it through life and to support your family. Well, this was a job and I had to better myself so I could be around for my family. You are worth it and you need to find something about yourself that you love. Focus on that and fight for what you want the most in life. No one can do it but you. Tell your mind to shut up and prove it wrong!

Thanks SO MUCH !!!!
  • 2BVeggie
    2BVeggie Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Quite the story. Revelation in going beyond interest to commitment. Also, keeping foods you like and making healthier choices. Good detailed share. Thanks.
  • alphabetsoup2013
    alphabetsoup2013 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    What you said here really resonated with me:

"Motivation is what got me started, habit is what keeps me going!"

Thanks -- and congratulations on your success!"
  • Kalee34
    Kalee34 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Congrats Melissa!! So proud of you!!
  • MoJoPoe
    MoJoPoe Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Dreams really do come true.
  • michellechawner
    Options
    Great job!!
  • jillsjourney
    jillsjourney Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • cupcakes_and_cardio
    cupcakes_and_cardio Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing the site. You're amazing, great work!!
  • TheFitHooker
    Options
    That is awesome!! Love the "I learned that willpower is just a muscle and every time I flex it, the stronger it will get." quote. You look absolutely beautiful & you sound like a beautiful person inside as well. How does it feel to have lost more weight than you currently weigh?, that is amazing! You have lost a whole person. Congratulations on all of your success, you are an inspiration.

Well honestly I feel pretty amazing. Today my son actually came up to me and put his arm around me and whispered to me "You're the most beautiful mom ever." but while that is so sweet and made me melt in the moment, he followed it up with "But your hair is getting gray spots in it, that means you're old, I think it is time you do something about that. You're just to beautiful to look that old." lol, he is a mess.. I do need to redye my hair haha.
  • WeightHacker
    WeightHacker Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    thats amazing great job :3
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!