The science of skipping breakfast - WaPo

Options
124»

Replies

• I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Thanks to this thread, I'm having omelets and biscuits for dinner tonight. I'm going cheese, mushroom, onion, jalapeno and spinach. B)
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    Thanks to this thread, I'm having omelets and biscuits for dinner tonight. I'm going cheese, mushroom, onion, jalapeno and spinach. B)

Dangit - that's two threads on two consecutive days influencing my decision to make Brinner.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    CSARdiver wrote: »

Dangit - that's two threads on two consecutive days influencing my decision to make Brinner.

It's a conspiracy.

conspiracy-theorist-breakfast.jpg?w=627
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    I was curious as to what percentage of the general population eats breakfast--is it higher or lowr than the percentage of breakfast eaters with long term weight loss success per the National Weight Control Registry?

I found this food market research study that indicated that between 72% and 89% of males and 82% and 90% of females (depending on age group) ate breakfast during the study's time period.

Then I found this , which found that 80% of Americans eat breakfast on any given day.

It doesn't seem like 78% of long term weight losers who eat breakfast is significantly higher/lower than breakfast eaters in the population at large.

This is the first rebuttal I've seen to the NWCR breakfast-eater statistic. You get a cookie. Or some bacon if you prefer.