Question about Wisconsin

Options
2»

Replies

• giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I live in one of the nicest areas of the state that is slowly being overdeveloped by big box stores and deplorable strip malls, which is the Kettle Moraine/Lake Country area just west of Milwaukee. While the cuisine sucks, the lakes and hiking are quite nice.

Wish I could make use of the lakes more.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    moyer566 wrote: »
    Jruzer wrote: »
    moyer566 wrote: »
    Jruzer wrote: »
    Why are you drinking wine in Wisconsin instead of beer?

And where, in particular, are you going? Northern Wisconsin by Hayward or Minocqua perhaps?

our wine is equally outstanding. our weather being similar to some European wine country
    just saying

We'll have to agree to disagree on the wine front. Haven't had any Wisco wines I like all that much. Agree 100% on cheese.
    wollersheim, parallell44
    good stuff

I've had plenty of Wollersheim, sorry. The winery's not too far from me.

I'll leave more for you and stick with New Glarus, O'So, Karben4, etc. :p
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    I was just looking at the ciders WI makes
    hmmm
  • sophomorelove
    sophomorelove Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    thanks for the replies. I am not too concerned about food control, just wanted some other ideas. I found a police 5k I might do. I've no idea where we're staying it's been organized by my in-laws and they won't tell me (keep forgetting) but I guess it's somewhere around Wisconsin Dells.
  • jmule24
    jmule24 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    thanks for the replies. I am not too concerned about food control, just wanted some other ideas. I found a police 5k I might do. I've no idea where we're staying it's been organized by my in-laws and they won't tell me (keep forgetting) but I guess it's somewhere around Wisconsin Dells.

Plenty of fun things to do and eat up this way. I live 10mins from the Dells. Devils Lake or Mirror Lake state parks both have great trails!
  • mbaker566
    Options
    pewitts nest and palfrey's glen have some good hikes I hear
  • sophomorelove
    sophomorelove Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    thanks, everyone, had a great time on my vacation. I ran every day and lost some weight while not denying myself margaritas, cheeses and and other delicious treats. I'd say it was a great success.
  • mbaker566
    Options
    thanks, everyone, had a great time on my vacation. I ran every day and lost some weight while not denying myself margaritas, cheeses and and other delicious treats. I'd say it was a great success.
    great