How Do You Lose 100 Pounds? My story, a work in progress!

Options

Replies

• judih773
    judih773 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    what an absolutely amazing effort and success good on you - you are fabulous :-)
  • radiosilents
    radiosilents Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Thank you thank you all! I can't wait to get the rest of the weight off, too. But it is amazing what a difference there is even now. I just came home from a short vacation that involved a day at the beach and I was in heaven. It was a totally different experience now that I am not so ashamed of my body. It is still far from perfect, but with all the stuff I do now, I feel way more confident and capable. That means more to me than a number on a scale.
  • HippySkoppy
    HippySkoppy Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Major high 5's on your success!!!!!
  • Riherd2015
    Riherd2015 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You are fabulous..you look fabulous...keep moving forward, never look back.
  • radiosilents
    Options
    Riherd2015 wrote: »
    You are fabulous..you look fabulous...keep moving forward, never look back.

Will do! :)
    Major high 5's on your success!!!!!

Thank you!!!

• efrensgirl2015
    efrensgirl2015 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!
  • skinnyb05
    skinnyb05 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I just read your interview! So inspiring!! So many times I get hung up on the number I have left (right now 50-70lbs) and it seems so far away. I lose very slowly. Then I see the 100lb + losses and I stop feeling sorry for myself! Congratulations and continued success!
  • fightlikeabrave
    fightlikeabrave Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm a success story junkie and yours is one of the best! Never quit and never EVER lose the cat glasses!!
  • ThatLadyFromMN
    ThatLadyFromMN Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Well done girl friend!!! :) You look amazing!! You look like you've lost much more than 100 lbs! Keep up the good work! :) I have 30 more lbs to lose to hit the 100 lbs lost mark, it feels so far away, thanks for sharing... needed that little kick in the butt this morning!
  • donnaknighten88
    donnaknighten88 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You go girl! Very inspirational. You look fabulous!
  • radiosilents
    Options
    You guys, thanks so much again. I am glad that my story is inspiring you! Funny enough, I've hit kind of a hard time since posting, but I am NOT giving up. I've gained too much positive stuff to go back from where I came. No way, no how.

If anyone wants to be friends, I am happy to – but as stated on my profile page, PLEASE send a note with your request! I've received several requests with nothing and from people who don't have a profile filled out, and have declined them. I like to know a little bit about the people I "hang" with here on MFP! :)
  • Watch_Me_Rise
    Watch_Me_Rise Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Great job!
  • kmg3614
    kmg3614 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring!! Amazing job!
  • radiosilents
    Options
    Thank you thank you!
  • radiosilents
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Hi again, everyone. I wanted to report in on my "progress" – unfortunately I have bounced up a few pounds since losing the 100, but I am holding on. Yesterday I did a full purge of ALL the clothes not serving me well in my life and made the decision to get rid of everything that was too big, even just a little, and everything that I did not feel good in, even if it "fit". What an amazing exercise! In the past when I'd lost weight I always hung on to the bigger clothes, and I think that gave me permission to gain the weight back. This way I will need to be really careful of the decisions I make if only because I will have no "fall back" clothes to wear. Fortunately, I DID hang on to a lot of clothes that I outgrew over the years and so I have rediscovered more stuff I can wear now and look forward to wearing things in another 20+ pounds lost. That is fun!

I have realized that I am about to enter the 18 to 20/XL size range, which is very exciting and motivating. Taking the time to go through piles of clothes helped me remember all the reasons I am doing what I'm doing and why I want to keep doing it until I reach my goal.

Even though I have been stuck in the mid-270s for the past month or so (272 was the 100 pound mark), I'm doing lots of amazing activities, and I am getting a taste of what maintenance will be like. Seems pretty awesome and doable, but now I am ready to take things to the next level. I think that the next 50 pounds or so will be especially transformative.

Here's a photo I took yesterday in all my tryings-on. I'm wearing a t-shirt I used to wear in college 25 years ago, and jeans that I was only ever able to wear for a short period about 10 years ago (and not even that comfortably back then!). Yes, I held onto clothes that I really liked as I gained weight and grew out of them. So glad I did!

elg3d37g4ram.jpg

And here I am about to cross the finish line at the last 5K I ran last Friday. ;)

jfbyqzhxpmqr.jpg

Feeling pretty great!
  • rubywooed
    rubywooed Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    So awesome! I love your story! :-)
  • SaraSinsation
    SaraSinsation Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Congratulations! Im down 91 lbs since February of this year and I would love to add you if you would let me- I have about 76 lbs to go and I want to stay motivated and build a support team.
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Great job! 100 lbs takes so so much work, yet you did it! ^^
  • Emartz2
    Emartz2 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    You're amazing!!! Keep it up! Thank for sharing.
  • radiosilents
    Options
    I am updating again because I haven't lost any more weight.

On the plus side:

• I have more or less maintained for almost three months

• I reached out for help this past weekend when I had a crisis of faith in myself that I wouldn't be able to finish what I started. A post on Facebook asking for help yielded so many amazing comments from friends and family, and I am now feeling energized and ready to tackle the next 100 pounds. It's overwhelming and a little scary, but it's something I NEED to do.

• I am working with a nutritionist!

My latest blog post about this: Support Systems Are Crucial

I am NOT giving up.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!