donuts are evil

Options
sebring2008ks
sebring2008ks Posts: 25 Member
edited August 2015 in Motivation and Support
Helppp!!! Lol I ate a few mini donuts this morning Thinking ohhhhh theres only 70 calories in one ....I can have just one! Well one turned into 6! I feel like a failure and like I ruined my whole day of dieting. I'm beating myself up about it....this is my pattern I eat good for 2 days then fail on the 3rd day like what the hell is wrong with my brain???

Replies

• auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Stop labeling food as good or evil. Don't deny yourself foods you enjoy because it obviously leads to a more binging type behavior. Instead try to plan ahead and incorporate a small amount of something you like more frequently. If you have a mini donut every day instead of "just this once" it can be easier to sticking to a smaller portion.
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    That is a 420 calorie breakfast...not that bad if you have a reasonable deficit. It might not be the most nutritious breakfast however.

Life happens...the only way it ruins your whole day is if you make that choice.

How does feeling guilty help?
  • sebring2008ks
    Options
    Wow thank you! You are so right! :) I will def try that
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    Stop labeling food as good or evil. Don't deny yourself foods you enjoy because it obviously leads to a more binging type behavior. Instead try to plan ahead and incorporate a small amount of something you like more frequently. If you have a mini donut every day instead of "just this once" it can be easier to sticking to a smaller portion.

That is an option but 1 little bitty mini doughnut would drive me insane. I would opt to set aside one day a week for...doughnuts! However not the little bitty mini ones...I'd go for the cinnamon twist.

• auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Annie_01 wrote: »

That is an option but 1 little bitty mini doughnut would drive me insane. I would opt to set aside one day a week for...doughnuts! However not the little bitty mini ones...I'd go for the cinnamon twist.

Ha, I go for a serving of ice cream, but then there are times I have a big splurge day and balance it out the rest of the week. In general, I think moderation works better, but figuring out how to work in that moderation without binges is pretty personal to everyone.

Also, if you're going for fried goodness with cinnamon, you should be saving up for an apple fritter. Nom nom nom.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    food is food. it is neither bad nor good.
    so you splurged, you admitted it. now the next choice, make a healthier one.
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    Annie_01 wrote: »

Those mini bite things are lethal when it comes to portion control. I find that I usually eat far more calories eating multiple mini bite treats than I would have done if I had just had one of the bigger version of it.

So, when it comes to dougnuts and I want one I just find a decent size one and have at it and avoid the mini things like the plague...
  • sebring2008ks
    Options
    l
    moyer566 wrote: »
    food is food. it is neither bad nor good.
    so you splurged, you admitted it. now the next choice, make a healthier one.

You are so right!!!
  • sebring2008ks
    Options
    Thank you guys! I really needed to post that cause if I didn't I would prob have ruined my whole day with bad eating....and you guys are motivating me to stick to this
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    I ate a 400 calorie long john yesterday - it was delicious! Just make up for it later in the day and if not...tomorrow. Your body doesn't operate on a 24 hr regimen the way MFP logging does.
  • accidentalpancake
    accidentalpancake Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Is that like 'cake or death'?
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    Options
    Personally -- that is to say as a person -- I like my evil with a donut.
  • sebring2008ks
    Options
    It was the mini chocolate hostess ones...still wishing I wouldn't have eaten them and binged on oatmeal instead :(
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Personally -- that is to say as a person -- I like my evil with a donut.

giphy.gif
  • sebring2008ks
    Options
    That ment to say "donuts are evil "
    Options
    It was the mini chocolate hostess ones...still wishing I wouldn't have eaten them and binged on oatmeal instead :(
    Well that's you're problem right there. You need to find yourself a real donut shop.

Pshaw.
  • sebring2008ks
    Options
    Well that's you're problem right there. You need to find yourself a real donut shop.

Pshaw.

Hahaha I work at dunkin donuts! Go figure
    Options

Pshaw.

Hahaha I work at dunkin donuts! Go figure

Your secret betrayal is safe with me. :p
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    I'll take donuts over evil.
  • sebring2008ks
    Options
    Hahaha! ;)